PDA

View Full Version : My 8th day of 9 straight

Necks_Fan
07-12-2008, 07:33 AM
working.......

Ugh...

This sucks.

But I might work Monday too. I can't wait for a day off.

zebrablue2
07-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
working.......

Ugh...

This sucks.

But I might work Monday too. I can't wait for a day off.

making a lot of $$$$$$ though right????

Necks_Fan
07-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
making a lot of $$$$$$ though right???? Yea, OT is nice and I been working with my gramps too making just about double what I do at my reg job. I have been getting paid nice, but I'm more than ready for a day off.

We were doing construction on the 2nd floor of Hastings High School and I had to carry 5 gallon buckets of Cement upstairs. That was no fun. Talk about being tired after that.

mac77
07-12-2008, 01:33 PM
B-man, welcome to real life. See what you have to look forward to if ya don't finish your edumacation!

Necks_Fan
07-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by mac77
B-man, welcome to real life. See what you have to look forward to if ya don't finish your edumacation! Oh it'll get done. This just buys me a new car and gas money til then. I don't get things handed to me like some kids. When you work for your money and buy your own things, you appreciate it alot more. My question is, how would these kids feel that wrecked those brand new 2008 Mustangs if they had paid for them by themselves? My guess is not too good, but seeing as how their parents bought em........eh, not a big deal. Daddy will get me a new one. That burns me up like no other.

I don't know, always had it kinda tough and bought my own things and appreciation is one thing I learned early on.

Necks_Fan
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Hell, I got my education and then some, and STILL work 100+ hour weeks, usually 8-10 weeks in a row. Where did I go wrong? LOL Lol. I don't know. I do know that is a TON of OT. Lol. You better be getting a pretty penny for that.

Emerson1
07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
I get to work 10-5....in the morning

Fal44
07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I work grave-yard.. 12-8.. not bad at all...

RMAC
07-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Working for TxDOT for my 3rd summer now has definitely taught me to love how peaceful it is at 4 in the morning.

GreenMonster
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Get paid about 75 cents an hour when you put a pencil to it. Impressive, huh? Must be a Coach. Great benefits, crappy hours, and an excellent vacation. I love getting paid for what my hobby would be if I had some other job.

STANG RED
07-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Oh it'll get done. This just buys me a new car and gas money til then. I don't get things handed to me like some kids. When you work for your money and buy your own things, you appreciate it alot more. My question is, how would these kids feel that wrecked those brand new 2008 Mustangs if they had paid for them by themselves? My guess is not too good, but seeing as how their parents bought em........eh, not a big deal. Daddy will get me a new one. That burns me up like no other.

I don't know, always had it kinda tough and bought my own things and appreciation is one thing I learned early on.

As important as work is, just make sure to take some time to enjoy life once in a while. Your only young once, and it doesnt last nearly long enough. Enjoy it all you can while you can.;)