PDA

View Full Version : Madden 09

Necks_Fan
07-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Comes out Aug 12. I have mine on reserve for PS3.

The game looks really cool but Collinsworth is the commentator. :hand:

Regardless, I can't wait for it to come out. Anyway, I wonder what Adrian Peterson's ranking will be. 93?

Emerson1
07-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Adrian Peterson - 95 ovr, 96 spd, 98 agi, 99 acc, 92 trk, 97 stiff arm

Necks_Fan
07-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Adrian Peterson - 95 ovr, 96 spd, 98 agi, 99 acc, 92 trk, 97 stiff arm How did you get that info? Is it true that Brett Favre is on there as a free agent?

Emerson1
07-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
How did you get that info? Is it true that Brett Favre is on there as a free agent?
I have a reviewers copy of the game.

He is in the game as an NFL Great.

Necks_Fan
07-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I have a reviewers copy of the game. How did you get that?

piratebg
07-13-2008, 12:35 PM
The Wii version of 08 took some getting used to, but now that I've got the hang of it I think it's the best way to play. I don't know if I'm gonna buy Madden 09 or get NCAA 09.

Emerson1
07-13-2008, 12:52 PM
How did you get that?
Connections

Keith7
07-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Madden Player Ratings have been out for awhile now - see link below

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

Keith7
07-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Here is another site with the player ratings (it is a little easier to see them here)

Click here (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/882/882358p1.html)

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Connections

Doesn't someone on the board test games for EA, or am I just making that up?

PHS Wildcats
07-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The Wii version of 08 took some getting used to, but now that I've got the hang of it I think it's the best way to play. I don't know if I'm gonna buy Madden 09 or get NCAA 09.

I'm getting both for PS3:clap:

Emerson1
07-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Doesn't someone on the board test games for EA, or am I just making that up?
I hope not. I would have to punch them in the face

Old Tiger
07-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Doesn't someone on the board test games for EA, or am I just making that up? yes there is always someone on a message board that test games for EA and gets them early or they know someone who has the game weeks in advance :D:D

crzyjournalist03
07-17-2008, 09:59 AM
I have a reviewers copy of the game.

He is in the game as an NFL Great.

If you release Madden from the NFL Greats team, he becomes a free agent and you can sign him to any team in your franchise modes.

Necks_Fan
08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Comes out in a few hours right? Midnight?

I think it does, and I have mine on reserve but GameStop hasnt called me about it yet.....

Anyway, who's all going to get it?

DDBooger
08-11-2008, 02:32 PM
me, trading in NCAA 09, never gonna play it now that I will have madden

crzyjournalist03
08-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Comes out in a few hours right? Midnight?

I think it does, and I have mine on reserve but GameStop hasnt called me about it yet.....

Anyway, who's all going to get it?

I got a call from GameStop this morning saying that Madden 09 would be arriving tomorrow night...I'm hoping that it was just confused, because it's supposed to be out tomorrow, and I can't go pick it up at night.

Emerson1
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
It's comes out tonight at midnight so it might of been thinking just 1 min past today.

I know mine is having a big midnight release, so are all wal marts. Getting it tomorrow after I get off I think

DDBooger
08-11-2008, 06:12 PM
It's comes out tonight at midnight so it might of been thinking just 1 min past today.

I know mine is having a big midnight release, so are all wal marts. Getting it tomorrow after I get off I think do you like NCAA in comparison to the past ones Emerson? do you think they dumbed down the defense too much?

Emerson1
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes and yes

I was going to trade it in for madden but I will wait and see how the patch is come september.

DDBooger
08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Yes and yes

I was going to trade it in for madden but I will wait and see how the patch is come september. it frustrated me beyond belief man. and every year ncaa just sits on my shelf once madden comes out...heard anything about the new madden? pros cons?

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan Comes out Aug 12. I have mine on reserve for PS3.The game looks really cool but Collinsworth is the commentator. :hand: Regardless, I can't wait for it to come out. Anyway, I wonder what Adrian Peterson's ranking will be. 93?

Same, Wal-Mart is having a tournament after it comes out but its only on 360, I hate Xbox. I have one and it hasnt been turned on in like a year prolly, im seriously thinking about giving it to someone lol.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan Comes out Aug 12. I have mine on reserve for PS3.The game looks really cool but Collinsworth is the commentator. :hand: Regardless, I can't wait for it to come out. Anyway, I wonder what Adrian Peterson's ranking will be. 93?

I think i'll go to wal-mart now and wait for midnight, or see how long the line is...:thinking: theres prolly no one there

Diocletian
08-11-2008, 10:39 PM
When you guys get the game I need someone to check one small thing for me....

1. Can you use custom/created plays in Franchise Mode?

This feature has been taken out of the PS version for the last 2 years...

The one thing I always loved about the old games is that I can sit there for 5+ hours making my own custom plays, then use them in multiple seasons/franchise mode.

crzyjournalist03
08-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
When you guys get the game I need someone to check one small thing for me....

1. Can you use custom/created plays in Franchise Mode?

This feature has been taken out of the PS version for the last 2 years...

The one thing I always loved about the old games is that I can sit there for 5+ hours making my own custom plays, then use them in multiple seasons/franchise mode.

Haven't gotten it yet...I'll pick it up on my lunch break at work. But from what I've read, all "Create-a-" features have been removed for a few years and aren't returning this year.

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
I got it and noticed that I can't find find Brett Favre..... Is there any way to get him on the Jets other than cvreating a player named Brett Favre?

DDBooger
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
I got it and noticed that I can't find find Brett Favre..... Is there any way to get him on the Jets other than cvreating a player named Brett Favre? is he under free agents?

WylieBulldog92
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
I got it and noticed that I can't find find Brett Favre..... Is there any way to get him on the Jets other than cvreating a player named Brett Favre?
It shouldn't take too long for roster updates to come out.

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
is he under free agents? Not that I can see.....

And WB, I don't have online at my house.....

DDBooger
08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
crap, i'm on my way to get it, I'll see if im any help with this. Emerson is a EA nerd he'd know.

crzyjournalist03
08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Not that I can see.....

And WB, I don't have online at my house.....

Go to the "Legends" team under rosters, find Favre, and release him from the legends. He'll then go into the FA pool where you can sign him to any team.

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Lol. Only problem is, that he is 25 Y/o on the game and is a 99 OVR.

:hand:

coach
08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
has anybody realized that this is the first white man on the cover

Old Tiger
08-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by coach
has anybody realized that this is the first white man on the cover yup besides madden ;)

it also means he'll get hurt...hell the whole GB situation is part of the curse.....lol

crzyjournalist03
08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Lol. Only problem is, that he is 25 Y/o on the game and is a 99 OVR.

:hand:

Well, if you had online, the roster update would fix it.

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Well, if you had online, the roster update would fix it. Lol. Yea..... That's what I get for being in the boonies...

Some of those cats online are REALLY good..... back when i had online my record versus people was like 4-10. Some of those were really bad losses too. I never claimed to be a madden nerd who is really good.

My pass D is garbage and I found that it is pretty hard to run the ball successfully. Much harder than in years past. Maybe I'm just not very good.:(

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Let me explain my thoughts on Madden 09 and see if I can get a little help or tips.

1. I think they CPU D blitzes WAY too often to be realistic.
2. I think the inside the tackles running game needs work. Since when do players get smashed by 3-4 defenders in a giant hole in the middle of the line.
3. I don't like how slower players can beat faster players to the corner.
4.I think the special teams has taken a step backward, rather than forward.

Now for the positives,

1. The passing game is great. Although my pass D sucks, it's still very realistic.
2. I like the style of playcalling as well as the optional replay instead of a replay just popping up every now and then.
3. I like the "my skills" feature.
4. I like the tempo the game is played at..... quick.
5. Graphics/animation....

things that are blah.....

1. Blocking, sometimes very realistic and others it makes me wonder.....
2. Collinsworth as the commentator
3. Dominant players dont seem so dominant in gameplay.....

Can anybody give me some tips to help out my Pass D and help my running game a little..... I'm averaging 2-3 ypc..... Not all that great...

I know some smart a$$ is going to come in and just say I suck...... So this is for you in advance.....

Shut up.

DU_stud04
08-12-2008, 08:38 PM
they need to make this game for my super nintendo....unless that snyder kid wants to give me his 360 he doesnt want. ill be more than happy to take it off your hands :)

still rather have it for ps3..... meh

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
they need to make this game for my super nintendo....unless that snyder kid wants to give me his 360 he doesnt want. ill be more than happy to take it off your hands :)

still rather have it for ps3..... meh I have a PS3, never did like xBox..... couldnt get used to that controller.

DU_stud04
08-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I have a PS3, never did like xBox..... couldnt get used to that controller. didnt mind the controller, just always liked sports games better on ps2/3, most other games i like on xbox. i really liked my original xbox..... one of my friends in the dorm gave it to me when it broke... around the time the 360 came out. got it working and did some juggernaut upgrades to it :D i did a soft mod to it(no mod chip, rewrote the programing and made a new load page) , added a usb connector and added a 500 gig hard drive with lots of programs and movies/tv shows/ games blah blah blah.

coolest thing about it was the custom paint job i did on it, sold it for a pretty penny.... hadnt played it for a long time and decided i wanted money for a guitar instead of something that doesnt get any use. finally sold the other xbox i used for online, didnt fix it up the same, but did repaint it and sold it with all the games.

DU_stud04
08-12-2008, 08:57 PM
nm

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 08:58 PM
didnt mind the controller, just always liked sports games better on ps2/3, most other games i like on xbox. i really liked my original xbox..... one of my friends in the dorm gave it to me when it broke... around the time the 360 came out. got it working and did some juggernaut upgrades to it :D i did a soft mod to it(no mod chip, rewrote the programing and made a new load page) , added a usb connector and added a 500 gig hard drive with lots of programs and movies/tv hows/ games blah blah blah.

coolest thing about it was the custom paint job i did on it, sold it for a pretty penny.... hadnt played it for a long time and decided i wanted money for a guitar instead of something that doesnt get any use. finally sold the other xbox i used for online, didnt fix it up the same, but did repaint it and sold it with all the games. I have always had the PS, 1, 2 and 3.

I usually sell my games to gamestop once I stop playing them and put that towards a new game..... (ie Madden 09)

I traded in NCAA football 09 because I didn't like it much and now I wont play it anymore.

DU_stud04
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I have always had the PS, 1, 2 and 3.

I usually sell my games to gamestop once I stop playing them and put that towards a new game..... (ie Madden 09)

I traded in NCAA football 09 because I didn't like it much and now I wont play it anymore. i was a die hard fan of ncaa and didnt care for madden atall.....untill 2 years ago. started playing madden and now i find myself going back to ncaa and find myself bored. too slow of a game for me.....im not sure, just dont care for it anymore.

Emerson1
08-12-2008, 10:16 PM
i was a die hard fan of ncaa and didnt care for madden atall.....untill 2 years ago. started playing madden and now i find myself going back to ncaa and find myself bored. too slow of a game for me.....im not sure, just dont care for it anymore.
NCAA to slow? Madden plays a lot slow than ncaa, stuff takes forever to delevlop in madden

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Well, I may have turned the page guys.... I won a game vs the Steelers 20-6. They had a grand total of 213 yds. (129 passing)

I forced 4 TO's. 3 pics 1 Fumble.

BTW, I was the Texans.

My first game I won 42-40, I gave up almost 500 yds total offense.

Emerson1
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Now move the difficulty up to All Madden

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Now move the difficulty up to All Madden It has the my skills feature wheer it sets your difficulty for you.

My Run D and pass O are All Madden and pass D and run O are on the 2nd level. It does it automatically.

Emerson1
08-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Did anyone get the CE with NFL Head Coach?

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2008, 10:52 AM
The Wii version is pretty interesting. It's going to take me a week or two to get all the controls down, but most of them make sense. If you lightly toss the Wiimote, it lobs a pass, while if you chunk it hard, the QB throws a bullet. Pretty cool.

Madden and Michaels are the commentators for it, not Collinsworth, which I found very interesting.

Didn't play an entire game thanks to a baby at home, so I'm not sure if it's got the Madden IQ in it or not.

Didn't like the inability to get a d-lineman into the backfield, although that could just be human error at this point. On the other hand, the computer seems to have no problem sacking the QB if you take more than three seconds to throw.

Necks_Fan
08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Didn't like the inability to get a d-lineman into the backfield, although that could just be human error at this point. On the other hand, the computer seems to have no problem sacking the QB if you take more than three seconds to throw. I agree, same thing with PS3.

WylieBulldog92
08-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Did anyone get the CE with NFL Head Coach?
I was thinking about it but thought I'd wait til I had a bit more money.

Keith7
08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I was thinking about it but thought I'd wait til I had a bit more money.

I wanted to but they didn't have it in when I bought it

Emerson1
08-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I debated but went with saving the extra $20

Necks_Fan
08-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I bought the first NFL head coach game and it sucked so bad that I vowed to never buy another.

footballgal
08-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Or you can get it En Espanol

Texas, and RGVs own, Rio Hondo native Roberto Garza, offensive lineman for the Chicago Bears, made the cover!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/jgarcia1107/madden09espanol.jpg

:clap:

Necks_Fan
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Or you can get it En Espanol

Texas, and RGVs own, Rio Hondo native Roberto Garza, offensive lineman for the Chicago Bears, made the cover!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/jgarcia1107/madden09espanol.jpg

:clap: I have honestly never seen a video game in Spanish.......:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2008, 02:45 PM
I have honestly never seen a video game in Spanish.......:thinking:

Madden 08 was in Spanish with Luis Castillo from the Chargers on the cover.

Keith7
08-13-2008, 04:45 PM
My complaints about this game:

1. I'm a poor college student and can't afford a HDTV and I can't stand that I can't see my outside receivers. I'm limited to throwing the ball over the middle 95% of the time. Plus I don't know what players are where when I pick my play because I can't read their numbers.

2. QBs have zero touch on the deep ball, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to throw it deeper than 35 yards with out it becoming a jump ball.

3. Madden moments rosters are this years rosters despite supposed to be reenacting last years games. if nfl QB club can put the right rosters on the teams on their version of "madden moments" back in '95 then certainly the lazy people at EA can do the same in 2008

4. Team jersey getting muddy in the rain is cool, but only to an extent, try playin the redskins versus the browns in the rain and by the end of the game you don't know who is on whos team

5. the "rewind" feature is the worst idea I have ever seen in my life

6. Chris Collinsworth is the most annoying game announcer ever put on a video game

7. Backtrack sucks too

8. Madden IQ makes no sense, and the format it uses makes things more difficult. (why not just use players from your favorite team on a practice field?)

Maybe I just haven't figured the game out yet but I like NCAA's gameplay alot better.. maybe after I get a few games under my belt I will get used to how things work, but until then I think the new and improved madden is a step back.

Emerson1
08-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Did you not play 08? This is a big step forward from that garbage

Emerson1
08-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Your Dallas Cowboys are the 2008-2009 Super Bowl Champions. Defeating the colts 21-14.

To make it even better I was able to draft Michael Crabtree(87 ovr) after trading for the 3rd pick. To make it even better, no cap space forced me to trade Roy Williams so I no longer have him blowing coverage.

Salary Cap I think is still broken. I thought there was a way even if a team was going to be over the salary cap to sign their rookies.

And Dallas fans if you want Pacman on your team you have to create him. Since he hasn't been reinstated he can't be on the game yet.

I downloaded the updated roster, but either when I loaded it to the game it didn't do it for Franchise, or EA just hasn't put Farve on the jets yet and I forgot to do it.

Keith7
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Did you not play 08? This is a big step forward from that garbage

I liked 08 better so far, you could at least see what was going on the field.. funny camera angles and some what over sensitive controls make it hard to play in 09

Emerson1
08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Try turning off their new action cam. It's under settings somewhere

Necks_Fan
08-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
My complaints about this game:

1. I'm a poor college student and can't afford a HDTV and I can't stand that I can't see my outside receivers. I'm limited to throwing the ball over the middle 95% of the time. Plus I don't know what players are where when I pick my play because I can't read their numbers.

2. QBs have zero touch on the deep ball, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to throw it deeper than 35 yards with out it becoming a jump ball.

5. the "rewind" feature is the worst idea I have ever seen in my life

6. Chris Collinsworth is the most annoying game announcer ever put on a video game

7. Backtrack sucks too
I agree with all of this. It makes me mad to not be able to throw deep balls and the fact that I cant see my outside receivers.

Necks_Fan
08-15-2008, 11:09 PM
My passing game sucks royally, and my pass D sucks.

And my Runnig game is not that wonderful either. My run D is the only thin I'm decent at.

This is BS.

Emerson1
08-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Passing is easy, running is difficult up the middle but if you have a speed back you should do alright.

piratebg
08-20-2008, 03:09 PM
The Wii version is pretty interesting. It's going to take me a week or two to get all the controls down, but most of them make sense. If you lightly toss the Wiimote, it lobs a pass, while if you chunk it hard, the QB throws a bullet. Pretty cool.

Madden and Michaels are the commentators for it, not Collinsworth, which I found very interesting.

Didn't play an entire game thanks to a baby at home, so I'm not sure if it's got the Madden IQ in it or not.

Didn't like the inability to get a d-lineman into the backfield, although that could just be human error at this point. On the other hand, the computer seems to have no problem sacking the QB if you take more than three seconds to throw.

It took me a while to get a feel for 08 on the Wii. I'm still undecided if I'm gonna get this one or not. I usually get every other year. Does the Wii version hav ethe Madden IQ?

crzyjournalist03
08-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
It took me a while to get a feel for 08 on the Wii. I'm still undecided if I'm gonna get this one or not. I usually get every other year. Does the Wii version hav ethe Madden IQ?

no...supposedly it has something similar, but I haven't figured it out yet. I've still been playing on pro just to get down the passing motions, and I still can't get a stiff arm to work.

Keith7
08-21-2008, 05:10 PM
After playing the game more I must admit HDTV or not that I do like 09 better than 08 now.. although it makes me mad how hard it is to stop Adrian Peterson and LT, but i'll figure something out

crzyjournalist03
08-21-2008, 05:22 PM
After playing the game more I must admit HDTV or not that I do like 09 better than 08 now.. although it makes me mad how hard it is to stop Adrian Peterson and LT, but i'll figure something out

basic 3-4 under or 4-3 under plays seem to work well for me against the run.

With a guy like Peterson, I blitz about 80% of the time and just leave the defensive backs in man coverage because I know I'm more likely to get to Jackson or Peterson in the backfield than have Jackson complete a deep pass.

Keith7
08-21-2008, 06:10 PM
basic 3-4 under or 4-3 under plays seem to work well for me against the run.

With a guy like Peterson, I blitz about 80% of the time and just leave the defensive backs in man coverage because I know I'm more likely to get to Jackson or Peterson in the backfield than have Jackson complete a deep pass.

what do you do when your opponent passes it to peterson in the flats 50% of the time and cover 2 won't help because AD shrugs my cornerbacks off everytime

Keith7
08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
man now i'll never get a reply

crzyjournalist03
08-22-2008, 08:44 AM
man now i'll never get a reply

yeah...that play sucks...I had a guy run it on me online four or five times in a row before I got a d-lineman in the backfield to tip the passes. You can try spotlighting Peterson pre-snap so you'll get a little boost if he catches it, but you might want to try a cover 3 because the safeties or linebackers should slide over to give some protection.