PDA

View Full Version : High School Football?????

Rabid Cougar
07-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Since there is only one thread about 3 A high school foot currently on this board I thought I would try to bring it back to reality.

Yes I am disappointed that CS was taken out of the Waco area district. The old 17 3 A was the toughest in the state in my opinion. I will miss the weekly wars that were certain to take place every Friday.

CS DAD
07-27-2008, 09:41 PM
this board is alot of what is your favorite movie or hamburger

Ranger Mom
07-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by CS DAD

Only because it's off season....when the season rolls around, there will be plenty of football talk!:rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
07-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Only because it's off season....when the season rolls around, there will be plenty of football talk!:rolleyes:

That is right. Boys and girls two a days are a comin and I am getting ready for coachin my little guys. August 4.

LH Panther Mom
07-27-2008, 10:15 PM
:thinking: :thinking: I guess we could be like some other boards and have 3-4 posts per day during the summer.

:hand: Nah, I think not!

injuredinmelee
07-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Since there is only one thread about 3 A high school foot currently on this board I thought I would try to bring it back to reality.

Yes I am disappointed that CS was taken out of the Waco area district. The old 17 3 A was the toughest in the state in my opinion. I will miss the weekly wars that were certain to take place every Friday.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn

JR2004
07-28-2008, 12:59 AM

The season hasn't started and you know if y'all don't like it go post on Centex. There you can read about high school kids talking about starting fights (Yep I actually saw a post on their 1a/2a board where kids were talking about where they were going to fight) and more wonderful stuff like that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
07-28-2008, 09:34 AM
take it easy on the rooks! :eek: :D

at least unlike others before him he actually started a football thread instead of just b&m about there not being enough. ;)

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 09:51 AM
What the heck, beat up on someone for daring to attempt to start a football thread on the 3A DL? Back off folks!

:(

injuredinmelee
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
What the heck, beat up on someone for daring to attempt to start a football thread on the 3A DL? Back off folks!

:(

Beating up on someone for coming in here wet behind the ears whining about something they dont like about our board. If you dont like the family atmosphere where w discuss many of lifes topics amongst ourselves do what 2004 said.

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
quite the opposite. Beating up on someone for coming in here wet behind the ears whining about something they dont like about our board.

There was not one single whine in that post. He made an observation, then a football post.

lynx_rufus
07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I am very proud of this board and its participation in football discussion. And ... then blending it with other goofy stuff.

The Mock 2008 Regular Season thread had outstanding participation. Nearly 170 posts (most on topic) with nearly 6000 views.

I hope the Mock 2008 Playoffs has as much participation and enthusiasm. And ... I think it will.

How cool will it be in November and December, to see how well all of us highschool football geniuses did on predicting the upcoming season and playoffs? :nerd:

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
There was not one single whine in that post. He made an observation, then a football post.

I quoted the second poster on the thread....who didn't mention ANYTHING about HS football!

I believe that is where most of the responses came from...not from the initial post!

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I quoted the second poster on the thread....who didn't mention ANYTHING about HS football!

I believe that is where most of the responses came from...not from the initial post!

I'm not singling you out and I quoted another post. Is it any wonder more people don't become members if, when they make a thread, they are greeted with contempt for not having made posts before?

Is there a requirement to make X number of posts before one becomes part of "our board?"

popcorn screen
07-28-2008, 11:42 AM
As a newbie to the board, I look forward to football season. I enjoy reading posts here and there during the summer break, but as we all are, lets KICKOFF and start the season already. I am ready to hear some football chatter! :thumbsup:

piratebg
07-28-2008, 12:30 PM

You got a problem with movies and hamburgers???

pirate4state
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm not singling you out and I quoted another post. Is it any wonder more people don't become members if, when they make a thread, they are greeted with contempt for not having made posts before?

Is there a requirement to make X number of posts before one becomes part of "our board?"

Who is wondering why more people aren't becoming members?

Just think of this as a right of passage for newbies. If they come in asking too many questions or making suggestions or observations that have been made 100x before then they will be met with some attitude from the veterans of this board.

I think we can agree that for the most part newbies are welcomed and encouraged to post.

As for your last question, it's not so much number of posts, but how long you've been here, IMO.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Movie: Most recently Dark Knight; all time Anchorman or Shawshank Redemption.

Hamburger: DH Special with fried egg from Dirty's, and a side of Onion Rings.

You?

BILLYFRED0000
07-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Who is wondering why more people aren't becoming members?

Just think of this as a right of passage for newbies. If they come in asking too many questions or making suggestions or observations that have been made 100x before then they will be met with some attitude from the veterans of this board.

I think we can agree that for the most part newbies are welcomed and encouraged to post.

As for your last question, it's not so much number of posts, but how long you've been here, IMO.

Hey rita, I am all for newbies reading for 2 weeks before being allowed to post.. By then they might just Get IT you know what I mean. When I get to 3000 I might have learned something

rangerjoe33
07-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Anchorman sucked.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Anchorman sucked.

You suck.

pirate4state
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Hey rita, I am all for newbies reading for 2 weeks before being allowed to post.. By then they might just Get IT you know what I mean. When I get to 3000 I might have learned something When you get to 3000?? You mean you haven't learned something yet? :eek: :D ;)

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey rita, I am all for newbies reading for 2 weeks before being allowed to post.. By then they might just Get IT you know what I mean. When I get to 3000 I might have learned something

If I had had to wait for 2 weeks before I got to make my first post.....I doubt I would have hung around long enough to get to post!

44INAROW
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Movie: Most recently Dark Knight; all time Anchorman or Shawshank Redemption.

Hamburger: DH Special with fried egg from Dirty's, and a side of Onion Rings.

You?

I've seen several cooking shows lately that had a fried egg on a hamburger. I think I might try that.. sounds good to me.. Do you get the yoke fried hard? or runny?

injuredinmelee
07-28-2008, 02:55 PM

no but have you ever had a new co-worker come in fromt he same field and constantly say "this is how we did it at my old place" or "I wish we did it this way here"? I personally find it annoying.

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
no but have you ever had a new co-worker come in fromt he same field and constantly say "this is how we did it at my old place" or "I wish we did it this way here"? I personally find it annoying.

Guess that is why you would jump on him. But did this poster do that?

...................................:devil: .........................................

injuredinmelee
07-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Guess that is why you would jump on him. But did this poster do that?

...................................:devil: .........................................

I was more jumping on the bring back to reality comment. My opinion on it is and has always been, If you dont like it jsut go. We dont care why you didnt.

Old Tiger
07-28-2008, 03:06 PM
this is a 3a message board and we should keep it that way

-Phil C

piratebg
07-28-2008, 03:08 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSIONASIDERATION

:mad:

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
SHOW SOME COMPASSIONASIDERATION

:mad:

May I quote you on that?

:eek:

BreckTxLonghorn
07-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I've seen several cooking shows lately that had a fried egg on a hamburger. I think I might try that.. sounds good to me.. Do you get the yoke fried hard? or runny?

Fried hard. Its amazing.

The DH is meat cheese onion on buttered greasy toast. Adding the fried onion is the only way to do it.

Also, its the universal hangover cure. Fixes EVERYTHING.

espn1
07-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Fried hard. Its amazing.

The DH is meat cheese onion on buttered greasy toast. Adding the fried onion is the only way to do it.

Also, its the universal hangover cure. Fixes EVERYTHING. It's amazing but I think over easy is better. If you ever get to Red Robin, try the Royal Red Robin. It has an egg on it and it's good.

pirate4state
07-28-2008, 03:21 PM
In true DL fashion this thread has been :hijacktd: :1offtopc: :D

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
In true DL fashion this thread has been :hijacktd: :1offtopc: :D

Is this an official ruling or merely an opinion?

I think if it is an official ruling then it must stay hijacked. If it is merely an opinion, it can drift in any direction!:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
If I had had to wait for 2 weeks before I got to make my first post.....I doubt I would have hung around long enough to get to post!

That true. Maybe we should have a baby poster area and an adult poster area.

fun fun fun til your daddy takes the t-bird away.

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 03:52 PM
That true. Maybe we should have a baby poster area and an adult poster area.

fun fun fun til your daddy takes the t-bird away.

I can envision the "adult" postings already. YooHoo!

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I can envision the "adult" postings already. YooHoo!

I think we call that the "chat room!";)

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
I think we call that the "chat room!";)

You could probably charge for that. I don't mean you specifically!

:inlove:

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 03:56 PM
You could probably charge for that. I don't mean you specifically!

:inlove:

I'm retired...didn't you read that thread!:p

pirate4state
07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Is this an official ruling or merely an opinion?

I think if it is an official ruling then it must stay hijacked. If it is merely an opinion, it can drift in any direction!:thinking:

In the grand scheme of things....does it really matter? :crazy1:

BILLYFRED0000
07-28-2008, 04:50 PM
In the grand scheme of things....does it really matter? :crazy1:

What Grand Scheme.....?????:catredx: :catredx:

LH Panther Mom
07-28-2008, 05:17 PM
No, but if 20% of the posts (I don't care HOW many posts someone has) are GRIPING about the threads on here, they can expect to hear about it from some of us.

Besides, I have no football to talk about because in the words of CS Dad "Liberty Hill is done". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doh:

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 06:08 PM
What Grand Scheme.....?????:catredx: :catredx:

You telling us this whole thing is just a scheme?:rolleyes:

CS DAD
07-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No, but if 20% of the posts (I don't care HOW many posts someone has) are GRIPING about the threads on here, they can expect to hear about it from some of us.

Besides, I have no football to talk about because in the words of CS Dad "Liberty Hill is done". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doh:

i didnt write that on here?

ronwx5x
07-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Who reviews all the posts and counts them to determine when someone achieves 20%"

..............................:taunt:

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Who reviews all the posts and counts them to determine when someone achieves 20%"

..............................:taunt:

WOS87??

:D

Rabid Cougar
07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
I call "HIJACKED".

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I call "HIJACKED".

We are good about that in the off-season!:)

popcorn screen
07-28-2008, 10:01 PM
"There can only be one" For those of you with 10,000 plus posts, get back to work, you are costing your employer money...:hand: I guess I have to go to the kiddie post room. Shame on me. Some of you either have a good sense of humor.....or you think you are greater than thou because you post 30-50 times per day. Those numbers dont mean you have knowledge of football. I still like the forum, and look forward to actually hearing some football talk. I sense that the force is strong in some of you:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
"There can only be one" For those of you with 10,000 plus posts, get back to work, you are costing your employer money...:hand: I guess I have to go to the kiddie post room. Shame on me. Some of you either have a good sense of humor.....or you think you are greater than thou because you post 30-50 times per day. Those numbers dont mean you have knowledge of football. I still like the forum, and look forward to actually hearing some football talk. I sense that the force is strong in some of you:rolleyes:

I've never claimed to have much football knowledge!!

K-MAC Chuck
07-29-2008, 05:59 AM
I've never claimed to have much football knowledge!!

Yah, just go back and listen to the replays of the K-MAC Sports/3ADL show ... :thinking:

just kidding, RM - but it was 'there for the taking' :D :p

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by popcorn screen

We just wanna have fun.......... To quote cyndi lauper