PDA

View Full Version : State Lineman Challenge

watz4dinner
07-12-2008, 02:52 PM
What teams are in the challenge today. I only know of China Spring, Glen Rose, and Hillsboro. Anybody going to have updates?

GreenMonster
07-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Just so everyone knows, this meet is not sponsored nor recognized by www.TheLinemanChallenge.com. Jeremy Colvert runs TheLinemanChallenge.com and is the Offensive Coordinator at Dallas W.T. White High School and is formerly of Mart HS. He is one of the true originators of these type of events and is in the process of putting together a plan to have a State Meet in the near future.

Thanks,
GreenMonster

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2008, 05:49 PM
I knew about the "official" lineman challenge program, but had no clue there was any type of state thingy, official or not. How the heck does one get invited/enrolled/whatever to this?

GreenMonster
07-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by watz4dinner
Anybody going to have updates?

Apparently, NO. Just to elaborate on my earlier post, Coach Colvert is planning to put on his very own state meet in the near future. He will streamline the events and have SQT's just like 7-on-7. He wants the state meet to be free for participants other than their own travel and lodging expenses. If you go to his website, www.thelinemanchallenge.com you can see that he hosts and sponsors quite a few meets in a wide array of locations from across the state. For anyone that has never been to a lineman challenge you need to go take one in. You will see why all of the linemen type kids love it.

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2008, 10:51 PM
GM, I LOVE lineman challenge! :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Apparently, NO. Just to elaborate on my earlier post, Coach Colvert is planning to put on his very own state meet in the near future. He will streamline the events and have SQT's just like 7-on-7. He wants the state meet to be free for participants other than their own travel and lodging expenses. If you go to his website, www.thelinemanchallenge.com you can see that he hosts and sponsors quite a few meets in a wide array of locations from across the state. For anyone that has never been to a lineman challenge you need to go take one in. You will see why all of the linemen type kids love it.

I remember we went to one in Giddings my senior year and dominated. It was awesome.

ProudHornetMom
07-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
GM, I LOVE lineman challenge! :) :iagree:

LH Panther Mom
07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I remember we went to one in Giddings
We went to one there 2 summers ago. We didn't get invited back. :(