PDA

View Full Version : DOH! Crazy video footage I just saw on the news....

kaorder1999
07-14-2008, 10:20 PM
WOW...that sucks! (http://www.wfaa.com/video/index.html?nvid=263322)

Boosty_Hondo
07-14-2008, 10:28 PM
wow ya that does... i just watched it on youtube and texas state bank is going around shutting down all the videos cause of copyright infringement!!

injuredinmelee
07-15-2008, 12:26 AM
that was beyond awesome!

44INAROW
07-15-2008, 08:14 AM
I sure hope he carries more than the state minimum limits of liability :eek: That's a lot of property damage........:doh:

pirate4state
07-15-2008, 08:52 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84102

hee hee

Ranger Mom
07-15-2008, 08:52 AM
The "article" said the driver was able to safely exit the vehicle before the cab was crushed....I don't see how!!!

Txbroadcaster
07-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The "article" said the driver was able to safely exit the vehicle before the cab was crushed....I don't see how!!!

He jumped out passenger side

Ranger Mom
07-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
He jumped out passenger side

I figured that....and I have to commend him, I don't think my reaction time would have been that fast!

I would have just sat there and got crushed!!:crazy1:

jason
07-15-2008, 09:15 AM
he'll sue the auto maker for not making the cab strong enough...

crzyjournalist03
07-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84102

hee hee

:thumbsup: ;)

zebrablue2
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
ouch, and that really does suck..

STANG RED
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM

I dont either! I watched it several times, and even paused it just as the canopy was hitting the top of his cab. It sure looked like he was still setting streight up to me.:eek:

Ranger Mom
07-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont either! I watched it several times, and even paused it just as the canopy was hitting the top of his cab. It sure looked like he was still setting streight up to me.:eek:

They were talking about this on this news this morning. They didn't say anything about him "getting out".....only that the driver and his 10 y/o son were amazingly able to survive the accident with no injuries.

I just found this article and it's saying he was able to unbuckle his seat belt and get out.....that is amazing for no more time than the whole thing took.

Also, wouldn't you think a structure like that should be able to withstand the impact a little better? It's not like the guy was going that fast!

Truck/Travel Trailer Crashes Texas State Bank- July 2, 2008

At approximately 3 PM, Tuesday, July 2, a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, pulling a new travel trailer, hit the corner of the Texas State Bank Drive-In on Tenaha Street, causing the complete awning to come to the ground. Luckily, the driver of the Dodge, Mickey Miller, of Garrison and his 10 year old son were able to exit their vehicle uninjured.

According to Miller he was circling the bank to park on the other side when the corner of his travel trailer caught the corner of the bank awning. Next thing he heard was a rumble as the awning started falling against his driver's side door. Somehow he was able to unbuckle the seat beat and exit the other side of his truck as it was falling.

Mark Ivy of Texas State Bank stated that the main lobby would be open for business while the drive-in is being repaired.

Link (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:KvRSLXgFnk8J:www.shelbycountytoday. com/sctNewsspecial.php+site:http://shelbycountytoday.com/+bank&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=safari)

STANG RED
07-16-2008, 09:23 AM

Also, wouldn't you think a structure like that should be able to withstand the impact a little better? It's not like the guy was going that fast!

Yeah, I've been in construction for 30 years. That canopy should not have been so easy to topple. It appears to me, it was just one really strong wind away from falling down anyway. That travel trailer just accelerated what was eventually going to happen sooner or later. Even so, the guy should have been paying a lot more attention than he was. I can only guess he was not used to towing a 5th wheel trailer, and not used to having to pay attention to height clearances.
I bet he pays attention from now on though.:D

Ranger Mom
07-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I've been in construction for 30 years. That canopy should not have been so easy to topple. It appears to me, it was just one really strong wind away from falling down anyway. That travel trailer just accelerated what was eventually going to happen sooner or later. Even so, the guy should have been paying a lot more attention than he was. I can only guess he was not used to towing a 5th wheel trailer, and not used to having to pay attention to height clearances.
I bet he pays attention from now on though.:D

I bet he does too!!!

This quote from the article would have made me SICK!!

"a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, pulling a new travel trailer"

I read in one of the comments from someone that knew them that they were getting ready to leave on vacation!

:eek:

STANG RED
07-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I bet he does too!!!

This quote from the article would have made me SICK!!

"a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, pulling a new travel trailer"

I read in one of the comments from someone that knew them that they were getting ready to leave on vacation!

:eek:

Ha Ha, Ted just thought he had a bad start to his vacation with a little ol blowout on his travel trailer. He needs to see that video to truely appreciate how much worse it could have been.

I think you should merge his thread with this one, so we can all call him a little cry baby. :D

Hey Ted :weeping: :bigcry: :taunt: We dont want to hear anything more about your little ol blowout.:p

Ranger Mom
07-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Ha Ha, Ted just thought he had a bad start to his vacation with a little ol blowout on his travel trailer. He needs to see that video to truely appreciate how much worse it could have been.

I think you should merge his thread with this one, so we can all call him a little cry baby. :D

Hey Ted :weeping: :bigcry: :taunt: We dont want to hear anything more about your little ol blowout.:p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You are EVIL!!!!!

I love it!!:p :p

pirate4state
07-16-2008, 11:31 AM

HAHA I was thinking the same thing. :evillol: