PDA

View Full Version : Astros trade for SP Randy Wolf

Necks_Fan
07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
My Gramps just called me and told me. Anybody know who we gave up?

navscanmaster
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
My Gramps just called me and told me. Anybody know who we gave up?

I know they said it was a pitcher from Round Rock. Maybe someone else also.

tigerpride_08
07-23-2008, 12:00 AM
i think his name is Zach Reinke? (Sp?)

crzyjournalist03
07-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Seriously...why? Isn't Wolf going to be a UFA this offseason?

10 games back is not the time to make a rental acquisition...especially considering how bare the farm system is already.

injuredinmelee
07-23-2008, 09:09 AM
at least they try to improve their rotation unlike the Rangers.

Necks_Fan
07-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Seriously...why? Isn't Wolf going to be a UFA this offseason?

10 games back is not the time to make a rental acquisition...especially considering how bare the farm system is already. He will be an UFA this coming offseason, but they gave up practically nothing to get him.

RP Chad Reineke. He's in his 30's and in the minors. He's not that great and means just about nothing to the Astros. I think it's a great aquisition. He has said that depending on his play, if the club offers him an extension, then he might take it.

crzyjournalist03
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
He will be an UFA this coming offseason, but they gave up practically nothing to get him.

RP Chad Reineke. He's in his 30's and in the minors. He's not that great and means just about nothing to the Astros. I think it's a great aquisition. He has said that depending on his play, if the club offers him an extension, then he might take it.

ok...that makes more sense...I didn't realize that the guy they gave up wasn't a prospect at all.

in response to injured, I think that the Rangers have been trying to improve their rotation. Young guys are getting a shot now in Hurley, Harrison, Mendoza, and Feldman. Harrison and Mendoza have struggled, but most young pitchers do. The Rangers have said all year that they were building to the future, and I'm glad that they're sticking to it rather than trading away a couple of prospects for a #4 or #5 veteran on a rental.

Necks_Fan
07-23-2008, 12:40 PM
ok...that makes more sense...I didn't realize that the guy they gave up wasn't a prospect at all.

in response to injured, I think that the Rangers have been trying to improve their rotation. Young guys are getting a shot now in Hurley, Harrison, Mendoza, and Feldman. Harrison and Mendoza have struggled, but most young pitchers do. The Rangers have said all year that they were building to the future, and I'm glad that they're sticking to it rather than trading away a couple of prospects for a #4 or #5 veteran on a rental. If only they could have figured out a way to keep Volquez.

As far as the Astros go, I will always support them, but this season is over barring a miracle. I think they should trade away some assets for prospects. It's stupid to keep trying to win now and never get there. IF they SERIOUSLY want to win, then they would have went after an elite pitching rtotation rather than hitting and get there the way they did before. I still think the Tejada trade was STUPID. 5 for 1, I mean c'mon.

zebrablue2
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
If only they could have figured out a way to keep Volquez.

As far as the Astros go, I will always support them, but this season is over barring a miracle. I think they should trade away some assets for prospects. It's stupid to keep trying to win now and never get there. IF they SERIOUSLY want to win, then they would have went after an elite pitching rtotation rather than hitting and get there the way they did before. I still think the Tejada trade was STUPID. 5 for 1, I mean c'mon.

:iagree:

crzyjournalist03
07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
If only they could have figured out a way to keep Volquez.

Notice his ERA has gone up every month so far, and it's around 5.00 this month.

Necks_Fan
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Notice his ERA has gone up every month so far, and it's around 5.00 this month. Oh, I didn't know that. Dang. Lol.