PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when

hawkfan
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
You go fishing and don't catch anything?

But I guess the saying is true: A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

GreenMonster
07-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Amen to that! I got shut out each of my last 2 outings. I think I might just go try my hand again tonight.

Necks_Fan
07-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan

But I guess the saying is true: A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. I only go fishing when I know I can catch some fish. (Good weather, nice water/ wind, etc.)

On top of that, I have the Honey hole for perfect shrimp and a good fishing spot. At my spot last night, the game warden came and wrote this guy a ticket for having 30 over his limit and 32 small trout.........:doh:

Those are what $75-$250 each? I bet he's feeling really good about right now.

zebrablue2
07-13-2008, 09:22 AM

But I guess the saying is true: A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

that saying is correct:iagree:

hawkfan
07-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I only go fishing when I know I can catch some fish. (Good weather, nice water/ wind, etc.)

I had all of that.

Necks_Fan
07-13-2008, 11:30 AM
I had all of that. Well, you need a different bait or place to fish then.

hawkfan
07-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Well, you need a different bait or place to fish then.

Your right, not having a boat really hurts. I'll just have to wait till i'm 90 so I can afford one then

Necks_Fan
07-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Your right, not having a boat really hurts. I'll just have to wait till i'm 90 so I can afford one then We have a boat, we just don't use it. I fish SLPFP and I take my friends' boat out under the bridge and whack some fish over there too. At the front of the pier is a great place for flounder as well as wading back in the bay. I also have 2 winter time fishing holes for trout. Last year me and my stepdad caught 6 trout over 25 inches there in one day.

popcorn screen
07-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Go old school on them and hook a minnow up followed by a bobber. It reminds me of being a kid. When that bobber goes down, you have no idea how big the fish is until you start reeling. I always throw that off to the side while I fish my other rigs.

zebrablue2
07-13-2008, 07:01 PM

last spring a buddy, my son a I went to a stock pond, about 3 acs. in april. a front had blown in and it was in the 50's with a 20-30 mph north wind. alan caught a 8lb-13oz bass which we released. all together we caught about 24 bass. was a not good day as far as weather goes, but the fish did not know that. any day is a good day.. go when you can...

Tiger Turtle
07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
As my ol' Daddy used to say, "Son, you're just not holding your mouth right..."