PDA

View Full Version : Which game will you attend this weekend?

zztop
12-05-2001, 10:21 AM
I'll be at the Alamodome watching La Grange take on Wimberley. I dont know alot about Wimberley, but I have seen La Grange play and their defense has become their game plan. It's fair to say that their defense has become one of the top in the state when they've only given up 6 points in the last 5 games.
I believe the key for La Grange to win this ball game is to protect the ball, create turnovers, and control the clock. If LG can do this sucessfully as they have of late, dont be surprised if this game gets out of hand. Go Leps!!!

eye of the tiger
12-05-2001, 10:56 AM
Ill be in Tyler Friday to watch Commerce v Gladewater and Saturday night in Denton to watch Everman v Perryton. Maybe Saturday afternoon at Texas stadium watch 4A Ennis v Highland Park. If time permits Ill watch half of the 5A Mesquite v Fossil Ridge game also at Texas stadium. Have to take advantage this time of the year with all the good games being played. Good luck to all teams and safe travel for all.

ralig
12-05-2001, 11:12 AM
I'll be in Tyler to watch my bears try to stop the running attack of Commerce, and to see Johnny pull off some more of his magic.

Go Bears!

maestro
12-05-2001, 11:26 AM
I'll be in Tyler watching the Tigers stop the "Johnny Magic" I hope.

MCAT
12-05-2001, 12:35 PM
Kyle field, sinton/BC

the claw
12-05-2001, 01:34 PM
Hey Mcat, when do they play at Kyle?

eagleman18
12-05-2001, 01:52 PM
Newton vs. Giddings
this friday 8:00p.m.
bowers stadium "huntsville"
This is going to be where its' at! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

footballfan
12-05-2001, 02:41 PM
I'll watch BC play Sinton @ Kyle Field - 1pm Sat.

3ABirdMan
12-05-2001, 03:51 PM
I'm going home - Kyle Field - Aggieland - to watch BC vs Sinton! This game has got me buffaloed. 2 good teams, either of which COULD soundly defeat the other. I think mistakes (penalties, turnovers) or the lack of, will decide this one.

I am from Bridge City, but - May both teams excel, with no injury, and when it's over, may both teams hold their heads high - It's been a good year! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

marion_man
12-06-2001, 11:47 AM
I'm going to watch Wimberley stun the world in thier upset of LaGrange. Though it looks improbable, I think thier defense is playing well enough to limit LaGrange's offense. I think they'll get some big plays from thier do it all players Mikey Meeks and Brent Slaughter

toby070
12-06-2001, 12:31 PM
The Dome, Wimberley v LaGrange. ZZ, I'm not going to run my mouth a lot, but I'll be VERY surprised if this game gets out of hand.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

Trainer_Chick
12-06-2001, 01:05 PM
You've got to see Sinton/Bridge City or Wimberley/LaGrange - the future State Champs are coming out of these 2 games.
ZZTop, I know I'm just a girl and some people thing we don't know our football, but aren't the key to ANY team winning protecting the ball, creating turnovers and controlling the clock? And how can you really say that at Round 4 the game could get out of control? Just curious!

Husker98
12-06-2001, 01:13 PM
Newton/Giddings-Friday in Huntsville

Matthew328
12-06-2001, 02:02 PM
In Denton watching Perryton-Everman

zztop
12-06-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by toby070:
The Dome, Wimberley v LaGrange. ZZ, I'm not going to run my mouth a lot, but I'll be VERY surprised if this game gets out of hand.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

By all means its going to be a tough game and i think it will be decided late in the game.
I was mostly referring to how LG has been winning their past games. It seems like every facet of the game has been working on all cylinders.
Here's to a great game. zz

zztop
12-06-2001, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Trainer_Chick:
You've got to see Sinton/Bridge City or Wimberley/LaGrange - the future State Champs are coming out of these 2 games.
ZZTop, I know I'm just a girl and some people thing we don't know our football, but aren't the key to ANY team winning protecting the ball, creating turnovers and controlling the clock? And how can you really say that at Round 4 the game could get out of control? Just curious!

I dont doubt for a sec that you know your football. Come on, youre on these boards, so obviously youre more than a fan.
You're right,these factors are a part for any team. You live and die by them. Hope the LG/Wimberley game doesnt come down to this. Here's for a great game. zz

bleedgreen
12-06-2001, 06:29 PM
Kennedale/Bridgeport game will be the highest combined scoring contest in the state this weekend. This could bring on cramps in my neck watching the teams move up and down the field. Maybe I should find a tennis game.

3aFootball4Life
12-06-2001, 06:36 PM
the newton And Giddings Game is where i will be at and will likely be the best game in 3a the week.