PDA

View Full Version : Life is rough

wildstangs
07-20-2008, 11:13 PM
My wife and I just got settled into our apartment here in Granbury. We are 100 yards from the lake. Nothing to do for two weeks but sit on the lake, fish, and have a cold beverage. Man I love being a teacher.

Gobbla2001
07-20-2008, 11:24 PM
my step-bros used to live in G'bury... been up there a few times... nice lake...

zebrablue2
07-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
My wife and I just got settled into our apartment here in Granbury. We are 100 yards from the lake. Nothing to do for two weeks but sit on the lake, fish, and have a cold beverage. Man I love being a teacher.

:2thumbsup:

garciap77
07-21-2008, 08:00 AM

Drove pass Granbury on our way from Dallas to San Angelo in June. My wife liked the scenery and thought about moving there when we retired! Do you teach in Granbury? And would that be a good choice for a teacher just starting out?

Chief Woodman
07-21-2008, 09:08 AM

Congrats. Sounds nice, but do not make small of it. You EARNED the right to sit at the lake and have beverages. Thank you for being a contributing member of our society.

My wife is teacher, and we love her schedule when matched with my Fire Dept schedule. With our salaries combined and her outstanding ability to have saved a lot of money throughout her life, we do alot of travel and just goofing off. In fact we are about to leave on a two week airplane trip to airventure fly-in airshow at Oshkosh WI, then Mount Rushmore, Pikes peak, Durango and Monument Valley. Man I love my small airplane!!

wildstangs
07-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Drove pass Granbury on our way from Dallas to San Angelo in June. My wife liked the scenery and thought about moving there when we retired! Do you teach in Granbury? And would that be a good choice for a teacher just starting out?

I will be teaching/coaching this year at one of the middle schools here. I graduated in December of 2007 and taught half a year in Plainview. Since I am still pretty new I will have to let you know if this is a good place to start out. For right now, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be. Do you know someone entering the education field soon?

wildstangs
07-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Congrats. Sounds nice, but do not make small of it. You EARNED the right to sit at the lake and have beverages. Thank you for being a contributing member of our society.

My wife is teacher, and we love her schedule when matched with my Fire Dept schedule. With our salaries combined and her outstanding ability to have saved a lot of money throughout her life, we do alot of travel and just goofing off. In fact we are about to leave on a two week airplane trip to airventure fly-in airshow at Oshkosh WI, then Mount Rushmore, Pikes peak, Durango and Monument Valley. Man I love my small airplane!!

Thanks Chief. My wife previously worked as a respiratory therapist in Lubbock, but decided she didn't like the night hours. She has been hired as a teachers aide here in Granbury so that she can go back to school to become a teacher. What does your wife teach?

garciap77
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I will be teaching/coaching this year at one of the middle schools here. I graduated in December of 2007 and taught half a year in Plainview. Since I am still pretty new I will have to let you know if this is a good place to start out. For right now, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be. Do you know someone entering the education field soon?

My daugther! She will start student teaching this fall and graduate in December from Angelo State! She wants to complete her Master before she starts teaching! I think it is a good idea to invest an other couple of years for it! What do you think!

wildstangs
07-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
My daugther! She will start student teaching this fall and graduate in December from Angelo State! She wants to complete her Master before she starts teaching! I think it is a good idea to invest an other couple of years for it! What do you think!

Definitely a great investment. I plan on going back to get a masters degree soon. I would recommend some time in the classroom either before or during her grad school. What is she planning on teaching?

garciap77
07-21-2008, 02:11 PM
K thur 4! I told her if she is up to getting her masters, I'll pay for her tuition. Thanks for the advice.

Phil C
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman

Chief hopefully you will be able to someday travel to France and watch the Tour de France.

Chief Woodman
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Someday, maybe. Till then its tour-de-U-S-A and the Carribean in my plane.

Originally posted by Phil C
Chief hopefully you will be able to someday travel to France and watch the Tour de France.

CheerMom
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I Do you know someone entering the education field soon?

My daughter will be in a couple of years. She is ready now and I keep telling her to enjoy her college years because you can never get it back. She is already planning where she would like to go, and it has to be where powerlifting is a big sport.