PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea

coach
07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
why dont we have a scoreboard? like at the top of the page we can have a scoreboard so we dont have to wait all night or until the next morning to have all the scores

crzyjournalist03
07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by coach
why dont we have a scoreboard? like at the top of the page we can have a scoreboard so we dont have to wait all night or until the next morning to have all the scores

who would update it?

coach
07-15-2008, 04:03 PM
anybody who knew the scores

crzyjournalist03
07-15-2008, 04:07 PM
That would leave a heck of a lot of room for people to go in and edit "false" finals just to annoy others.

piratebg
07-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Very true

pirate4state
07-15-2008, 04:16 PM
http://www.3adownlow.com/scores.php

During the season there IS a thread at the top of the page and then it gets moved to the above link for reference.

Before WOS87 started that last season Keith7 did a great job of getting scores in ONE thread.

:)

crzyjournalist03
07-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.3adownlow.com/scores.php

During the season there IS a thread at the top of the page and then it gets moved to the above link for reference.

Before WOS87 started that last season Keith7 did a great job of getting scores in ONE thread.

:)

Yeah...that has worked well the last few years. It also leaves less margin for error. I like the idea of a scrolling scoreboard, but I don't know how feasible or realistic it would be...it's not like the NFL where you can just install a widget that will get all the information for you.

coach
07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
well then only tehe mods can update the scoreboard

pirate4state
07-15-2008, 04:27 PM
well then only tehe mods can update the scoreboard :confused:

No, during the season there is a THREAD that is updated by WOS87, but he welcomes any & all scores as they come in & he updates them.

I guess I don't understand what you want exactly.

And it doesn't HAVE to be WOS87, he is just the one that took it up last year.

DDBooger
07-15-2008, 04:28 PM
does anyone have a desktop application that is a sportsticker?

coach
07-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused:

No, during the season there is a THREAD that is updated by WOS87, but he welcomes any & all scores as they come in & he updates them.

I guess I don't understand what you want exactly.

And it doesn't HAVE to be WOS87, he is just the one that took it up last year.

a scoreboard at the top of the page where u dont have to open a thread to look at all the scores but it seems to complicated so i guess it was a bad idea

pirate4state
07-15-2008, 04:35 PM
a scoreboard at the top of the page where u dont have to open a thread to look at all the scores but it seems to complicated so i guess it was a bad idea like a running scoreboard? :thinking: we would have to have one person in charge to eliminate the jokers on the board, but i can check with admin & see if it's something we could do.

personally, i'd get frustrated waiting for a score to scroll by. i'd rather open a thread and scan all the scores real quick. :nerd:

coach
07-15-2008, 04:39 PM
yeah like a running scoreboard...

pirate4state
07-15-2008, 04:41 PM
gotcha. don't know if it is something we could do or not, but it's not a BAD idea...i'll pass along your suggestion.

piratebg
07-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I kind of like the idea, but I don't need a rolling scoreboard when there is SFIA. :D

crzyjournalist03
07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
does anyone have a desktop application that is a sportsticker?

I have on on my mac...don't know how widgets work on a PC.

LH Panther Mom
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
That would leave a heck of a lot of room for people to go in and edit "false" finals just to annoy others.
:mad: :mad: I know of a board where people did that. :rolleyes:

sinton66
07-16-2008, 05:52 PM
What's wrong with the scoreboard on the website? Why can't you use that?

GreenMonster
07-16-2008, 06:03 PM
why dont we have a scoreboard? like at the top of the page we can have a scoreboard so we dont have to wait all night or until the next morning to have all the scores I like the current system.

sinton66
07-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I guess they're wanting something like the Fox "ticker", but I have no clue where we could get one. Anyone that has it will probably be copyrighted, or so one would think.

GreenMonster
07-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I guess they're wanting something like the Fox "ticker", but I have no clue where we could get one. Anyone that has it will probably be copyrighted, or so one would think. I agree with Rita on this one, I like being able to go straight to where I can find the answer I want and leave instead of sitting there waiting for the score I'm looking for to scroll across the screen. What if I happen to look off and I miss the thing and have to sit there while it goes all the way back around. That ain't no fun.

eagles_victory
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
What's wrong with the scoreboard on the website? Why can't you use that? We had that last year its been done. If you aint growin' your dyin' there aint no third direction.;)

GreenMonster
07-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
We had that last year its been done. If you aint growin' your dyin' there aint no third direction.;) Actually, the whole time you're growing you're dying so there is no truth to that post.

eagles_victory
07-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Actually, the whole time you're growing you're dying so there is no truth to that post. The quote has to do with bussiness growth not your body and it wasnt in seriousness . Next time feel free to read the post in contex with the rest of the thread

LH Panther Mom
07-16-2008, 06:58 PM
What if I happen to look off and I miss the thing and have to sit there while it goes all the way back around. That ain't no fun. :doh: :doh: That always happens to me. :(

pirate4state
07-16-2008, 08:09 PM
I agree with Rita on this one, I like being able to go straight to where I can find the answer I want and leave instead of sitting there waiting for the score I'm looking for to scroll across the screen. What if I happen to look off and I miss the thing and have to sit there while it goes all the way back around. That ain't no fun. woohoo someone agrees with me! :D