PDA

View Full Version : Kaorder, Royse City facilities

Gsquared
07-17-2008, 07:30 AM
RC Fac. (http://www.roysecityfootball.com/facilities.htm)

jason
07-17-2008, 07:46 AM
sure looks like they need to expand the bleachers on the visitors side....

no way HP will fit all the bagpipes in those...

Gsquared
07-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by jason
sure looks like they need to expand the bleachers on the visitors side....

no way HP will fit all the bagpipes in those...
HP can bring thier YMCA soccer watching lawn chairs and sit in the grass.

jason
07-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
HP can bring thier YMCA soccer watching lawn chairs and sit in the grass. yeah right - im sure they would be all about having to carry things themselves to an inferior opponents stadium haha.....

they'll just pay to have the game broadcast on tv and watch it on the 70" plasma tv's...

Emerson1
07-17-2008, 11:07 AM
I thought the stadium cost $17 million, or was that all of their facility upgrades combined?

I hope not, that stadium is pathetic.

kaorder1999
07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
I think that place is pretty dang nice!

c-town_balla
07-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I think its quite nice as well...but I think Emerson thinks it pathetic for $17mil

jason
07-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I think that place is pretty dang nice! bleachers are too small - they have to realize they wont be hosting eustace or ferris anymore - they are in with the big boys now...

Emerson1
07-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Each band will take up an entire section on both sides to.

Luckily that district doesn't travel well. RH will probably fill it up, but HP doesn't bring anyone. It's not like they will have to deal with Cove's fans, or 15k Burnet fans

kaorder1999
07-17-2008, 05:05 PM
they put all that grass beside both sides of the visitors stands for that very reason...future expansion. Just like Forney did....

If thats all they could afford to do at this time then thats all they could do. They could be playing their games at the old Bulldog stadium. Those visitors stands arent much smaller, if at all smaller, then Greenville's. That stadium reminds me a LOT of greenvilles

Emerson1
07-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
they put all that grass beside both sides of the visitors stands for that very reason...future expansion. Just like Forney did....

If thats all they could afford to do at this time then thats all they could do. They could be playing their games at the old Bulldog stadium. Those visitors stands arent much smaller, if at all smaller, then Greenville's. That stadium reminds me a LOT of greenvilles
Wylie's is that style to I think.

JR2004
07-18-2008, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I thought the stadium cost $17 million, or was that all of their facility upgrades combined?

I hope not, that stadium is pathetic.

Um...You're in the minority on this one. That's a nice stadium and those are some GREAT facilities. What we have at Madison is BAD. Madison's football team and athletic program can only dream of having something that awesome.

Emerson1
07-18-2008, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Um...You're in the minority on this one. That's a nice stadium and those are some GREAT facilities. What we have at Madison is BAD. Madison's football team and athletic program can only dream of having something that awesome.
For $17 million, it's pretty sad

rangerjoe33
07-18-2008, 09:24 AM
17 mil included the Performing Arts Center as well.

I would say that the 1100 students at the massive 4A high school are pretty pleased considering it is the first athletic facility built in RC since the mid 70's...The stadium costs were around 11-12mil I believe.

The scoreboard cost 400k I believe.

The seating capacity is 6500-7000, The seating is very similar to Greenville, however I think the RC Home side holds more.

Everyone has thier opinion...it is a facility we are proud of and something we obviously voted to pay for. I think combined with the supporting facilities around it it, the indoor facility, baseball/softball complex, etc...it can hold it's own against the majority of 4A facilities across the state.

Now we need a swimming facility so we can practice for the additional sports that come with a larger classification, oh nevermind, we have plenty of stock ponds around RC to practice at, kids could even bring their fishing poles. That reminds what it was like growing up here in RC, we could go dove hunting in the fall on the way to school and stick our shotguns on a gun rack in the truck and hunt some more on the way home after football practice. Can't carry a bb gun in car at school now.

scrub c
07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I think it is pretty dog-gone nice. I dont care how much it cost...

Emerson1
07-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33

I would say that the 1100 students at the massive 4A high school are pretty pleased considering it is the first athletic facility built in RC since the mid 70's...The stadium costs were around 11-12mil I believe.

The seating capacity is 6500-7000, The seating is very similar to Greenville, however I think the RC Home side holds more.

Everyone has thier opinion...it is a facility we are proud of and something we obviously voted to pay for. I think combined with the supporting facilities around it it, the indoor facility, baseball/softball complex, etc...it can hold it's own against the majority of 4A facilities across the state.
Can't carry a bb gun in car at school now.
Well for 11 million it's not bad :D

BB Gun? You can even have shells in your car.

JR2004
07-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33

Now we need a swimming facility so we can practice for the additional sports that come with a larger classification, oh nevermind, we have plenty of stock ponds around RC to practice at, kids could even bring their fishing poles. That reminds what it was like growing up here in RC, we could go dove hunting in the fall on the way to school and stick our shotguns on a gun rack in the truck and hunt some more on the way home after football practice. Can't carry a bb gun in car at school now.

You should be proud of the stadium and the other facilities y'all built. It's really, really nice. I hope Madison has a chance to have a playoff game out there over the next few years.

NastySlot
07-18-2008, 10:58 PM
those are very nice facilities..............visitor stands are fine...........someone always has to think the visitors side has to be the same size as the home side or sometimes bigger then what they are no matter the stadium..........those stands are fine.

the fact is most people are bad estimating the size of crowds and how many people they actually bring.

trojan37
07-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Whoa. I wouldn't give a crap how many people the visitors brought, those are some nice facilities.

ssgmp5150
07-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Don't let anyone else tell you differently, that stadium rivals some of the nicest facilities in the state for 4A ball! I remember when that place used to be a dirt track and had racing there every saturday night! Impressive how you guys have grown like you have in such a short time. The visitor's stands are just fine! You are supposed to make the visiting team uncomfortable, it is called home field advantage! Put them in some rinky old bleachers half the size of the home team with no concessions or bathrooms and make em walk all the way across to the other side to use any facilities! Regardless, your facilities are excellent and I would love to see the Farmers play a playoff game there soon! Congratulations to all of you on your past successes and your new facilities and good luck in 4A this year!

PHS Wildcats
07-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Don't worry about how bad people try to talk down your stadium. It's a great looking stadium.

You are always going to have someone like that:(

kaorder1999
07-19-2008, 01:58 PM
people will always do that. People were saying the same thing when they built the stadium in Forney.