PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday I was drivin to work windows down mindin my own business when

BILLYFRED0000
07-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I heard a wap and felt a slap at about the sametime. I looked down trying to figure out what just happened and a bumble bee was laying in my lap crawlin around like he was out on his feet.
Near as i can figure he was flyin by and flew into my open window got hit by the c pillar and knocked into my face. Big sucker. I just knocked him off in the floor board and kept goin. He never really recovered poor guy.
There he was just a lookin for some honey when all of a sudden wap.......turn out the lights,,, the parties over.

pirate4state
07-22-2008, 10:54 AM
so.......

......it's gonna be one of THOSE days........

yippee!

Ranger Mom
07-22-2008, 11:30 AM
That happened to me at Six Flags a couple of years ago on the Texas Giant.

We were going down one of the inclines and something popped me in the face..HARD. I knew it dropped on the floor but couldn't see what it was til the ride was over.

It was a quarter....I had a perfectly round imprint on my cheek for about 30 minutes!!!

pirate4state
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That happened to me at Six Flags a couple of years ago on the Texas Giant.

We were going down one of the inclines and something popped me in the face..HARD. I knew it dropped on the floor but couldn't see what it was til the ride was over.

It was a quarter....I had a perfectly round imprint on my cheek for about 30 minutes!!!

:eek: :eek: wow good thing it didn't pop you in the mouth, you might have lost a tooth!

Necks_Fan
07-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Before astroworld got closed, I always did the penny thing on Dungeon Drop and I got smashed by the penny in the head a couple times. Still fun to do it though.

And my uncle told me that one time he was driving and he hit a buzzard and it casme through his windshield. He said it was the worst smelling thing he ever smelt.

coach
07-22-2008, 12:49 PM
me and a friend were drivin around the other night and a bat flew into the cab...

I_DONT_CARE
07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Before astroworld got closed, I always did the penny thing on Dungeon Drop and I got smashed by the penny in the head a couple times. Still fun to do it though.
:thinking: :thinking: THAT EXPLAINS SOME THINGS.

Old Tiger
07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I heard a wap and felt a slap at about the sametime. I looked down trying to figure out what just happened and a bumble bee was laying in my lap crawlin around like he was out on his feet.
Near as i can figure he was flyin by and flew into my open window got hit by the c pillar and knocked into my face. Big sucker. I just knocked him off in the floor board and kept goin. He never really recovered poor guy.
There he was just a lookin for some honey when all of a sudden wap.......turn out the lights,,, the parties over. i'm sure he was looking for pollen and not honey....seeing as they use the pollen to make honey

S_Tex_3A_Fan
07-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Was driving down the highway (70 mph) once with the window open along came a bird whacked me in the side of the head and hit the inside of my back window, bird guts and feathers everywhere not a pleasant experience. Thank goodness it was only a sparrow size bird there really wasn't enough left to tell

GreenGobbla
07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
WAP

loboes86
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
i'm sure he was looking for pollen and not honey....seeing as they use the pollen to make honey Actualy they use nectar for honey production. They regurgatrate(sp) it quite a few times before its put into the honeycomb for storage. They use the pollen for some other stuff Beekeepers call beebread.

mac77
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
There he was just a lookin for some honey when all of a sudden wap.......turn out the lights,,, the parties over.

When I was in the Army, we were flying along about 200 feet and a dragonfly smacks the crewchief in the helmet. Cracked the visor and scared the crap out of him. He thought he'd been shot!

Ranger Mom
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Have you ever been cruising down the road and drive into a huge swarm of bugs??

That happened to me several years ago...I just saw a huge black cloud and SPLAT!!

I am lucky I didn't wreck, I literally ducked and by the time I sat back up and got my windshield wipers turned on to see where I was going, I was on the opposite side of the road on the shoulder!!!I had to stop right there and gather my wits.

I am also bad about swerving when any animal runs out in front of me......bad thing to do, I know, but I just can't help it!!