PDA

View Full Version : I hate to sound ugly, but...

RedWhiteBlue
07-22-2008, 05:22 PM
am I the only one that thinks of 'tampons' when I see the word 'tarpons'? And I what is a Tarpon by the way? I know, I know......, but I just couldn't stand it anymore and had to ask!!!!!:confused: :confused:
(should have taken advice from abe)

Old Tiger
07-22-2008, 05:23 PM
pervert

DDBooger
07-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
am I the only one that thinks of 'tampons' when I see the word 'tarpons'? And I what is a Tarpon by the way? I know, I know......, but I just couldn't stand it anymore and had to ask!!!!!:confused: :confused:
(should have taken advice from abe) i only think about it when the mods get angry, then I wonder who lit the fuse on theirs! :rolleyes:

:)j/k

pirate4state
07-22-2008, 05:26 PM
no, you aren't the only one to "see" that

a tarpon is a fish Port Isabel is down on the coast

http://www.thaifishingguide.com/images/fish/saltwaterfish/tarpon.jpg

the Port Isabel folks hear the jokes all the time

pirate4state
07-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
i only think about it when the mods get angry, then I wonder who lit the fuse on theirs! :rolleyes:

:)j/k

hahahaha

old ranger mom story hour flashback

and also if you've seen Grandma's Boy my response to you is the David Spade reaction to the testers :D :D

Cats Fan
07-22-2008, 09:01 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

zebrablue2
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
pervert

LOL...

Ranger Mom
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
(should have taken advice from abe)

I have thought it several times. The very first downlow person I met was from PI....it's been a while since he posted, but last time he did, he STILL gave me a hard time about my pronunciation of "Tarpon!"

espn1
07-22-2008, 11:36 PM
It's really funny how much they both have in common. They smell exactly the same.:D :D :D

Ranger Mom
07-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by espn1
It's really funny how much they both have in common. They smell exactly the same.:D :D :D

Your posts have kinda scared me lately!!:eek:

Gobbla2001
07-22-2008, 11:47 PM
A tarpon is a fish I really want to catch (or try to anyway)... AKA Silver King... they get quite large... heard a fishing report the other day: a guy hooked about a 2 1/2 foot tarp (very small, pretty much a baby) and it had him spooled in 2 seconds (it's a fish story, so I'll say 3 secs)...

coach
07-23-2008, 12:22 AM
dude i mentioned that in another thread just the otherday

RedWhiteBlue
07-23-2008, 09:14 AM
OMG- my mood has really sucked this week and just reading some of these posts out of context have cracked me up:clap: :crazy1: :D :p

Necks_Fan
07-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
A tarpon is a fish I really want to catch (or try to anyway)... AKA Silver King... they get quite large... heard a fishing report the other day: a guy hooked about a 2 1/2 foot tarp (very small, pretty much a baby) and it had him spooled in 2 seconds (it's a fish story, so I'll say 3 secs)... He must have had his drag VERY loose. There have been a couple 2 to 2 1/2 ft tarpons landed at SLPFP without coming close to getting spooled.

They also landed a 60 lb ling on a curado in a 16 ft aluminum bottom. It drug their boat over a mile.