PDA

View Full Version : I'm a BMX Racer Again (NF)

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Just a note to let all my friends know that after 23 years I have officially come out of retirement! I raced BMX last weekend here in Topeka, Kansas. I could still ride, although not like I used too! I didn't crash (I didn't really jump any jumps -- just rode over them, but I had a blast -- Took 3rd place in my first race back).

Just wondering how many of you used to race BMX????

I'll get some pics at the next race, I did attach one of me in 1983 at the Grand Nationals in Tulsa. I took 3rd place at the event. I'm the one in first in the picture in the red, white, and blue -- at the time I was co-sponsered by a bike company called Hutch, out of business now.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Looks like the picture is too small to see.

Emerson1
07-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Looks like the picture did not post.

A little small

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Maybe this will be bigger. -- nope too big for the downlow.

Emerson1
07-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Post it and it can be fixed

LHPfactory
07-24-2008, 10:44 PM
I raced around the same time,,,,,,,, It was around the time
Van Halens JUMP was out......yes it was "1984".....I had a blast racing on Mcdowells track in Brazoria county back in the day. I became so involved with playing football In highschool that I retired from BMX for the alure of the Friday Night Lights and yes the girls that came with it............Man im old........only have one girl (my wife) now but My love for Friday Night Lights has shifted from the field to the stands.......still love it.........come on zero week

ps lhpm when and where is meet the panthers ?

LH Panther Mom
07-25-2008, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory

ps lhpm when and where is meet the panthers ?
August 15, starts at 6 with food & stuff, program is at 7 (I think) at Panther Stadium (where else? :D ).