PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been to Mary's Cafe?

ronwx5x
07-25-2008, 10:51 AM
According to this article people drive from all over to get the chicken fried steak at Mary's in Strawn, west of Weatherford. Who has been there and is it really that good? A one hour wait for a table at a local cafe, how weird is that?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/taste/stories/DN-nf_CFS_0723liv.ART.State.Edition1.2afb9a0.htm

:thumbsup:

pirate4state
07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I expect G2, Johnny Utah and others to chime in soon. :)

44INAROW
07-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I was going to say the same thing - I've never been there but I've seen several references to MARYS;)

ronwx5x
07-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

You haven't driven up from Sinton yet to check it out? When you do, stop and pick me up! I dearly love CFS, bad as it is for my cholesterol.:(

pirate4state
07-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
You haven't driven up from Sinton yet to check it out? When you do, stop and pick me up! I dearly love CFS, bad as it is for my cholesterol.:( Sadly, no. I don't know if the Woodlands is on the way to Strawn. I mean, I guess it could be, but probably not the fastest way to get there! :D

rockdale80
07-25-2008, 11:18 AM
According to this article people drive from all over to get the chicken fried steak at Mary's in Strawn, west of Weatherford. Who has been there and is it really that good? A one hour wait for a table at a local cafe, how weird is that?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/taste/stories/DN-nf_CFS_0723liv.ART.State.Edition1.2afb9a0.htm

:thumbsup:

I have been there several times. It is good. The ice cold schooners of shiner are a great way to wash it down.

ronwx5x
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I have been there several times. It is good. The ice cold schooners of shiner are a great way to wash it down.

Did you try the chicken fried steak? We have a place near Houston, in Tomball, called Mel's Country Cafe that sounds a lot like Mary's. Great chicken fried steak, but also lots of other great home cookin'.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Did you try the chicken fried steak? We have a place near Houston, in Tomball, called Mel's Country Cafe that sounds a lot like Mary's. Great chicken fried steak, but also lots of other great home cookin'.

And the huge frikkin' burger.

BwdLion_80
07-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I have been there quite a few times and it has always been very good! Does not look like much but the food more than makes up for that.

FrmSTx
07-25-2008, 11:57 AM
everytime i am there i hit it up

utah and i have a yearly meeting every dec 23

ronwx5x
07-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
everytime i am there i hit it up

utah and i have a yearly meeting every dec 23

Trying to miss the Christmas rush?:devil:

Johnny Utah
07-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Marys is LEGIT!!! CFS is the best in the WORLD. They also have other food that is awesome. Burgers, Mexican Food, All u can Eat Sirloin, YOU NAME IT!!! FrmSTX, YOUR BUYING!!!

mwynn05
07-25-2008, 05:27 PM
that place is so awesome me my cousin and a couple of guys he coaches with went there when we went out to abilene to scout trinity and permian this passed season...good thing we went after and not before or we wouldnt have odne a very good job...we were all STUFFED

Milk That Cow
07-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Is it better than the Country Inn in Somerville...

Phantom Stang
07-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
that place is so awesome me my cousin and a couple of guys he coaches with went there when we went out to abilene to scout trinity and permian this passed season...good thing we went after and not before or we wouldnt have odne a very good job...we were all STUFFED
We must have been there at the same time!!:eek:

I agree with everyone else about the beyond excellent CFS. They have the best gravy I've ever had in a restaurant.

bobcat1
07-25-2008, 08:19 PM
You will not leave hungry from Mary's. My God i thought I had foundered last time I was there. Dang good food. Always has been for the 20 years I have been going.

Johnny Utah
07-26-2008, 11:48 AM
If you can EAT the LARGE CFS with all the trimmings and a couple of ICE COLD FISH BOWLS OF BEER then you are truely a STUD!!!

Cameron Crazy
07-26-2008, 12:22 PM
All this talk or Chicken Fry makes me want to drive up there right now. Im tempted to.

Matthew328
07-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Its the best I've ever had, other food is really good I hear but I always stick w/the CFS!!

mwynn05
07-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
We must have been there at the same time!!:eek:

I agree with everyone else about the beyond excellent CFS. They have the best gravy I've ever had in a restaurant. probably so