PDA

View Full Version : District 2-3A... maybe the best facilities just got better

VWG
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
This district must have more oil money than Saudi Arabia.
Breckenridge, Snyder, and Wylie all join the turf bandwagon.
And now I hear Graham's new scoreboard will have LIVE video feed of the game???? Can somebody confirm this?
How many stadiums will have live color video screens of the action? Geez..... this district isn't just a tough as nails for sports but the facilities are rising to the top as well.

navscanmaster
07-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by VWG
And now I hear Graham's new scoreboard will have LIVE video feed of the game???? Can somebody confirm this?
How many stadiums will have live color video screens of the action? Geez..... this district isn't just a tough as nails for sports but the facilities are rising to the top as well.

Well, we are the only ones in our district with a video screen, but they don't do replays or live game action with it. It is more for player bios, student bios, ads, and interviews/close ups of action and fans. They video the coin toss, sideline, cheerleaders, drill team and band also. Replays would probably take extra equipment, but I am not sure. As far as facilities go, our district is mostly old school, LOL! Rudder has the biggest stadium since they share with the Bryan Vikings.

bwdlionfan
07-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Brownwood has had a video board for a couple of seasons. They do replays on it some.

BwdLions
07-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I can tell you that the new scoreboard/video screen will be two or three times talled than the old one. All they have in place right now is the steel uprights, but they are tall.

44INAROW
07-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Dang, I guess us "poor folks" down here will just have to be happy with new goal posts (and those were donated) :p Our "real grass" is looking pretty good, considering the heat and lack of rain - thank heavens for sprinkler systems :)
New bathrooms, ticket booths and concession stands are in the works............ maybe my grandchildren will see that happen :thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
07-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Yes, it will. :cheerl: :cheerl:
I heard the old one will soon be put up for auction. Bidding will be between the teams of Snyder/ Sweetwater and Brownwood/Celina and destination site is too be determined. Score will be kept on the most idiotic statements made by each team's poster. Of course they will definitely have to change the score columns from single to triple digits.:D

Rocket
07-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Plenty of money out there. Just got to know people that can make it happen. Brownwood taxpayers did not pay for any of the extra things such as turf, video screen, and so on. We also have newer wrought iron fences all around Gordon Wood Stadium.. Guess who installed it? Steve Freeman. He also built the big tunnel leading out from the Lion Dressing Room at Gordon Wood Stadium. If you think Brownwood has money, you are sadly mistaken. It is all PR and going after donations. Oh and the Brownwood Lion Name helps out as well. Ha Ha

Ranger Mom
07-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Plenty of money out there. Just got to know people that can make it happen. Brownwood taxpayers did not pay for any of the extra things such as turf, video screen, and so on. We also have newer wrought iron fences all around Gordon Wood Stadium.. Guess who installed it? Steve Freeman. He also built the big tunnel leading out from the Lion Dressing Room at Gordon Wood Stadium. If you think Brownwood has money, you are sadly mistaken. It is all PR and going after donations. Oh and the Brownwood Lion Name helps out as well. Ha Ha

It is amazing what a committed booster club can get done!!

Over the years I have seen Greenwood have AWESOME booster clubs and TERRIBLE ones!!

I always feel bad for the boys who have to play when an uncaring group comes along!!

Sweetwater Red
07-23-2008, 10:01 AM

Our turf was paid for by one former alumni.

Sweetwater Red
07-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Score will be kept on the most idiotic statements made by each team's poster.

Wasn't there a thread about rooting against a team you'd
otherwise careless about simply because of some of that team's
posters?:thinking:

:devil: :D :devil:

Looking4number8
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I can tell you that the new scoreboard/video screen will be two or three times talled than the old one. All they have in place right now is the steel uprights, but they are tall.

we are getting a new and bigger screen?

RedWhiteBlue
07-23-2008, 10:28 AM
FINALLY- you and I agree on something!!! The people of Graham have been more than generous to our athletic program!!! Our new scoreboard and an incredible amount of things come from our boosters and donors. They are very, very generous!!!!!! Our Booster Club is awesome!:cheerl:

RedWhiteBlue
07-23-2008, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
[B]Wasn't there a thread about rooting against a team you'd
I'm trying to understand S'water language here... but......
I do remember the thread a week or so ago. But what does that have to do with my scoreboard joke? If you don't get it- I'm not going to break it down for you, honey.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
07-23-2008, 10:36 AM
[B]Wasn't there a thread about rooting against a team you'd
I'm trying to understand S'water language here... but......
I do remember the thread a week or so ago. But what does that have to do with my scoreboard joke? If you don't get it- I'm not going to break it down for you, honey.:doh:

Did you just call me honey?:eek:

:inlove: :kiss: :inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
07-23-2008, 11:04 AM
[B]Did you just call me honey?:eek:
Yep. Did I offend you? I sure hope not......:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
07-23-2008, 11:15 AM
[B]Did you just call me honey?:eek:
Yep. Did I offend you? I sure hope not......:rolleyes:

You couldn't offend me even if you said Sweetwater isn't good.
On the other hand...:thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
07-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You couldn't offend me even if you said Sweetwater isn't good.
On the other hand...:thinking:
Why would I say that?:kiss:

Gontex
07-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Well gee big guy, your football field is pretty new, relatively speaking. I know it's not the same one we played on back in '63. That was when Cuero played at the old high school the track around the field went behind the home stands and I think it was something like 330 yards long. We are still playing on the old Apache Field in Gonzales. We been playing on it since 19forever. They have rebuilt concession stands, ticket booth, restrooms, etc. Visitor side bleachers were rebuilt back in the early eighties and some capacity has been added to the home bleachers as well, and the pressbox has been rebuilt, but basically it's the same old Apache Field. Oh, I forgot, there is a new scoreboard and play clocks on each end. Those were donated too by Wells Fargo I think.

Originally posted by 44INAROW
Dang, I guess us "poor folks" down here will just have to be happy with new goal posts (and those were donated) :p Our "real grass" is looking pretty good, considering the heat and lack of rain - thank heavens for sprinkler systems :)
New bathrooms, ticket booths and concession stands are in the works............ maybe my grandchildren will see that happen :thinking:

BwdLions
07-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
we are getting a new and bigger screen?

I should have been more specific, I was talking about Graham.

injuredinmelee
07-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Wasn't there a thread about rooting against a team you'd

:devil: :D :devil:

I think i started that post.

RedWhiteBlue
07-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I should have been more specific, I was talking about Graham.
He is coming to the dark side and he knows it!;)