PDA

View Full Version : LH players and coaches

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Guys, what an awesome job you did last night. Sorry I couldn't be there to watch & share in your victory - youngest has strep. Keep up the great work. I know my oldest misses being out there with you.

As we get closer to week 10, which will probably be the Central Texas game of the week again, ignore the trash talk. As Coach Vance has taught you, and you have learned for yourselves, you can do what you set your minds to. Just keep your heads, but more importantly, your hearts, in the game. Remember - THIS YEAR, IT'S PERSONAL! HOAC

LHMom
10-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Let me second that.

LH Panther Mom - last years' seniors set such a great example and the team continues to work hard and play as a team again this year. Very few believed our boys could do it again, but I think we just might. There's a reason they were inducted in to the Texas High School Football Hall of Fame.

GO PANTHERS!
It really IS personal, this year!

olddawggreen
10-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Who was inducted into the Texas High School Hall of Fame and why?

LHMom
10-12-2003, 09:00 PM
olddawggreen:
Who was inducted into the Texas High School Hall of Fame and why?The 2002 Liberty Hill Panthers were inducted into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame for recieving the Gordon Wood Award. (For those that don't know, Gordon Wood was the winningest coach in TX high school football until his record was broken in 2002.) Each year one team (all classifications) out of the state of TX is selected. The award goes to the team that displayed good sportsmanship, ability to overcome obstacles, had the support of its community, and achieved success on the field.

In April, the coaches of the 10 state championship teams, and the recipient of the Gordon Wood Award were inducted. We were invited to attend a banquet in Waco, and it was quite an honor for our guys and Coach Vance.

Chris Hart
10-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Congrats on the accomplishment! Liberty Hill has another fine looking team this season. Good luck to the Panthers, except in week 10 of course.

olddawggreen
10-13-2003, 08:46 AM
Cool! I have an uncle that was inducted into the Texas High School Hall of Fame so I know what an honor that is. Way to go guys, you will carry that with you the rest of your lives.

Bandera YaYa
10-14-2003, 11:23 AM
Congrats on your award...who votes to give that award each year?

I'm just forgetful here....how far in the playoffs did you go last year?

Good luck against Ingram, hope you win.

LHMom
10-14-2003, 09:04 PM
Bandera YaYa:

Good luck against Ingram, hope you win.I believe the TX Football Hall of Fame board and Gordon Wood himself select the winner. Gordon Wood personally presented the trophy to the team at the banquet in Waco. He also personally autographed copies of his book. I asked him if he did it on stats or anything, and he said he personally followed the team.

We should have gone further. The loss to Yoakum in Area was a heart-breaker.

Thanks! I wish it was Friday!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2003, 09:47 PM
LHMom:

Bandera YaYa:

Good luck against Ingram, hope you win.I believe the TX Football Hall of Fame board and Gordon Wood himself select the winner. Gordon Wood personally presented the trophy to the team at the banquet in Waco. He also personally autographed copies of his book. I asked him if he did it on stats or anything, and he said he personally followed the team.

We should have gone further. The loss to Yoakum in Area was a heart-breaker.

Thanks! I wish it was Friday!!!Dave Campbell also helps pick the winner, the vote, I believe, is based on Coach Wood's recommendation. BTW, it's kind of irrelevant, but the president of my company played on one of Coach Wood's state championship teams from Brownwood. His picture, and a short story, is in the book.