PDA

View Full Version : Dallas DJ, Russ Martin, arrested in Southlake

kaorder1999
07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Dallas DJ Russ Martin arrested in Southlake

01:44 PM CDT on Saturday, July 19, 2008
By MATTHEW HAAG / The Dallas Morning News
mhaag@dallasnews.com

Dallas-area radio personality Russ Martin was arrested Friday morning after an incident at a retail store in Southlake, police said.

Mr. Martin, who is host of the "Russ Martin Show" weekday afternoons on KLLI-FM (105.3), was arrested on a charge of aggravated assault with bodily injuries with a deadly weapon, Southlake police Cpl. Mike Bedrich said.

Cpl. Bedrich declined to provide specifics about the incident.

Mr. Martin has been on Dallas-Fort Worth radio stations for nearly three decades. The "Russ Martin Show" is one of the area's highest-rated afternoon radio programs.

He is on the board for Operation Kindness, a North Texas animal shelter. He also runs the Russ Martin Show Listeners' Foundation, which benefits the families of police officers and firefighters killed in the line of duty, according to the show's Web site.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/07-08/0720rmartin.jpg

All out CAT
07-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Man I miss his show. Moved to God's country five years ago. He was on a local station, Austin area, for about 6 months and then gone. Too bad for him. I guess his radio personality reflects his actual personality.

GreenMonster
07-19-2008, 11:16 PM
I'd like to know the rest of this story. I wonder what the "deadly weapon" was. Could be a baseball bat, a knife, a gun, or any number of things. I'd also like to know what it was that set him off. People don't commit assault with a deadly weapon over nothing.