PDA

View Full Version : Tebow chooses not to be on Playboy's list

Old Tiger
07-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Florida quarterback Tim Tebow may be appearing a lot of places this season but Playboy Magazine won't be one of them.

David Jones of Florida Today is reporting that Florida assistant sports information director Zack Higbee chose not to put the Heisman Trophy winner's name on the preseason All-America list.

Tebow has been upfront about his religious convictions including the missionary work done by his family. Higbee said he later talked with the quarterback who was fine with the decision.

In 1996, Gator QB Danny Wuerffel also chose not to enter his name to the preseason list.

Higbee talked with Gary Cole, the senior vice president of Playboy and told Florida Today "we're on the same page."

Said Cole: "I don't hate it when someone has all the facts, understands what our weekend and our history is and then chooses not to attend. "I do hate it when someone bases their choice on false or incomplete information. . . . The weekend (in Phoenix) is completely wholesome. I have always brought my children whether they were one or 16 years old. It's a really special few days when these fellows get the opportunity to meet each other and spend a little time together. Friendships are formed at these weekends that last a lifetime.''

Cole also said that Tebow might not have made the final cut.

"To be honest, Pat White was my choice from very early on . . . actually the end of last season,'' Cole told Florida Today. "I love the way he plays the game. I love what he has accomplished in his career at West Virginia. He's a senior. Tebow will probably be around for a couple of more years. So we still have the chance to have him on the team whether or not he chooses to attend."

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/07/tebow-chooses-n.html

Phil C
07-22-2008, 03:25 PM
I wonder what church he does missionary work for.