PDA

View Full Version : CiCi's Pizza...never again

crzyjournalist03
07-25-2008, 02:41 PM
For lunch today, I decided I wanted pizza...I was thinking about going to a local place that offers a personal pizza with three toppings, a salad and a drink for $6.95...then at the last minute I decided to go to CiCi's, figuring it would be cheaper.

Apparently, it wasn't. $7.85 for a buffet and a drink. I remember when I was a kid, my parents would take our family of five there and eat for $15 total.

On top of that, the pizza quality has diminished dramatically over the years...they barely put any sauce at all on the pizza anymore. In fact, after a few slices, I thought that it was very unappetizing and decided to eat a salad.

To make matters worse, as I arrived back at work, I noticed I was feeling funny, so I took some antacids.

I just threw up my lunch...Never again will I eat at CiCi's...overpriced, bad food, and now I'm sick as a result!

injuredinmelee
07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I quit eating that crap about 5 years ago. Have never ever ever had a good piece of pizza from there. Is it just me that it pisses off how friendly they are with all the hello welcome to Ci Ci's, and the goodbyes.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I got the worst food poisoning of my life from CiCi's. I was throwing up so hard that I busted the blood vessels in my eyelids and it looked like I had black eyes. :(

Necks_Fan
07-25-2008, 02:45 PM
That sucks, but look on the bright side, we got baseball agmes to look forward to.

:)

Ranger Mom
07-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Our Ci Ci's here closed down......maybe I know why now!!:eek:

BwdLions
07-25-2008, 03:16 PM
I thought back in the late 80s and early 90s CiCi's was really good. I used to eat at the one in Stephenville when it first opened. However, in the past several years they have steadily gotten worse. They hardly put any toppings on their pizza and the price kept going up. We haven't been in a long time and don't plan on ever going back.

CheerMom
07-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I got the worst food poisoning of my life from CiCi's. I was throwing up so hard that I busted the blood vessels in my eyelids and it looked like I had black eyes. :(

From the one in College Station? We've eaten there a couple of times, and my daughter more than that. I better tell her to steer clear.

Gontex
07-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
[B]For lunch today, I decided I wanted pizza...I was thinking about going to a local place that offers a personal pizza with three toppings, a salad and a drink for $6.95...then at the last minute I decided to go to CiCi's, figuring it would be cheaper.

That's why you can't go wrong if you go to Whataburger. I

Emerson1
07-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Only thing good at cicis is the Cinnamon rolls!

Mcguirk
07-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I hadn't been to CICi's in a year or more, but was on my own this weekend and decided to go again. I did a double take when the register girl said it was $7+ bucks. We used to feed a family of five for $25. I do some volunteer work at the HS and one of the kids I know worked there for a few months. Never went into specifics, but said it was the worst job ever. And I don't know if they're all like this, but behind the locked door (by the drink machine) in the one in Abilene, there is a video room with 6-8 screens, and equiptment recording people eating. Understandable, but sill a llittle weird.
The best pizza in Abilene is Joe's on Buffalo Gap road. Huge slices and lots of toppings. Very reasonable.

DDBooger
07-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Only thing good at cicis is the Cinnamon rolls! bingo! they're pretty awesome!

espn1
07-25-2008, 05:01 PM
My Boys love that place. I hate it.

Emerson1
07-25-2008, 05:06 PM
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/939/l33faf73546dbc2bb9e9616mg3.jpg

DDBooger
07-25-2008, 05:07 PM
they have to be hot

crzyjournalist03
07-25-2008, 06:03 PM
well, after posting this, I threw up some more and had to leave work altogether...I've never puked so violently in my life...my throat hurts and is swollen, and I've got a killer headache. All because I tried to save a buck and ended up paying more...

Lion_Addict
07-25-2008, 06:44 PM
well, after posting this, I threw up some more and had to leave work altogether...I've never puked so violently in my life...my throat hurts and is swollen, and I've got a killer headache. All because I tried to save a buck and ended up paying more...

Just drink a beer....make it all better :D . Naahhh, seriously dude....I feel for ya if you have some kinda food poisoning :( . Been there, done that. It's horrible. Hope ya get to feeling better.

Emerson1
07-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Crap, I just realized I had a slice of cicis at a friends house today. :eek: :eek: :eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
From the one in College Station? We've eaten there a couple of times, and my daughter more than that. I better tell her to steer clear.

Yeah, I was pretty miserable. I missed a football team meeting and everything. Coach was pissed until I told him what happened. I stayed up for about 10 hours straight throwing up every 15-30 minutes and decided that if I threw up again I was going to the hospital and I laid down and passed out and woke up like 8 hours later confused and weak. It is high on the list of my worst experiences in college.

OldNavy
07-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I was pretty miserable. I missed a football team meeting and everything. Coach was pissed until I told him what happened. I stayed up for about 10 hours straight throwing up every 15-30 minutes and decided that if I threw up again I was going to the hospital and I laid down and passed out and woke up like 8 hours later confused and weak. It is high on the list of my worst experiences in college.

When I had an experience like that in college, it didn't make me stop drinking beer!:cool:

Heffelfinger
07-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Speaking of pizza in Abilene, Joe's on Buffalo Gap is good, but give Double Dave's next to Lowe's a try. Ate there the other night. A real pizza restaurant - Shiner on tap, lunch buffet, salad bar, great pizza, friendly staff, four or five flat-screens covering all sports channels.

coach
07-26-2008, 10:48 AM
i can remember when it was 2.99 for buffet

Diocletian
07-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I always go there thinking the same thing.. what a great deal to feed the family.

But the $$ of toliet paper and tums these days has got to come into play here.

Cameron Crazy
07-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I am sorry you are sick, that really sucks. I ate CiCi's in San Antonio about 4 days ago and didn't get sick.

eagles_victory
07-26-2008, 06:46 PM
IMO people are way too quick too blame what they ate when they get sick how do you know for sure thats what it was? It could of just been an infection in your body and you would of thrown up anything that you ate.

RiverRat19
07-26-2008, 07:48 PM
I have never had a problem at any CiCi's but... a good friend of mine did and now he calls it... FeCe's Pizza...

Mcguirk
07-26-2008, 08:01 PM
I completely forgot about Double Daves. It is probably one of the better pizza buffets around. I'm just trying real hard to stay away from too many buffets of any kind. Except Panchos, which unfortunately isn't in Abilene anymore. I know it's not great, but I love it.
One of these days I'm going to try one of the Brazilian steakhouses in Ft Worth. I've heard they're killer.

wildstangs
07-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
I completely forgot about Double Daves. It is probably one of the better pizza buffets around. I'm just trying real hard to stay away from too many buffets of any kind. Except Panchos, which unfortunately isn't in Abilene anymore. I know it's not great, but I love it.
One of these days I'm going to try one of the Brazilian steakhouses in Ft Worth. I've heard they're killer.

My wife and I went to Texas de Brazil in Ft. Worth last night. Very good food - all you can eat filet mignon, bbq ribs, lamb, etc. Be sure you go VERY hung AND with some extra cash. Our ticket for the two of us was about $110 not including tip.

LH Panther Mom
07-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Be sure you go VERY hung
Your wife too? :eek: :eek: :p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Be sure you go VERY hung

That's what she said!

DDBooger
07-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
IMO people are way too quick too blame what they ate when they get sick how do you know for sure thats what it was? It could of just been an infection in your body and you would of thrown up anything that you ate. I agree a lot of times its the volume of unwashed hands handling the pouring or grasping utensils and/or them setting it back down in or on top of the food. YUCK!

wildstangs
07-26-2008, 10:35 PM
That's what she said!

LOL...I am not even going to bother to edit that typo. In case you couldn't figure out what I was talking about I meant to say HUNGRY. Don't know how I made that big of a typo.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2008, 10:47 PM
LOL...I am not even going to bother to edit that typo. In case you couldn't figure out what I was talking about I meant to say HUNGRY. Don't know how I made that big of a typo.

Yeah, I knew it was an honest mistake, but it was still funny.

wildstangs
07-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I knew it was an honest mistake, but it was still funny.

On a side note, my wife is sick of me saying "thats what she said" every time I have the oppurtunity.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2008, 10:55 PM
On a side note, my wife is sick of me saying "thats what she said" every time I have the oppurtunity.

Haha, tell her to get over it.

etbu
07-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Went to the here in Atascocita about two months ago and left my debit card with the cashier. Two hours later was at home got a email that they raided my account for seven hundred dollars. Called the manager and ask him and told me never do they hire those type of people. Yea right

Lion_Addict
07-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Your wife too? :eek: :eek: :p

Ummmm.....notice who started the questioning of the "HUNG" comment???? Hmmmmm :thinking: . Dirty lil girl :p :D :kiss:

Buckeye1980
07-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I go to CiCi's in Longview quite a bit(my kids love it). Cost for an adult is 4.99 plus 1.50 for drink plus tax. Kids are cheaper . I have never had a problem. All this talk about it use to be cheaper is crap, cause EVERYTHING USE TO BE CHEAPER! (GAS!!!!). If you had food poisioning ,everyone would have . You people need to geta grip

Rabid Cougar
07-27-2008, 10:33 AM
"Bad Choice" - Ron Burgandy

Mcguirk
07-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I go to CiCi's in Longview quite a bit(my kids love it). Cost for an adult is 4.99 plus 1.50 for drink plus tax. Kids are cheaper . I have never had a problem. All this talk about it use to be cheaper is crap, cause EVERYTHING USE TO BE CHEAPER! (GAS!!!!). If you had food poisioning ,everyone would have . You people need to geta grip

I think the issue is value. When we started it was 3.99 a person and a drink was .75 cents. It was about $5.35 total. It was a good value. But when you hit the $7.50+ level you have more options. Now our talking Golden Corral teritory :D

popcorn screen
07-27-2008, 02:27 PM
In 1992, Cicis used to run this comercial: "Cicis Pizza...$2.99" Thsi was in the Sugar Land, Alief area. We used to take our track teams etc...becuase kids could load up on the buffet. It used to be decent pizza. I haven't eaten there in over 15 years. I guess times are changing. I still prefer the dominoes and pizza hut pizza. If you live close to a double daves, that is good pizza. Last week took the kids to subway and I ordered the pizza. Not bad, but not great. I am getting hungry talking about food!:p

crzyjournalist03
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
IMO people are way too quick too blame what they ate when they get sick how do you know for sure thats what it was? It could of just been an infection in your body and you would of thrown up anything that you ate.

If you've studied food-borne illness (and I actually took a class on it in college), reactions generally happen as soon as 30 minutes after consumption. I was throwing up about 40 minutes after I ate, and had felt fine all day. It was exactly the second time in the last 11 years that I've thrown up, so it's not like I was sick and blaming it on something. When it comes to food-borne illnesses, there's almost always a noticeable cause and effect like the one I had.

piratebg
07-28-2008, 01:06 PM
I take my family there sometimes because it is one of those very few places where I can spend under $20 to feed 5 people. Given the choice, though, I'd take Gattitown over CiCi's any day.

crzyjournalist03
07-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I take my family there sometimes because it is one of those very few places where I can spend under $20 to feed 5 people. Given the choice, though, I'd take Gattitown over CiCi's any day.

I'm guessing your local CiCi's doesn't cost $7.85 with a drink then like the one I ate at did...

piratebg
07-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm guessing your local CiCi's doesn't cost $7.85 with a drink then like the one I ate at did...

Me, my wife, a 6yr old, a 3yr old, and a 2yr old. My two youngest eat free for now. :D

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I just left The Tractor Supply store and drove by an old Mr Gattis that never did take off and was closed...it is being remodeled and will be a CiCi's Pizza!!