PDA

View Full Version : Good places to eat..Ballinger or Sweetwater

shamu85
07-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Family and I are taking a trip to Palo Duro Canyon and will probably be eating about the time we are passing through one of these places. Looking for something for the whole family.

Thanks.

pirate4state
07-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Probably more of a variety in Sweetwater. I've never noticed many eateries in Ballinger.

Isn't that Joe Allen's place in Sweetwater?

DU_stud04
07-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Probably more of a variety in Sweetwater. I've never noticed many eateries in Ballinger.

Isn't that Joe Allen's place in Sweetwater? joe allens is in abilene(and overrated) :D

allens chicken is in sweetwater though. nice little thankgiving dinner feeling to it, definatly get alot of food..... dont really care for any food in town, come over and ill bbq for you, best food you can find in town anyways.

ballinger, i usually stop for a drink at iga(grocery store)(i think its iga) and usually get a refried bean burrito....... they're good.......maybe a corndog if im hungry haha

wildstangs
07-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Bucks Steakhouse in Sweetwater. Great BBQ, Steaks, and Burgers.

DU_stud04
07-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Bucks Steakhouse in Sweetwater. Great BBQ, Steaks, and Burgers. big boys around the corner and a block down is starting to outshine bucks...really isnt what it used to be.

but if you do want to see some sweetwater pride, they do have the ritchey room, with alot of pictures and paints of the mustangs.

Bubba-Joe
07-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Bucks Steakhouse in Sweetwater. Great BBQ, Steaks, and Burgers.

get a good hold on your billfold, Bucks has some HIGH prices. and the Bar B Que is not that good lately

If Bar B Que is your desire-- go to Big Boys real close to Bucks not as high, but aint cheap the food is much better. Get the stuffed Baked Potato,,,,,,it will do for a while....
Big Boys has made the Texas Monthly Mag top BBQ locations at least twice.....not that I care much for Texas Monthly but does it matter how liberal a magizine is when judging BBQ?????

ps get the key lime pie at Big Boys you won't be dissapointed..

located south of I-20 on Hwy 70 look for Texas Flag across from the car wash.... you will see the windfarm "Blattner" pickups there he is closed on Mondays so plan for that...

garciap77
07-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Allens chicken in sweetwater! Best fried chicken in west texas!

wildstangs
07-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Forgot all about Big Boys. Another great choice in Sweetwater.

injuredinmelee
07-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Have eaten at Skeets 3 times in the last week in Sweetwater. I prefer the one on I-20 over the one in town. Good service, low prices and good food.

shamu85
07-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Any good Tex-Mex?

Thanks to all for the suggestions, by the way.

Matthew328
07-26-2008, 10:08 PM
I ate at a good mexican spot over near the hospital in sweetwater...it looked like a lil house by some softball fields...it was yummy

Bubba-Joe
07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I ate at a good mexican spot over near the hospital in sweetwater...it looked like a lil house by some softball fields...it was yummy

LA COCINA

es muy bueno comida

ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

DU_stud04
07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I ate at a good mexican spot over near the hospital in sweetwater...it looked like a lil house by some softball fields...it was yummy la cocina mexicana.... its on west alabama street..... looks like a little shack. about a block past the softball field(fraily park).... should be on your left hand side if you're coming from lamar street.

(atleast thats the only thing that fits your description)

Trashman
07-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Allens chicken in sweetwater! Best fried chicken in west texas!

Is this the same as Allens Family Style Meals? If so it is great! Stoped there on my way to Lubbock, got to sit with some folks from NM and had a great time. You won't be disappointed, the food is the best I have ever had on the road.:thumbsup:

Tres Lobos
07-27-2008, 01:36 AM
ballinger has alejandras, i think thats how you spell it, but its a good tex-mex spot to stop and go in a eat