PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell will continue its success

HawkEye
07-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Caldwell went two rounds deep with a senior laden team. The question in Hornet Land is whether they can reload the system (Slot T football) and continue to win (aka Liberty Hill). The Hornets put in the slot two years ago and have been piling up yards and points since then (over 5,000 yards in the last two years). Will they be able to replace 3/4 of backfield and change out offensive lines and still score? They will have a young, but very strong crop of o-linemen taking the field. Will they finally start playing defense again like they did in '04. If the answer is yes, then there will be celebration in the land of the Kolache.

R3Editor
07-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by HawkEye
Caldwell went two rounds deep with a senior laden team. The question in Hornet Land is whether they can reload the system (Slot T football) and continue to win (aka Liberty Hill). The Hornets put in the slot two years ago and have been piling up yards and points since then (over 5,000 yards in the last two years). Will they be able to replace 3/4 of backfield and change out offensive lines and still score? They will have a young, but very strong crop of o-linemen taking the field. Will they finally start playing defense again like they did in '04. If the answer is yes, then there will be celebration in the land of the Kolache.

:clap: :1popcorn:

themsu97
07-24-2008, 06:08 AM
Does Coach Langham still live in Caldwell...

I have not seen him in a LOOOOOOOOOOONGG time...

Miller Lite in one hand and a cigarette in another... but I have heard he stopped smoking

Silverback 04
07-24-2008, 10:31 AM
One thing I've learned about the slot-t, once the system is in place, replacing players becomes less of an issue if the kids are willing to work hard. Heck, for the last few years LH has had to replace their backs but it hasn't phased them a bit. This year we have to replace all 3 RB's but I'm hearing rumors that we may have our best offense ever maybe due to our line potential. I find that hard to believe but we shall see.

Dogman_1969
07-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
One thing I've learned about the slot-t, once the system is in place, replacing players becomes less of an issue if the kids are willing to work hard. Heck, for the last few years LH has had to replace their backs but it hasn't phased them a bit. This year we have to replace all 3 RB's but I'm hearing rumors that we may have our best offense ever maybe due to our line potential. I find that hard to believe but we shall see.

I agree that LH has potential to be better this season. I do wonder what they will do next season when they have to replace the lineman that they will graduate this year. I mean really, there is only one BEAST.......

Silverback 04
07-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I agree that LH has potential to be better this season. I do wonder what they will do next season when they have to replace the lineman that they will graduate this year. I mean really, there is only one BEAST.......

Yep, thats true, only one. I love watching that guy and his crew blocking downfield on plays that go away from them. Safeties beware!!

HawkEye
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04

With that logic in mind, then Caldwell has a chance to be even better offensively this season than last (they averaged 28+ points/game). The kids will have a better understanding on what makes the slot-t go: good fakes, hitting holes down hill, back side lineman causing havoc downfield, ect. They may possible have the most athletic line they've had yet. Replacing Canto and Sims will be tough. Hopefully some of the hot shot freshmen can step up and help on defense. I see Caldwell proving some people wrong and knockng off some of the supposed front runners in 24-3A.

ProudHornetMom
07-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
Does Coach Langham still live in Caldwell...

I have not seen him in a LOOOOOOOOOOONGG time...

Miller Lite in one hand and a cigarette in another... but I have heard he stopped smoking

No, he's been gone at least 4 years, maybe more.

themsu97
07-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Dang... i wish I knew where he was... I wonder if he went back to Angleton to be near his grandkids... or is just retired in Caldwell... he and his wife are good people

HawkEye
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
No, he's been gone at least 4 years, maybe more.

Proud Hornet Mom, is the Duck ready for the season?

ProudHornetMom
07-24-2008, 09:53 PM
The Duck is ready. :D Squat 515 , 4.9 - 40 and 4.62 shuttle at A&M camp in June...getting stronger every day. All the guys are working hard and improving their max.

How is the land of the blue and silver?

coach
07-24-2008, 10:28 PM
i know this has nothing to do with anything but i just got back from the river with about 20 ppl from caldwell and lets just say they are some intrresting ppl

HawkEye
07-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
The Duck is ready. :D Squat 515 , 4.9 - 40 and 4.62 shuttle at A&M camp in June...getting stronger every day. All the guys are working hard and improving their max.

How is the land of the blue and silver?

They gave me my sword and shield last week, and I'm working on my raiding and pilaging skills.

I will keep and eye on the Duck and his crew. They will shock some people this year. Re-load mode, not re-build.