07-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Here's an article on the Gobblers in the Local paper

http://www.cuerorecord.com/articles/2008/07/16/sports/sports1.txt

garciap77
07-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Nice article!

Nursebetty
07-16-2008, 09:35 AM
GREAT ARTICLE.............lots of recognition for our hard working team!!!!!!!!! :)

underware
07-16-2008, 10:41 AM
We all new that. Why, Mike Forman of the Victoria Advocate has Cuero in the front of the Sports page a few times a week. I'm not even sure if Forman knows that Victoria has a team, too? I always thought about writing in to the Victoria Advocate, the letters to the editor, and talk area sports. Forman doesn't.

pirate4state
07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by underware
We all new that. Why, Mike Forman of the Victoria Advocate has Cuero in the front of the Sports page a few times a week. I'm not even sure if Forman knows that Victoria has a team, too? I always thought about writing in to the Victoria Advocate, the letters to the editor, and talk area sports. Forman doesn't. :confused: I thought this article was in Cuero's local paper? :thinking:

Victoria has a football team?? :eek: :eek:

Maroon87
07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Victoria has a football team?? :eek: :eek:

:doh:

Old Green
07-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by underware
We all new that. Why, Mike Forman of the Victoria Advocate has Cuero in the front of the Sports page a few times a week. I'm not even sure if Forman knows that Victoria has a team, too? I always thought about writing in to the Victoria Advocate, the letters to the editor, and talk area sports. Forman doesn't. "You killing Smalls":wave: :D

GreenMonster
07-16-2008, 05:23 PM
buncha dang over grow'd chickens!

crabman
07-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Victoria schools are not Mike Foreman's responsibility. Coy Slavik covers that territory. Foreman covers the surrounding towns. If you will notice his articles every week, they cover Refugio, Edna, and heaven forbid, Yoakum. He reports on Cuero every few weeks during the season. Once the playoffs start and Yoakum, Gonzales and Edna go home, what is he supposed to write about? Let's see. It is football season. Cuero is playing football. I guess he will write about Cuero.

The other reason he writes about Cuero a lot is that their coach is so accessible. Reeve will give an interview to anyone willing to listen. He is great with the press.

GreenMonster
07-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Crabman, they can cure your STD. Go see a DR.

popcorn screen
07-16-2008, 09:51 PM
You never here of Administration support on a coaching website, but I know that the last time the Gobblas were in the state title game, every coach had a sub for the entire week to prepare for the game. That is AWESOME!:)