PDA

View Full Version : Wylies Starting QB?

injuredinmelee
07-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Who will it be?

Watched two different kids toss it around in 7on7 and I have my favorite. Any speculation?

STANG RED
07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm just hoping Kase Keenum doesnt have a little brother lurking around there somewhere.

injuredinmelee
07-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm just hoping Kase Keenum doesnt have a little brother lurking around there somewhere.

just sisters.

michaelp23
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
From what I heard the JV QB from last year is the frontrunner. I forget his name, but he was considered as the Varsity starter last year (as a Sophomore) before they went with the Senior, Wallace. He was called up for the playoffs. We saw him in warm-ups before some of those games. He looked pretty good.

pero chato
07-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23
From what I heard the JV QB from last year is the frontrunner. I forget his name, but he was considered as the Varsity starter last year (as a Sophomore) before they went with the Senior, Wallace. He was called up for the playoffs. We saw him in warm-ups before some of those games. He looked pretty good.

On the news they interviewed Matt Preston and the caption stated that he was the quarterback.

michaelp23
07-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
On the news they interviewed Matt Preston and the caption stated that he was the quarterback.

There's your answer!!:clap:

injuredinmelee
07-18-2008, 10:56 AM
He was my favorite. Throws a good deep ball and seemed to be very accurate. MAybe a tad slow release but he has def been groomed for the position.

Mcguirk
07-19-2008, 02:49 PM
One! My first post on Downlow, though I've read it for years. It's a great way to find out what's going on in 3A football across the state, and a great source for info when playoffs roll around. I watched Matt practice all year in the Dog House. He would practice an hour or more every night I was there. It looks like all those QB camps finally paid off. Can't wait for the season to start!

injuredinmelee
07-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
One! My first post on Downlow, though I've read it for years. It's a great way to find out what's going on in 3A football across the state, and a great source for info when playoffs roll around. I watched Matt practice all year in the Dog House. He would practice an hour or more every night I was there. It looks like all those QB camps finally paid off. Can't wait for the season to start!

welcome! Send me a pm so i can tell you where to send your entry fee.

Mcguirk
07-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I could probably collect a fee just to keep your secrets! Or maybe sell them to the downlow :thinking: I'll pm you injured, you know me.

TinyTim
07-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Not so fast. I heard there is a new kid moving to town.
6'3" 210.
Arizona transplant. Laser arm I'm told.

slingshot
07-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Not so fast. I heard there is a new kid moving to town.
6'3" 210.
Arizona transplant. Laser arm I'm told. If that's the case Snyder will outbid us... :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
07-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
If that's the case Snyder will outbid us... :rolleyes:

Wasn't Will Clay from Arizona?:thinking:

TinyTim
07-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
If that's the case Snyder will outbid us... :rolleyes:

Nope, his dad is with wind energy.

injuredinmelee
07-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Wasn't Will Clay from Arizona?:thinking:

wasnt that where the kid that went to SMU from there?

STANG RED
07-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Nope, his dad is with wind energy.

Then he should be looking west and northwest of Abilene. Thats where 99% of the wind industry in Texas is right now.

injuredinmelee
07-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Then he should be looking west and northwest of Abilene. Thats where 99% of the wind industry in Texas is right now.

Yeah but everyone wants to be a Wylie Bulldog.

wildstangs
07-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Snyder's AZ transplant was Dee Walker. I wanna think he went to SMU first but has since surfaced at West Texas A&M.

STANG RED
07-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Yeah but everyone wants to be a Wylie Bulldog.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :foul: :foul: :foul:

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Snyder's AZ transplant was Dee Walker. I wanna think he went to SMU first but has since surfaced at West Texas A&M.

That's right.:doh:

I guess I have a hard time keeping straight all the Snyder
move-ins.:stirpot:

DaHop72
07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That's right.:doh:

I guess I have a hard time keeping straight all the Snyder
move-ins.:stirpot: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Texasfootball2
07-21-2008, 02:25 PM

I know I may be jumping out on a huge limb here. But I see a lot of similiarities in Preston (Jr.) and Case Keenum. Case did seem to have that something they called "it", but Preston sure remindes me of Keenum in a lot of ways. If he's is the real deal, the Bulldogs have a chance to be real good. They have of lot of returning players with experience coming back.

injuredinmelee
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I know I may be jumping out on a huge limb here. But I see a lot of similiarities in Preston (Jr.) and Case Keenum. Case did seem to have that something they called "it", but Preston sure remindes me of Keenum in a lot of ways. If he's is the real deal, the Bulldogs have a chance to be real good. They have of lot of returning players with experience coming back.

I agree. Seems to be the kind of kid that just has it. Excels in every sport he plays, intelligent, and comes from a good family. Will be fun watching him this fall.

slingshot
07-21-2008, 09:42 PM
He was dominant on JV, we'll see how that translates to varsity.

Mcguirk
07-21-2008, 11:07 PM
I didn't get to see Matt play J.V., but I did see him practice and practice and practice.......... It seemed like he was at the
Dog House every night throwing the ball, even during the season after practice. I think he spent the last few summers going to every QB camp he could fit into his schedule too. If anyone should be ready for the job it would be him.

WylieBulldog92
07-22-2008, 06:14 PM
That limb snapped before you even jumped on it.

Texasfootball2
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
That limb snapped before you even jumped on it.
I've been standing on that limb since before you were born:) Maybe you should spend more time in the Doghouse preparing for football (JV Football) and less time on the computer.:D Just jacking with you, I guess everybody has their opinion.

Mcguirk
08-18-2008, 06:08 PM
After practice the other night, I heard from a VERY reliable, double secret source, that the QB decision has not been made yet. Has anyone else heard anything?

garciap77
08-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I've been standing on that limb since before you were born:) Maybe you should spend more time in the Doghouse preparing for football (JV Football) and less time on the computer.:D Just jacking with you, I guess everybody has their opinion.

LOL :clap: :clap:

popcorn screen
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Wylie has a football team??? I figured they would play lacross or perhaps cricket.:cool: