PDA

View Full Version : Wharton Tigers

TIGER FAN
07-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Football season is just around the corner and will be here before we all now it. Has anyone heard or does anyone know what the future looks like this year for the Tigers with new AD/Head Coach Stacy Hunt and the new staff?

CheerMom
07-23-2008, 04:22 PM
We'll (Rice) be playing Wharton again for the first time in a few years. Should be a good one, considering the history with these two teams. It can't get here soon enough!!

piratebg
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Greetings TIGER FAN.

Welcome to the NUT HOUSE :crazy1: :crazy: :wave:

TIGER FAN
07-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Thank you piratebg. Let the season begin....Good luck to you all

tigerpride_08
07-23-2008, 08:57 PM
went with my bud to a "meet the coaches" meeting and we came in for just the last of it, but it sounds like it will be much more stricter than when i was in athletics...i dunno how most kids will react...

LH Panther Mom
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
went with my bud to a "meet the coaches" meeting and we came in for just the last of it, but it sounds like it will be much more stricter than when i was in athletics...i dunno how most kids will react... Strict isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;)

TIGER FAN
07-23-2008, 09:24 PM
went with my bud to a "meet the coaches" meeting and we came in for just the last of it, but it sounds like it will be much more stricter than when i was in athletics...i dunno how most kids will react...

I must agree with you LH Panther Mom! Respect and Discipline come first and if it takes being strict to get that then so be it!:clap: :2thumbsup

tigerpride_08
07-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Strict isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;)

oh i'm not saying it isn't haha it's just i know from expierence that sometimes our player's attitude's aren't to good...and i dunno how some will handle having a coach who believes in discipline as Coach Hunt does...

Necks_Fan
07-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN
Football season is just around the corner and will be here before we all now it. Has anyone heard or does anyone know what the future looks like this year for the Tigers with new AD/Head Coach Stacy Hunt and the new staff? Well, considering they were not good at all last year, only return 3/3 from that team, have a new coaching staff........

I would say they are poised to come in dead last in a dog fight with Stafford.

JMHO

TIGER FAN
07-24-2008, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Necks_Fan
[B]Well, considering they were not good at all last year, only return 3/3 from that team, have a new coaching staff........

I would say they are poised to come in dead last in a dog fight with Stafford.

You sound real sure of yourself Necks_Fan. Sometimes change is a really great thing. Maybe this is what the kids needed. Wharton Tigers just might be the suprise of the district. Who knows!!??? :thinking:

tigerpride_08
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
yea we weren't that good last year...but the whole coaching situation was messed up, and the coach didn't have the respect of us players...but i doubt they tigers will finish 5th in district...maybe the Veer offense will be what they need to put up points on the board like we couldn't last year...

maestro
07-24-2008, 05:36 PM
all changes in wharton MUST be for the best....i.e. see the above post ....it was darn near intramurals last year in most sports....

i say best wishes to the new coaching staff.....they all come from winning programs.....may give wharton new LIFE...

p.s. i was wondering who would start the wharton/rice thread.....

cheermom or raiderred 2000.....

NOW IT HAS BEGUN CHEERMOM....

Antec
07-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Raiders are loaded with running back Foster and Dumont at QB

They'll win 26-2A easy going undefeated

Wharton may go 2-8 or 3-7 but not better than 4-6

scrub c
07-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Wharton has athletes to be good...

The sleeper in the district is gonna be Royal...

CheerMom
07-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by maestro

Yes it has!!:D

tigerpride_08
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
i really wish i would be in town for the Wharton/Rice game...1st game of the season and it should show both teams how they will fare the rest of the year...tough opponent to start with for the Tigers, but they'll see what they are made of...

CheerMom
07-25-2008, 01:09 PM
i really wish i would be in town for the Wharton/Rice game...1st game of the season and it should show both teams how they will fare the rest of the year...tough opponent to start with for the Tigers, but they'll see what they are made of...

I would say equally tough for the Raiders. ;)

Necks_Fan
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Wharton has athletes to be good...

The sleeper in the district is gonna be Royal... I think Royal will make the playoffs.

I wouldn't necessarily call them a sleeper.

tigerpride_08
07-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
I would say equally tough for the Raiders. ;)

well it never hurts when you return a RB like Foster...:D last year we were mostly seniors starting on offense and defense...this year the underclassmen will play a big role...this year junior class is very talented, i can't wait for next year's season just to see how they do...

CheerMom
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
well it never hurts when you return a RB like Foster...:D last year we were mostly seniors starting on offense and defense...this year the underclassmen will play a big role...this year junior class is very talented, i can't wait for next year's season just to see how they do...

Yes, Foster is a great RB, but we will also be young on the line.

tigerpride_08
07-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Yes, Foster is a great RB, but we will also be young on the line.

well you'll notice Wharton isn't as big as we use to be...:) i'm not trying to knock my now former school, i'm just being realistic...

gato 76
07-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by maestro
all changes in wharton MUST be for the best....i.e. see the above post ....it was darn near intramurals last year in most sports....

i say best wishes to the new coaching staff.....they all come from winning programs.....may give wharton new LIFE...

p.s. i was wondering who would start the wharton/rice thread.....

cheermom or raiderred 2000.....

He comes from a winning program,it may take him a year or two to put in his program in from the jr hi on up,but make no mistake this guy is here to win.As far as the dicipline problem the kids that want to win will pay the price and do what it takes,the one's that don't won't be there.He is going to do everything he can to get more kids out,but its going to takes the kids to want to win.The split veer is not a bad offense they have the kids and the speed to run that offense its sort of a good fit they don't have lots of size but they have the speed.The one good thing they have going for them,im talking about the coaching staff,is they have the backing of the supt.,he will get what ever he needs.

TIGER FAN
08-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Well guys......what's it look like? Did anyone get to catch some morning practice?

TIGER FAN
08-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Has anyone been by to catch any practices? I have been so busy that I haven't got a chance! I believe I heard today is the first day of pads........ Anyone have feedback?:thinking:

gato 76
08-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I have been to a few of them,its hard to tell not untill they put on the pads will you get an idea on what they might do.I have seen a few kids that look good one of them is a QB,and they seem to have very good speed at the skill positions but again lets put the pads on and we will see.

rhs78
08-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Raiders are loaded with running back Foster and Dumont at QB

They'll win 26-2A easy going undefeated

Wharton may go 2-8 or 3-7 but not better than 4-6

Raiders will be in a dogfight to make the playoffs little on be undefeated, A very tough nondistrict schedule with Wharton,Edna,Sealy and Lexington. Then a very very tough district with East Bernard, Halletsville, Schulenberg,Wallis Brazos,Hempstead and Weimer. If anyone makes it undefeated in this district then they will be very Good.

Antec
08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Wharton started with 85 players on Monday

On Thursday they had 101

Scrimmages at Yoakum next Saturday around 10 a.m.

gato 76
08-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Wharton started with 85 players on Monday

On Thursday they had 101

Scrimmages at Yoakum next Saturday around 10 a.m.

They might surprise some people,they look to have tons of speed at the skill postions but not alot of size up front.This split veer offense i think fits the talent that they have,i have seen a couple of kids out that look good running the option,but then again they are not in pads.I look for coach hunt tigers to upset some people this year,and hopefully make the playoffs.

fireman1
08-08-2008, 06:03 PM
all i can say is good luck to the tigers coming out of last years record and getting back into the playoff hunt is not that easy in one season but if anyone can do it its the tigers cuz i know they do not like to be made fun of like how they messed up the winning record so they will fight for it this season

kingoftheranch
08-09-2008, 10:50 PM
i think this will be a rebulding year for wharton. lots of talent. just no leadership