PDA

View Full Version : Vista?

Cameron Crazy
07-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I had a little run in with miss Vista last week. My computer was running fine and then one day It decides to just crap out on me. Not crash, just run really slow.

So, I take it to my work and get a friend to run some diagnostics on it. It turns out that Vista has a memory leak and it had my hard drive full for some odd reason, and numerous programs were running in the background. To make a long story short, I wiped everything out and now she is running just fine.

DU_stud04
07-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I had a little run in with miss Vista last week. My computer was running fine and then one day It decides to just crap out on me. Not crash, just run really slow.

So, I take it to my work and get a friend to run some diagnostics on it. It turns out that Vista has a memory leak and it had my hard drive full for some odd reason, and numerous programs were running in the background. To make a long story short, I wiped everything out and now she is running just fine. vista..... i thought when you close out a program it keeps it running in the background, so that if you wanted to reopen that program it just pops open and you dont have to wait for it to load.

Cameron Crazy
07-27-2008, 11:56 AM
No, these were programs I have never used in my life. Ever.

jason
07-27-2008, 04:35 PM
i use it at work - it seems fine, it has a lot of administrative add-ins that i can use....

ya gotta have the hardware/horsepower to run it though, a dinky 1ghz processor and 512mb of ram isnt gonna do it....

fyi i have a 2.86ghz dual core with 4gb of ram....

piratebg
07-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Still using it. Still no complaints.

JR2004
07-28-2008, 01:02 AM
I use Vista, but for some reason Yahoo Messenger doesn't seem to want to work with it. I've installed it three times now and my computer goes nuts when it's there. Everytime after I've uninstalled it the computer works fine.

garciap77
07-28-2008, 07:41 AM
No problem here! Best OS I've used! Have not have a crash since day one!

popcorn screen
07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Never had any problems with Vista. I actually like it.