PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg

sandmaster
07-14-2008, 11:19 PM
What do the Billies have this year? And are they supposed to be good or is everyone thinking they are gonna be good because they are dropping down from 4a.

Hill Man
07-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by sandmaster
What do the Billies have this year? And are they supposed to be good or is everyone thinking they are gonna be good because they are dropping down from 4a.

I don't think dropping to 3A will help them in the district they are in with Liberty Hill, Wimberely, Burnet and company..

Daddy D 11
07-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
I don't think dropping to 3A will help them in the district they are in with Liberty Hill, Wimberely, Burnet and company..

i miss you hill man :(

NastySlot
07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
fred will be young...they have some solid hold overs on the o-line....the drop didn't help them....may have come two years too late......the new district might be a little tougher....trade alamo hts. tivy and boerne...for wimberley, LH, burnet and Llano.......fred has some good young talent coming up through the program........fred actually played the last two seasons in 4A with 3A numbers and did well.....they were below the cut off the day r&r was released for the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons...........counted kids at an alternative learning center (not the type for kids suspended from school) for GED kids for the county and some surrounding districts.....fhs kids are force to withdraw from fhs before entering that program....and don't compete in uil activities but were counted as part of the enrollment formula......the should however be competive...but i don't think i met anyone from fred that thinks football will be easier in 3A....i know a lot of the staff at fred...good guys and coaches....they know it's going to be tough.

JR2004
07-16-2008, 04:25 AM
I've always liked Fredericksburg and if I ever were to pick one small town to live in that would be that town. They were a lot of fun to compete against in several sports when I was a kid. I hope the Battlin' Billies do well this year.

I had a coach named Steve Carroll back in Lampasas who played against them back in the late 60's. He said they would call all their defensive signals in German and it was confusing as heck to figure out what they were saying...lol.