PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's Mychal Carrillo voted 1st team preseason All-America

Sweetwater Red
07-24-2008, 03:15 PM
How many times has Case Keenum been voted an All-American?:taunt:

http://www.d3football.com/tow/08/preallamericans.htm

Old Tiger
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
how many times have case keenum played d3 ball :p :stirpot:

injuredinmelee
07-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
how many times have case keenum played d3 ball :p :stirpot:

thank you Casey. I just saw this and glad someone else pointed it out to those blinded by red.

MC isnt even playing qb is he?

injuredinmelee
07-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Carrillo was a stud in HS and fun to watch. I still remember the paly he made against Wylie right before the half where he literally ran 250 yards and gained maybe 15. It was an amazing effort.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2008, 06:48 PM
He is a slot receiver and just kills everyone. He has speed, moves, tough and did I say fast. I watched him play a game in high school and then two years at HSU. He is awesome. Forgot to mention, he red-shirted at Southwestern Oklahoma and I saw him on teh sideline with a clipboard against MSU.

He is an awesome athlete.

Go Cowboys~

wildstangs
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Huge surprise to me. Not because I don't believe Mychael has great talent though - I thought he was out of eligibility. Hopefully he can help HSU get back into the playoffs his senior year.

GetRDoneStangs
07-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
thank you Casey. I just saw this and glad someone else pointed it out to those blinded by red.

MC isnt even playing qb is he?

I saw him play one time last year and it seemed like he was a slot back or something. He scored running and catching, I don't remember if he threw it :thinking:

He did however, make several players look stupid as he did in high school, when they tried to tackle him.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Huge surprise to me. Not because I don't believe Mychael has great talent though - I thought he was out of eligibility. Hopefully he can help HSU get back into the playoffs his senior year.

I thought so too. They had him as a senior last year in the program.

Freshman (Redshirted - SWOSU) - 2003
Out of football (Texas Tech) - 2004
HSU - 2005
HSU - 2006
HSU - 2007
HSU - This year

GetRDoneStangs
07-24-2008, 06:59 PM
From the HSU website....click on the movie and don't have you volume up too loud!

http://hsuathletics.com/landing/index

Snyder_TigerFan
07-24-2008, 11:25 PM
That's cool. Unfortunately, for the next level, he looks a little short. How about Kendall, how's he doing? Did he play baseball for UT this year? Quite an athletic family.

garciap77
07-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
How many times has Case Keenum been voted an All-American?:taunt:

http://www.d3football.com/tow/08/preallamericans.htm

How many times has Carrillo won a State Championship?:taunt: :stirpot: ;)

Sweetwater Red
07-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
How many times has Carrillo won a State Championship?:taunt: :stirpot: ;)

How many former Wylie Bulldogs have a national championship
ring compliments of Vince Young and the University of Texas?:D

mustang04
07-25-2008, 10:48 AM
i am friends with case keenum being that my best friends and roommates are from wylie...but in all honesty...m. carrillo is a better QB....if he was a little taller he couldve been an AMAZING D1 QB

garciap77
07-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i am friends with case keenum being that my best friends and roommates are from wylie...but in all honesty...m. carrillo is a better QB....if he was a little taller he couldve been an AMAZING D1 QB

If he was better then Case he would have gotten Sweetwater a State Championship!

garciap77
07-25-2008, 11:01 PM
How many former Wylie Bulldogs have a national championship
ring compliments of Vince Young and the University of Texas?:D

Ok you win, but at least we don't have Pink End Zones!:p :taunt: ;)

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-25-2008, 11:18 PM

Me and Reggie are just partial but I agree, that held him back at the next level. I saw him make some amazing plays in high school.

injuredinmelee
07-26-2008, 08:42 AM

I think that MC was def a better athlete as he could make plays all over the field no matter where you lined him up but he was a run first QB in a run first offense. Case IMO is the better Qb however.

mustang04
07-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I think that MC was def a better athlete as he could make plays all over the field no matter where you lined him up but he was a run first QB in a run first offense. Case IMO is the better Qb however.

well..if yall would have seen his passes in our playoff loss to Greenwood my junior year, you would have gotten to see the passing QB instead of the running one....and garcia...your logic is STUPID...just cuz a QB is on a state championship team doesnt make him a better QB than someone who's not....Adrian Peterson wasnt on a state championship team so does that make gary edwards better than him???

Sweetwater Red
07-26-2008, 01:46 PM
well..if yall would have seen his passes in our playoff loss to Greenwood my junior year, you would have gotten to see the passing QB instead of the running one....and garcia...your logic is STUPID...just cuz a QB is on a state championship team doesnt make him a better QB than someone who's not....Adrian Peterson wasnt on a state championship team so does that make gary edwards better than him???

Hey which Pittman brother got a NC ring at UT. Was it Brendan
or Britton(sp?)? I could never keep those two straight. They both
wore #8 and both played WR/S.:doh:

mustang04
07-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey which Pittman brother got a NC ring at UT. Was it Brendan
or Britton(sp?)? I could never keep those two straight. They both
wore #8 and both played WR/S.:doh:

it was brendan..hes the older

STANG RED
07-26-2008, 02:57 PM

MC could actually throw the ball 60+, and on a rope for 30, and on target. But just never got the chance to showcase those talents. I would loved to have seen him play in a balanced offensive scheme that would have allowed him to pass at least 15 times per game. If so, I dont think it would have possible to keep that offense from scoring a TD on almost every series. But for some idiotic reason the people calling the shots couldnt see it. And the same can be said for his little brother Kendall.
Had those boys had the chance to play for somebody like Hugh Sandifer, in his offensive scheme, the sky would have been the limit for both of them. Water under the bridge now I guess, but still, what a shame.:(

Even more impressive, both of those boys were just as good on the baseball diamond, and the basketball court.

injuredinmelee
07-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
MC could actually throw the ball 60+, and on a rope for 30, and on target. But just never got the chance to showcase those talents. I would loved to have seen him play in a balanced offensive scheme that would have allowed him to pass at least 15 times per game. If so, I dont think it would have possible to keep that offense from scoring a TD on almost every series. But for some idiotic reason the people calling the shots couldnt see it. And the same can be said for his little brother Kendall.
Had those boys had the chance to play for somebody like Hugh Sandifer, in his offensive scheme, the sky would have been the limit for both of them. Water under the bridge now I guess, but still, what a shame.:(

Even more impressive, both of those boys were just as good on the baseball diamond, and the basketball court.

I would have liked to have Skye or the other running back at the same time over here toting the rock with Case at QB.

mustang04
07-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I would have liked to have Skye or the other running back at the same time over here toting the rock with Case at QB. my bad...misinterpreted lol

Case is good tho...ive liked watching him whenever possible at houston...i wish him the best of luck!

garciap77
07-29-2008, 01:07 PM

You're right! But, Case did get us that State Title and Gary didn't! I like Carrillo and enjoyed watching him play. He just made things happen. He could trun a 30 yard loss to a 30 yard gain! I like his brother too!:)