PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre

Old Tiger
07-28-2008, 04:05 PM
His douche factor is at an all time high.....

piratebg
07-28-2008, 04:11 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/jakkiglass/douche.jpg

Old Tiger
07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
and he could use some of these
http://www.healthinajiffy.co.uk/images/tampax%20super%20plus%2030.jpg

popcorn screen
07-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Farve is still good enough to play. I dont like how the whole situation is going down. If he wants to be a Viking, let them. Green Bay can beat the Vikings with Rogers at QB:thinking: No one in the Pack organization wants to see that.

Rocket
07-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Mean what you say and say what you mean. Either retire, or don't. He should have thought about this before he announced his retirement. Brett Favre loves him some him.

forum_guy
07-28-2008, 06:38 PM
i dont understand people like u guys...have yall ever played a professional sport and wanted to retire...i dont think so, what is wrong with him wanting to comeback..absolutely nothing...the organization is a joke for saying he would be a backup....if they want to pay him 12 million for him to be a backup why not trade him for a draft pick...that organize is stupid....and to say the packers with rodgers would beat the vikings with favre is kinda stupid too because having favre would make peterson even better and berrian would be a stud with favre at qb and the vikings defense will be better....so idk about that statement..

piratebg
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the board.

Personally, I think both sides are acting like...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/spiffywonderboy/10182007/Douche.gif

forum_guy
07-28-2008, 06:46 PM
thanks...im happy to be here....the organization is the problem...there should be no problem with favre wanting to come back

popcorn screen
07-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey, if I had his career....He should be allowed to come back at hsi descretion. Pack is moving on - fine, then let him play for who he wants. Surely they are not afraid he will come back to whoop up on em:doh:

forum_guy
07-28-2008, 06:54 PM
thats what im saying if u think rodgers is better and favre should be the backup then why u scared to let him go to minnesota...lol and u get a draft pick out of it...

DU_stud04
07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
the vikings will beat the packers no matter who is qb at either side :) tjack, rice, ad, chester taylor, big oline....mirrored by a monster d. it should be a great year for the vikings :)

thought this read was funny......
http://crookstontimes.com/articles/2008/07/28/sports/9sports2.txt

(or read below)

Brett Favre needs to go away. But he likes the media attention too much to just fade away into Packer lore. He loves being in the spotlight. Everybody knew he wasn't going to go away quietly when he decided to hang up his cleats in March. All the sports talk shows said he'll be back, most of his teammates thought he would return to the game and we all know Packer fans were praying to Vince Lombardi for what they think is God's gift to football to return.

Those prayers must have been intercepted on their way to Lombardi because now Favre wants to commit treason and play for another team. His relationship with the Packer organization seems to be in shambles and it appears to be mostly Favre's doing.

Brett said he felt he was "pressured" into retirement by the Packers. However, he wasn't pressured the previous years when the organization sat back, while their wonder boy left them uncertain about his future. This season the Packers had enough and didn't want Favre to drag on retirement long after the NFL Draft.

Favre, in an interview with Greta Van Susteren of Fox News, claimed he was never fully committed to retirement but that he is 100% committed to playing again. Wouldn't you think that the player that puts 100% into everything he does on the field would put the same effort into his choices regarding his playing career? Figure it out, Brett.

When I first heard the notion that Favre could play for the Minnesota Vikings next season, I was excited. According to every ESPN "expert," all the Vikings need to be top-notch contenders is a quarterback. After I started thinking rationally, I came to realize Favre is a 38-year old timer that has the all-time record for most interceptions. With the Vikings young group of receivers, it wouldn't be a good fit to have Favre closing his eyes and heaving the ball up into the white Metrodome sky.

Now, the Packers are accusing Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell of talking with Favre. Talking? Apparently you can't have friends that play/work for other organizations in the NFL. It seems as if the Packers don't like all the attention their beloved former quarterback is giving them and they want to steer the media towards Minnesota.

According to Vikings coach Brad Childress, Tarvaris Jackson is the Vikings quarterback for next season. Once the Vikings prove they did nothing wrong the only media attention they will be getting is when they win games.

The Favre bandwagon may look fun with its big circuses and media attention but the Tarvaris Jackson wagon will be the better ride

popcorn screen
07-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Tavaris is a nice player, but he cant wear Bretts jock today:hand:

DU_stud04
07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Tavaris is a nice player, but he cant wear Bretts jock today:hand: that's just nasty..... who would want to?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

piratebg
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm not sold on Tavaris Jackson yet, but the rest of the team is looking good.

Old Tiger
07-28-2008, 07:16 PM
why would they just let him go when they have money on his contract if he comes back?

they'll surely take a cap hit so if minnesota wanted to make a damn good trade then ya but brett favre doesn't want to play for just anyone

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I have always liked Brett Favre, but I am disappointed in him. Wishy Washy people just bug the crap out of me!!

BreckTxLonghorn
07-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i dont understand people like u guys...have yall ever played a professional sport and wanted to retire...i dont think so, what is wrong with him wanting to comeback..absolutely nothing...the organization is a joke for saying he would be a backup....if they want to pay him 12 million for him to be a backup why not trade him for a draft pick...that organize is stupid....and to say the packers with rodgers would beat the vikings with favre is kinda stupid too because having favre would make peterson even better and berrian would be a stud with favre at qb and the vikings defense will be better....so idk about that statement..

Look at the business side of it. Say you were an accountant for a company and they paid you 120k to do the books. For a few years towards the end of you career, it seemed like you might retire each year after Tax Day. To help with transition for the inevitable, they hired an intern to learn how things went as the went to college and really learned the trade. Finally, after another 4/15, you decide that you're still sharp, but it gets rough. So you retire.

They immediately hire the intern with a starting salary of 75k. With the extra money, they hire a part-time admin to help with collection of documents and filing and pay 25k. Then, after about 6 months, you realize you want to come back because you're bored with not working, but you want your old salary back to come work, and you feel they owe it to you.

Would you reasonably expect them to take you back? Honestly?

forum_guy
07-28-2008, 11:19 PM
dont look it at like that cuz there wouldnt be a problem if they would just trade him and they would pick up a draft pick....the organization is stupid for ever saying he would be the backup to rodgers....that set everyone off...that was stupid because it made it seem like rodgers would do better than favre...if thats the case why not let him go to the vikings other than the fact that the vikings would tear them up with favre and still might with jackson

bandera7
07-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I feel the need to express my 2 cents here....
#1. Dont retire, and this is all not happening.
#2. You are Brett Favre. You honestly mean to tell me that anybody can pressure you into anything? Come on
#3. Packers, dont be stupid with your comments.
#4. The Packers cannot just let Brett go to another team. The fans will feel hurt because Brett is/always should be a Packer. And to allow him to go somewhere else would destroy that image.
#5. Tavaris Jackson is horrible
#6. With Brett, the Vikings would, in my mind, undoubtedly win the super bowl. Without him, they have a good shot still.

Old Tiger
07-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
dont look it at like that cuz there wouldnt be a problem if they would just trade him and they would pick up a draft pick....the organization is stupid for ever saying he would be the backup to rodgers....that set everyone off...that was stupid because it made it seem like rodgers would do better than favre...if thats the case why not let him go to the vikings other than the fact that the vikings would tear them up with favre and still might with jackson why should brett get the benefit of the doubt....

1. he retired
2. packers moved forward
3. drafted a backup for rodgers

and finally why wouldn't you look at it like a busines that is what the NFL is and it's product is football ;)

forum_guy
07-29-2008, 01:07 AM
the packers should be able to move on but why be childish about it and say we will keep favre but as a backup...and why does anyone care what favre does...if he still would love to play the game thats his own decision..it shouldnt be a big deal for everyone...with that being said i could see a qb battle next year or sometime soon during camp because brian brohm as rodgers backup could put up a battle with rodgers...neither one has proved anything so we dont know who is better or who will be better

Old Tiger
07-29-2008, 01:12 AM
i think favre is the one acting childish here.....

Dogman_1969
07-29-2008, 07:43 AM
just retire already. The guy has talked about it for yrs and now GB has called his bluff and he wants to play games. If all the other teams think he has so much left in the tank then they should belly up and give GB a #1 for him and see.

I personnally would like to see him in Detroit and see if they can win with all the great receivers they have but I doubt that will happen. You'd think that they would give a #1, heck they waste them on WR all the time.........

Farmersfan
07-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Fact #1: Every offseason for the last 4 years Favre has held the Packers at his mercy with talk of retirement. Enough is enough.

Fact #2: The Packers signed (and paid) Favre a long term contract (with upfront money) and he decided to retire without fullfilling his contractual responsibilities. They still have the contract rights to him. (which they paid for). The Packers should ask Favre for the 16 million dollars back that they overpaid him for his upfront money for signing the last 6 year contract. That would send him to the retirement home in seconds.

Fact#3: Favre had a All Star year last year but the previous 2 years he was horrible. In 2006 he threw 45 interception which led the NFL. (and was 20 more than the number of TDs he threw).

Fact#4: He doesn't even spell his last name correctly. That alone is enough for me to side with the team.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Fact #1: Every offseason for the last 4 years Favre has held the Packers at his mercy with talk of retirement. Enough is enough.

Fact #2: The Packers signed (and paid) Favre a long term contract (with upfront money) and he decided to retire without fullfilling his contractual responsibilities. They still have the contract rights to him. (which they paid for). The Packers should ask Favre for the 16 million dollars back that they overpaid him for his upfront money for signing the last 6 year contract. That would send him to the retirement home in seconds.

Fact#3: Favre had a All Star year last year but the previous 2 years he was horrible. In 2006 he threw 45 interception which led the NFL. (and was 20 more than the number of TDs he threw).

Fact#4: He doesn't even spell his last name correctly. That alone is enough for me to side with the team.

:clap: :clap:

My thoughts exactly, though you forgot Fact #5

After the Packers drafted Rodgers for the inevitable day that Favre retired so that he could learn from the man, Favre told the media he's not here to mentor anyone. Way to pay it forward there, Brett.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Remember Emmitt.

Left the Cowboys because he still wanted to play...spent two years in Arizona and got to play, Cowboy fans gave him a standing O when he played against the Cowboys (I was at that game).

Emmitt didn't hurt the Cowboys or fans by leaving, and he still played, although neither team did much.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Remember Emmitt.

Left the Cowboys because he still wanted to play...spent two years in Arizona and got to play, Cowboy fans gave him a standing O when he played against the Cowboys (I was at that game).

Emmitt didn't hurt the Cowboys or fans by leaving, and he still played, although neither team did much.

Two different situations.

Emmitt didn't retire, then change his mind and ask to come back. He wanted to keep playing, the 'Boys wanted to move in another direction, so they cut him to let him go and do his own thing; it was a mutual agreement.

The Packers asked Favre to come back; he said no, he wanted to retire--they moved on. Now months later he asks to come back after they've already prepared to do something else.