PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's 10 Secrets To Reaching the Top

espn1
07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Here (http://www.dumblittleman.com/2008/07/michael-jordans-10-secrets-to-reaching.html)

popcorn screen
07-14-2008, 09:41 PM
What about the adultery...alleged.....the gambling......not alleged, and the possible kick to Craig Ehlo's grill in a game. I am still a fan, but practice what you preach.

coach
07-15-2008, 01:50 PM
if we had a top 10 most stupid post awarded these previous two would be in there

Old Tiger
07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
there some stragglers from another website :)

coach
07-15-2008, 02:10 PM
no where did it say if u do this you will be just like mike...its talking about success and it doesnt have to apply to just sports...and if u remember mike couldnt even make his high school team so to say it was all on God's ability....i dont think so...now dont get me wrong God gave him ability but MJ gave it is all and put away his doubters..and btw it doesnt matter if u have been here before it was stil a stupid post

Old Tiger
07-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
So, having tons of God-given ability means you know the secrets to success? Not hardly, son.
He must have made the HS team at some point, consdiering he had a full ride to UNC. it's just marketable if michael jordan gives you 10 reasons for success

god given ability = nothing without work ethic

coach
07-15-2008, 02:22 PM
So, having tons of God-given ability means you know the secrets to success? Not hardly, son. I just said that Id listen to someone who might actually know some how to become a success(ie. Donald Trump, though he is indeed a douche). The key to MJ's success was talent. Nothing to teach there.
He must have made the HS team at some point, consdiering he had a full ride to UNC.

lol you dont get it...he still had to work his tail off to become the best...he was questioned as a shooter and in the offseason he worked and be came a solid jump shooter..ppl said he cant play dfense and he has a few all dfensive awards...he continued to work on hisgame and became the best...he got that full ride from playing everyday and working on his skills that God gave him..i dont know abut u but someone who is know as the best athelete ever...i would listen to him about being successful...God doesnt just hand things to you and say here ya go ur the greatest now and u dont have to work at it....

STANG RED
07-15-2008, 06:56 PM
So, having tons of God-given ability means you know the secrets to success? Not hardly, son. I just said that Id listen to someone who might actually know some how to become a success(ie. Donald Trump, though he is indeed a douche). The key to MJ's success was talent. Nothing to teach there.
He must have made the HS team at some point, consdiering he had a full ride to UNC.

Granted, MJ had tons of talent. But we have all seen a lot of high school and college kids with talent oozing from every pour, yet only a very select few can refine it and take it to it's highest level. Refining all that raw talent takes many many hours of hard work, and very few are willing to sacrifice that much time and sweat to reach the level MJ did. Same can be said for Tiger Woods, and only a very few others. I have no doubt there have been many with just as much raw talent as those guys, but lacked the rest of the package to take it to their level.

popcorn screen
07-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Go Blue? I cant have an opinion? Just because you spend all day posting and you have posted more than I does not mean that are better than anyone else. I am not a straggler from another site. I have been observing the DL for a couple of years, just never posted. I am a huge Jordan fan! What I have suggested is that he has had the career of a lifetime. However, in that time period his family has been destroyed and he has lost a small fortune in divorce and via gambling. Don't wear out his 10 tips to fame, cause it cost him bigtime.:thinking:

coach
07-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Go Blue? I cant have an opinion? Just because you spend all day posting and you have posted more than I does not mean that are better than anyone else. I am not a straggler from another site. I have been observing the DL for a couple of years, just never posted. I am a huge Jordan fan! What I have suggested is that he has had the career of a lifetime. However, in that time period his family has been destroyed and he has lost a small fortune in divorce and via gambling. Don't wear out his 10 tips to fame, cause it cost him bigtime.:thinking:

i think he is still well of...isnt there a thread about MJ and his spendings compared to bill gates?