PDA

View Full Version : Will your team be better than last year?

Runnin Panther
07-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Will your team be better than last year?

I’ll go first…
I think it would be presumptions of anybody to say that LH will be better than last year considering we will never know exactly how good last years Panthers were. The 07 Panthers pulled off in every game they played last year, won all games by double digits and could have scored a minimum of 1 more touchdown on everyone we played.

But don’t expect to see much drop off this year. I look for the Panthers to make another strong run at the championship.

Offense: The O-line should be better, there are 3 or 4 guys that could step up and more than fill the positions vacated by last years seniors. We have a 2nd year starter at QB with a strong arm (if needed ;) ). The real question on offense is running backs, but again there are about 6 kids fighting for those spots and all have the potential to get the job done. And if needed we could always pull Cody Lattimore or Tyler Cole over form the defensive side of the ball so I think we are going to be as solid as ever on offense.

Defense: Again the D-line should be better than last year, at LB Cody Lattimore…what else need to be said about that. In the secondary again competition should be stiff, about the same boat as the running back position. The real question on defense is the DB position, more specifically finding a replacement for Marlow. If there is one guy on the team that is going to be hard to replace I think it’s him. He played the position in a such an unorthodox way and made big plays due to his athletic ability. I know there are some good kids fighting for that position. If one of them steps up in a big way I believe the defense could be better than last year.

Overall we look to be a very senior ball club, but I know for a fact that some of those juniors have been working their butts off this summer so some of those seniors had better watch out. Another advantage is LH does not have a singe two-way starter, which is a big advantage in the 4th quarter.

Oh yah…and I think the Panthers might be more of a running team this year!!! :D

Well this is just my humble opinion and you can take it with a grain of salt, after all I am just a Mom so what do I know.
:)

espn1
07-20-2008, 12:57 PM
We're ready for ya! LH will be a tough game this year. I just hate the fact that we have to play at the rodeo arena. At least you have added on to the visitor side so I can bring a couple more friends with me.:D :devil: :D :devil:

piratebg
07-20-2008, 07:32 PM
The jury is still out for the Pirates. It will be there second year in the spread offense so I can only assume they'll be a little better now. The were pretty good at moving the ball but they just couldn't find the endzone all that much. The defensive front was undersized last year and teams took advantage of that.

JR2004
07-20-2008, 08:48 PM
We're hoping to go 5-5 again this season so no we won't be.

Necks_Fan
07-20-2008, 09:35 PM
The Necks will be improved, no doubt.

Old Tiger
07-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The jury is still out for the Pirates. It will be there second year in the spread offense so I can only assume they'll be a little better now. The were pretty good at moving the ball but they just couldn't find the endzone all that much. The defensive front was undersized last year and teams took advantage of that. maybe yall will score against cuero

tigerpride_08
07-20-2008, 10:20 PM
after going 2-8 last year i hope the team will be better...the teams they'll play this year will be tough...looks like it could be another down year...and i'm sad because i'll be to far away to watch any football until i come down for christmas probably...

Gobbla2001
07-20-2008, 10:53 PM
it's a tough call... we lose a few good starters, but we have some good talent returning/coming up... I feel this year is when the system benefits us more than previous years...

injuredinmelee
07-20-2008, 10:55 PM
and could have scored a minimum of 1 more touchdown on everyone we played.

That didnt sound cocky at all.

easttexas3a
07-21-2008, 01:30 AM
My Teams

John Tyler, will be better, the only thing they can do is be better really.

Gilmer, although will be very good, for them to be better they would have to win the state championship, and although they will be good I believe I don't believe they will be that good.

Chapel Hill, prolly about as good as last year, go a few rounds deep and be a very good football team.

JR2004
07-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
The 07 Panthers pulled off in every game they played last year, won all games by double digits and could have scored a minimum of 1 more touchdown on everyone we played.

Well this is just my humble opinion

Something doesn't fit here. Can anyone guess what?

gato 76
07-21-2008, 06:46 AM
The city cats should be better,at least on defense with 8 starters coming back.The coaching change should benifit the the players from what i have sen the kids will play for coach blackmon plus alot of kids are coming back in the program.Also haveing Anthony Ray as the O/C will be a big plus running that wing t offense.The cats have a tough non district schedule playing Dayton,Houston Yates,Dickinson,Cuero should help them get ready for district 23AAAA play.

garciap77
07-21-2008, 08:05 AM

I’ll go first…
I think it would be presumptions of anybody to say that LH will be better than last year considering we will never know exactly how good last years Panthers were. The 07 Panthers pulled off in every game they played last year, won all games by double digits and could have scored a minimum of 1 more touchdown on everyone we played.

But don’t expect to see much drop off this year. I look for the Panthers to make another strong run at the championship.

Offense: The O-line should be better, there are 3 or 4 guys that could step up and more than fill the positions vacated by last years seniors. We have a 2nd year starter at QB with a strong arm (if needed ;) ). The real question on offense is running backs, but again there are about 6 kids fighting for those spots and all have the potential to get the job done. And if needed we could always pull Cody Lattimore or Tyler Cole over form the defensive side of the ball so I think we are going to be as solid as ever on offense.

Defense: Again the D-line should be better than last year, at LB Cody Lattimore…what else need to be said about that. In the secondary again competition should be stiff, about the same boat as the running back position. The real question on defense is the DB position, more specifically finding a replacement for Marlow. If there is one guy on the team that is going to be hard to replace I think it’s him. He played the position in a such an unorthodox way and made big plays due to his athletic ability. I know there are some good kids fighting for that position. If one of them steps up in a big way I believe the defense could be better than last year.

Overall we look to be a very senior ball club, but I know for a fact that some of those juniors have been working their butts off this summer so some of those seniors had better watch out. Another advantage is LH does not have a singe two-way starter, which is a big advantage in the 4th quarter.

Well this is just my humble opinion and you can take it with a grain of salt, after all I am just a Mom so what do I know.
:)

You sound like Rocket!:p ;)

87 TIGER
07-21-2008, 08:27 AM

I’ll go first…

:) Pulled off in EVERY game last year? I think yall were down at half and had to play a great 2nd half to win. LH did win 37-25 but I dont remember yall "pulling off".Great team the last two years and gonna be good this year, just my humble opinion. Good luck on another great year.;)

Phil C
07-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
maybe yall will score against cuero

It will be almost impossible during the regurlar season considering that they don't play this year during the regular seasonl.

Runnin Panther
07-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Pulled off in EVERY game last year? I think yall were down at half and had to play a great 2nd half to win. LH did win 37-25 but I dont remember yall "pulling off".Great team the last two years and gonna be good this year, just my humble opinion. Good luck on another great year.;)

First of all I was not trying to sound cocky, if it came off that way I’m sorry it was not intended. I admit I am overly enthusiastic about my team.

No doubt we had a poor 1st half against Rockdale but we did start kneeling the ball at the end of the game when we were about to score again. Not sure if that is pulling off or not.

injuredinmelee
07-21-2008, 10:16 AM
First of all I was not trying to sound cocky, if it came off that way I’m sorry it was not intended. I admit I am overly enthusiastic about my team.

No doubt we had a poor 1st half against Rockdale but we did start kneeling the ball at the end of the game when we were about to score again. Not sure if that is pulling off or not.

thats not so much pulling off as it is Class. Not all coaches have it. Glad LH is one place that seems to. Cant wait for the Wylie/LH game this year. WIll have to have the mother of all meet and greets at bogeys house.