footballgal
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi there!

I just had the NEED to see a thread about Port Isabel. :D

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/forums/images/smilies/spamy.gif

Phil C
07-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi!

And don't forget that just across the bridge at Port Isabel you enter South Padre Island, Texas and the great Pelican West Band is located just south of the Radisson Hotel.

DDBooger
07-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hi!

And don't forget that just across the bridge at Port Isabel you enter South Padre Island, Texas and the great Pelican West Band is located just south of the Radisson Hotel. you never let me down! :clap: :thumbsup: lmao

footballgal
07-11-2008, 03:13 PM
It's never a dull moment with Phil.

http://images.absolutepunk.net/images/smilies/Standard/goodpost.gif

ronwx5x
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi!

And don't forget that just across the bridge at Port Isabel you enter South Padre Island, Texas and the great Pelican West Band is located just south of the Radisson Hotel.

Is there an echo in here? Helloooooooooooooooooooooo.

WOS87
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Here ya go! The RGV people have already seen it, but for those unaware, as far as historical best goes in South Texas, PI rules the roost

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/rgv/rgvdynasty.gif

Fal44
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
PI is one of the few teams we actually play well, if I remember correctly...

WOS87
07-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Not exactly a who's who list among football powerhouses, there. :thinking:

You've got 1 state championship among every name listed combined....

Donna 1961

nfcfan
07-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
You've got 1 state championship among every name listed combined....

Donna 1961

Wos87 pull up How many RGV teams reached the semis?-out of that crazy database you got going

:cool:

WOS87
07-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by nfcfan
Wos87 pull up How many RGV teams reached the semis?-out of that crazy database you got going

RGV teams are 3-12 in Semifinal games all-time
Port Isabel is the only one to have played in 3 of them

Region Champions from the RGV

1951 - Brownsville Hanna in 3A
1951 - Donna in 2A
1952 - McAllen in 3A
1953 - Edinburg in 3A
1954 - McAllen in 3A
1955 - Weslaco in 2A
1961 - San Benito in 3A
1961 - Donna in 2A (beat Brady in semis)
1962 - Pharr-San Juan-Alamo in 3A (beat Orange Stark in semis)
1963 - Pharr-San Juan-Alamo in 3A (beat La Marque in semis)
1981 - Port Isabel in 3A
1990 - Mission in 5A
1994 - Port Isabel in 3A
1999 - Edinburg in 5A
2003 - Port Isabel in 3A

nfcfan
07-12-2008, 10:16 PM
RGV teams are 3-12 in Semifinal games all-time
Port Isabel is the only one to have played in 3 of them

Region Champions from the RGV

1951 - Brownsville Hanna in 3A
1951 - Donna in 2A
1952 - McAllen in 3A
1953 - Edinburg in 3A
1954 - McAllen in 3A
1955 - Weslaco in 2A
1961 - San Benito in 3A
1961 - Donna in 2A (beat Brady in semis)
1962 - Pharr-San Juan-Alamo in 3A (beat Orange Stark in semis)
1963 - Pharr-San Juan-Alamo in 3A (beat La Marque in semis)
1981 - Port Isabel in 3A
1990 - Mission in 5A
1994 - Port Isabel in 3A
1999 - Edinburg in 5A
2003 - Port Isabel in 3A

13 yrs since PIs first and second semi appearances

9yrs since PIs second and third appearance

so according to the stars... expect PI to make it to the semis in 2008!

:stirpot:

Runnin Panther
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Port Isabel was really good in 1981/82.

popcorn screen
07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
played aginst them in the early 80's in a playoff game. We beat them, but they were tougher than nails. Regardless of the playoff wins or lack therof, PI plays decent ball year in and year out. Valley teams and the Laredo area get dogged about playoff time, but I think a 5A sleeper could be Laredo United. They are coming on.

IHStangFan
07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Not exactly a who's who list among football powerhouses, there. :thinking: exactly what I was thinking. Exactly how hard is it to make the playoffs out of that district? :thinking:

Bull Butter
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
exactly what I was thinking. Exactly how hard is it to make the playoffs out of that district? :thinking:

You never seem to dissappoint in your endless quest to take pot-shots at Port Isabel.:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
07-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
You never seem to dissappoint in your endless quest to take pot-shots at Port Isabel.:rolleyes: nah...not so much just Port Isabel, but the RGV in general, but thanks for noticing. :clap:

NewYorkYankee
07-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Its all good let him talk we will see how many pot shots he will keep on talking after they play Rio Hondo ;)

CenTexSports
07-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Is Rio Hondo in Texas or Mexico?

pirate4state
07-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

:confused: Is this a trick question? :rolleyes:

Phil C
07-15-2008, 01:23 PM

It is in Texas. It is located about ten miles east of Harlingen. Rio Hondo is also located about 34 miles from South Padre Island , Texas which is just across the bridge from Port Isabel. Lots of fun at the beach and other entertainment at South Padre Island, Texas which is also the where the great Pelican West band play at their place located just south of the Radisson Hotel.

Phil C
07-15-2008, 01:25 PM
The Rio Hondo in Texas is a small city. There is a Rio Hondo river in Mexico which borders Mexico and Beilize.

Phil C
07-15-2008, 01:31 PM
exactly what I was thinking. Exactly how hard is it to make the playoffs out of that district? :thinking:

They have had some success in the past. I remember in the 70s Freer won some good close playoff games against them in the 70s three times. The last time Freer had a 3 - 5 - 2 district record played Hondo with a 4-5-1 record. Only district champs advanced then but all the teams game in district games and the two teams were able to make the playoffs and played first against each other. It was a defensive game as neither team could hardly move the ball but Freer scored and lead 7 to 0 at half. Late in the third quarter Rio Hondo scored and it was 7 to 6 but since Freer was ahead in statistics they went for two and didn't get it and that was the final score. Rio Hondo has had some success in basketball fairly recently.

DDBooger
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Lots of fun at the beach and other entertainment at South Padre Island, Texas which is also the where the great Pelican West band play at their place located just south of the Radisson Hotel. :clap: :thumbsup:

WOS87
07-15-2008, 02:45 PM
District 32-3A

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/3a/3a32.gif

Maroon87
07-15-2008, 02:53 PM

Dude....seriously?

Maroon87
07-15-2008, 02:54 PM
nah...not so much just Port Isabel, but the RGV in general, but thanks for noticing. :clap:

Didn't you go to Ingleside?:thinking:

Runnin Panther
07-15-2008, 03:13 PM
They have had some success in the past. I remember in the 70s Freer won some good close playoff games against them in the 70s three times. The last time Freer had a 3 - 5 - 2 district record played Hondo with a 4-5-1 record. Only district champs advanced then but all the teams game in district games and the two teams were able to make the playoffs and played first against each other. It was a defensive game as neither team could hardly move the ball but Freer scored and lead 7 to 0 at half. Late in the third quarter Rio Hondo scored and it was 7 to 6 but since Freer was ahead in statistics they went for two and didn't get it and that was the final score. Rio Hondo has had some success in basketball fairly recently.

Freer’s Head Coach in the 70’s was Port Isabel’s Head Coach in the early 80’s. Also, Steve McMichael (all pro defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears) played in Freer in the 70’s.

footballgal
07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah I agree NFC this season should be IMO one of those breakout year with next yr being better... but hey you never know the team might gel just in time for the playoffs. The Tarpons have some great prospects coming in. IMO the most important factor is that the lines come around... specifically our defense, as we all know it ends and starts with the line on both sides of the ball.

The defense hasn't been up to par, since the death of PI Icon Coach Villarreal. But then again, you need certain personnel to run a certain type of D. I just hope the new DC whoever that may be, brings the defense up a notch with the new personnel coming in and brings back the Seawall Defense!

Who is the new DC anyways since the departure of Coach Birchum????

GreenMonster
07-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Everytime I think of Port Isbel I think of the PTI guys because of the helmet logo.

IHStangFan
07-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
Its all good let him talk we will see how many pot shots he will keep on talking after they play Rio Hondo ;) Nah, pretty sure Ingleside is not going to be where they've been in recent years, Rio Hondo will take that game but again, is that saying much over a down Ingleside team? I'll be curious to see the Rio Hondo/Cuero outcome as it will be their only real test against a quality opponent.

popcorn screen
07-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Freer had 3 folks play professional ball of those mid to late 70's teams. The Acker boys, one pitched for the Braves, and the other played with the Bills. Steve played with DA BEARS! I just read in D. Campbells that there is an Acker playing in Freer. I wonder if all 3 former live there?

Bull Butter
07-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Nah, pretty sure Ingleside is not going to be where they've been in recent years, Rio Hondo will take that game but again, is that saying much over a down Ingleside team? I'll be curious to see the Rio Hondo/Cuero outcome as it will be their only real test against a quality opponent.

He's already making excuses. Anything to avoid giving credit to an RGV team. Especially one that's made the semis 3 times in the time his team has made it once. (Oh, did I mention that one year Ingleside made the semis, they blew out La Feria by a whopping THREE points????)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-17-2008, 01:22 AM
He's already making excuses. Anything to avoid giving credit to an RGV team. Especially one that's made the semis 3 times in the time his team has made it once. (Oh, did I mention that one year Ingleside made the semis, they blew out La Feria by a whopping THREE points????)

By the way, wasn't La Feria the THIRD PLACE TEAM that year too???

Runnin Panther
07-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Freer had 3 folks play professional ball of those mid to late 70's teams. The Acker boys, one pitched for the Braves, and the other played with the Bills. Steve played with DA BEARS! I just read in D. Campbells that there is an Acker playing in Freer. I wonder if all 3 former live there?

Jim Acker still lives in Freer, Bill Acker either lives in Freer or Alice, not 100% sure. Last I heard Steve was back in Chicago. All three were great athletes. I wish Jimbo would have gone the football route instead of baseball, he was a hell’va QB.

footballgal
07-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Stop fighting kids! :D

http://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/airplane.gifLET THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN!

http://www.emofaces.com/en/buddy-icons/z/zeppelin-buddy-icon.gif29 DAYS BEFORE TARPON FOOTBALL BEGINS!!

PI will have it's first scrimmage against 32-5A Harlingen Cardinals on Aug. 16, 2008.

footballgal
07-17-2008, 08:26 AM

Why do I remember there being a sign in town with their names. I just realized, I haven't seen it in years, is it still up Phil??

Bull Butter
07-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Jim Acker still lives in Freer, Bill Acker either lives in Freer or Alice, not 100% sure. Last I heard Steve was back in Chicago. All three were great athletes. I wish Jimbo would have gone the football route instead of baseball, he was a hell’va QB.

I don't know about that.........Jim had a pretty decent career in baseball. Pitched in the Major Leagues for 10 seasons.

IHStangFan
07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
He's already making excuses. Anything to avoid giving credit to an RGV team. Especially one that's made the semis 3 times in the time his team has made it once. (Oh, did I mention that one year Ingleside made the semis, they blew out La Feria by a whopping THREE points????) Quality opponents and quality of schedule..... If Rio Hondo stays within 20 points of Cuero I'll be impressed. And let me be honest here, the only reason I say that now, or anytime in the past is because every year a Rio Hondo or a PI is ranked in the top 25 and even the top 10 because they went 10-0 in district, with all kinds hoopla and talk only to NOT be there at the end of the season...or if they are and they make a "playoff run", they usually get a very soft road coming out of the bottom of Reg. IV. It will be no surprise to me if Rio Hondo beats Ingleside but it wouldn't surprise me either if they didn't beat Ingleside. With that said, I just don't think Rio Hondo, PI, etc. is on the par with a West Orange Stark, a Jasper, a Gilmer, a Navasota, a LH, etc. They do not have the athletes to match up. Sorry, I'm not hating, it's just how I feel...but..it's just an opinion, so lighten up. The one thing that cracks me up about you valley people is that you have no tolerance for anyone that don't see things exactly your way. If we're not agreeing with you and telling you RGV football is great, you want to call us out on it. Well, here I am, I think RGV football is sub par to the elite teams in the state with one or two exceptions in the FIFTIES...it's always been that way. And I'm not impressed with how many times PI has made the playoffs...I think their road is easy because their district and surrounding districts are weaker than many other districts in the state where a 7-3 team that might not even make the playoffs is probably better than a 10-0 valley team. That's my opinion, take it or leave it, but don't harass me for expressing it.

Thanks.

Bull Butter
07-17-2008, 10:57 PM
, I just don't think Rio Hondo, PI, etc. is on the par with a West Orange Stark, a Jasper, a Gilmer, a Navasota, a LH, etc. They do not have the athletes to match up.
Thanks.

2003 3rd Round
Port Isabel 35 Liberty Hill 27

IHStangFan
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
2003 3rd Round
Port Isabel 35 Liberty Hill 27 And in 1996 Ingleside beat PI...SO WHAT!! and year before last Ingleside beat Rio Hondo ..and who was it...Zapata? Again...BIG DEAL. OVERALL BIG PICTURE, I think RGV and Reg. IV football (with Cuero as the exception) is sub par. I wouldn't expect you to know the difference though, you have to get out and actually SEE some of the other teams to be able to make a level-headed comparison.

Reg. II & III <---------

RGV <---------

Bull Butter
07-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then; but he'll never get fat.
Why don't you ask someone who was at that game that day if PI was a blind hog who found an acorn?

IHStangFan
07-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then; but he'll never get fat. Hey ETB...don't worry about it.....you'll find the RGV people....especially this guy likes to always revert back to the last time PI or another RGV team beat somebody ...and its always..."in 2003 we did this" or "in 1999....." But you never see a string of success...it's spotty at best with the exception of "well PI has made the playoffs 5227 times in a row playing OTHER RGV teams who historically are not quality opponents"

Bull Butter
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
And in 1996 Ingleside beat PI...SO WHAT!!

And I give Ingleside all the credit in the world for what they did that night. They had a heck of a team and Bubba Jackson was an absolute STUD. I think he carried the ball 37 times that night and was pretty much unstoppable.

It's too bad you can't give PI any credit for beating Ingleside in 2004. If I remember correctly, you talked all kinds of smack before the game and then dissappeared afterward.

IHStangFan
07-17-2008, 11:28 PM
And I give Ingleside all the credit in the world for what they did that night. They had a heck of a team and Bubba Jackson was an absolute STUD. I think he carried the ball 37 times that night and was pretty much unstoppable.

It's too bad you can't give PI any credit for beating Ingleside in 2004. If I remember correctly, you talked all kinds of smack before the game and then dissappeared afterward. Hey...PI has a good team every now and again, so do LOTS of teams in the state. It DOES happen from time to time, but I just don't consider them or RH any kind of perennial powerhouse. Never have, never will. With that said, I've never considered Ingleside one either. They have years here and there where they have a good team, but other than that, not much success historically. But then again, I think the reason I rag on the RGV teams as I do is I guess I get tired of hearing how GREAT they are when, in reality, most years, they are marginally above average at best. Again, I realize that from time to time a pretty good teams comes from the valley, but I'd say other than Cuero, there is no team that comes out of Region IV that has a good chance at being a state contender year after year after year after year. I don't know any other way to explain it really. I just think you guys have a lot softer road through the playoffs than alot of other districts. Honestly man, I'm not trying to be ugly, I was having a little fun at your expense earlier, but in all reality, I don't post these responses to be nasty, it's just me expressing an opinion on a topic I see year after year after year. There's always a RGV team that at the beginning of the season is going to make a state run, there is always some kid from PI that has a nickname like "The Rocket" or some such mess that SUPPOSEDLY runs a 4.3....it just always seems to be the same ole stuff....yet....no state titles down that way in quite some time.

Maroon87
07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
What I meant was that on occassion, the RGV will have an outstanding athlete, or a group of good athletes come through a school and make a decent run. But as for perennial powers, there are none to be found south of the Nueces.

None?:thinking:

Ingleside Fan
07-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
By the way, wasn't La Feria the THIRD PLACE TEAM that year too???

And the year prior (05) to that, Ingleside beat Rio Hondo 38-19 and they were first in the district (32-3A)

Which in 05 we lost Zapata, Orange Grove, Aransas Pass and Sinton.

pirate4state
07-18-2008, 09:09 AM
That's my opinion, take it or leave it, but don't harass me for expressing it.

Thanks.

And all I think they want is for you to quit belittling the accomplishments they HAVE had. Jeez!

I may be of the same opinion as you, but I'm not gonna beat it into the ground like you do. :tongue:

If I had some time I'd love to search through past years and find where you defend Region IV. All of a sudden you move to Region III and it's a whole new ballgame. :hand:

Ingleside Fan
07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I may be of the same opinion as you, but I'm not gonna beat it into the ground like you do. :tongue:

Oh you would beat anything into the ground.;) :p

pirate4state
07-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Oh you would beat anything into the ground.;) :p

Yeah, like Ingleside sucks! :kiss:

Oh, did yall hire a new softball coach yet?

Ingleside Fan
07-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah, like Ingleside sucks! :kiss:

Oh, did yall hire a new softball coach yet?

Dang Pirates always trying to start something!

I hear the assistant/JV coach is moving up. :D

pirate4state
07-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Dang Pirates always trying to start something!

I hear the assistant/JV coach is moving up. :D

Phil will be so happy! LOL

Ingleside Fan
07-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Phil will be so happy! LOL

"Rifle Arm" isn't that her nickname?:thinking:

footballgal
07-18-2008, 10:05 AM
"We don't care what you say, we're gonna beat you anyways!" :D

http://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/happyguy.gif http://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/wiggle.gifhttp://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/wooty.gifhttp://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/bliss.gifhttp://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/pompoms.gifhttp://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/wired.gifhttp://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gifhttp://www.getonthatplane.com/forums/images/smilies/jive.gif

."GO TARPONS GO!"

AP Panther Fan
07-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
"We don't care what you say, we're gonna beat you anyways!" :D

LOL....this thread sure took an unexpected turn, huh? You handled it nicely!:D

I remember a few years back watching Zapata play Sinton in Corpus Christi. Zapata had some crazy, spirited fans. Funny, I remember the fans, but not who won the game.;)

footballgal
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
yep, I am past that, IHStangFan and I have an understanding, or was that someone else :thinking: :D

Maroon87
07-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL....this thread sure took an unexpected turn, huh? You handled it nicely!:D

I thought so too. Don't let a few wanna be know it all elitists cramp your enthusiasm.

WOS87
07-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Go TARPONS!!

:devil:

Maroon87
07-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Go TARPONS!!

:devil:

WOS I was certainly not referring to you in my previous statement. You're the downlow stat guru. Keep up the solid work.:thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
07-18-2008, 09:24 PM

Which in 05 we lost Zapata, Orange Grove, Aransas Pass and Sinton.

Ohhhh, I remember that! It was the highlight of my year! Year before, (when we lost) I don't think I ate for two days!:D

IHStangFan
07-18-2008, 09:48 PM
And all I think they want is for you to quit belittling the accomplishments they HAVE had. Jeez!

If I had some time I'd love to search through past years and find where you defend Region IV. All of a sudden you move to Region III and it's a whole new ballgame. :hand: as stated above, sometimes you have to get out and see other things to put it all into perspective. :)

IHStangFan
07-18-2008, 09:51 PM
yep, I am past that, IHStangFan and I have an understanding, or was that someone else :thinking: :D LOL...it's you and I. Feel free to bash Ingleside at will, P4S never lets me down. Yet, she can come in here and tell me to quit "belittling" the RGV teams when I simply expressed my opinion but "Ingleside sucks" is acceptable behavior? :D

Gotcha Rita! LOL.

AP Panther Fan
07-18-2008, 09:52 PM
as stated above, sometimes you have to get out and see other things to put it all into perspective. :)

Remember your roots, darn it!;)

coach
07-18-2008, 09:55 PM
am i the only one who every time i look at this thread i have to do a double take bc i think it says tampons?

Maroon87
07-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Remember your roots, darn it!;)

Amen!:cool:

IHStangFan
07-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Remember your roots, darn it!;) I AM!! We're actually on our way to Tombstone, AZ now!! (ya know, the whole Clanton thing) We had to stop for the night in Ozona, TX as I had an English literary paper due at midnight tonight, so we stopped so I could submit it online! Online college classes, what will they think of next!!! LOL.

AP Panther Fan
07-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by coach
am i the only one who every time i look at this thread i have to do a double take bc i think it says tampons?

darn, you just reminded me of something to put on the Walmart list....:p

and IHS...Tombstone...WTH....you are a Jackson too!

coach
07-18-2008, 10:01 PM

and IHS...Tombstone...WTH....you are a Jackson too!

good thing i said something

IHStangFan
07-18-2008, 10:01 PM

and IHS...Tombstone...WTH....you are a Jackson too! yeah, but I AM a Clanton, and I DID live in Tombstone for 2 yrs. We're actually goin out to get our horses and remainder of our belongings that have been in storage out there for over a year now. That whole having a baby thing kinda got in the way of us getting out there to retrieve them in a timely manner.

AP Panther Fan
07-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by coach
good thing i said something

darn right...and thank you!:D

IHS, when am I going to see some more pics of Jetta (without the evil red eye thing)? She must be growing faster than you would like! Where do I send the pom poms too? They will be blue and silver.;)

IHStangFan
07-18-2008, 10:13 PM
darn right...and thank you!:D

IHS, when am I going to see some more pics of Jetta (without the evil red eye thing)? She must be growing faster than you would like! Where do I send the pom poms too? They will be blue and silver.;) just posted a couple in a new thread :)

Ingleside Fan
07-19-2008, 06:02 AM
Ohhhh, I remember that! It was the highlight of my year! Year before, (when we lost) I don't think I ate for two days!:D

By two points! But a Win is a Win!

:)

pirate4state
07-19-2008, 09:14 AM
as stated above, sometimes you have to get out and see other things to put it all into perspective. :) I think I saw more games than you last year and they were not limited to Region IV so my perspective is just fine.

I don't think I told you to stop anything. Like anything I say could make you stop! :tongue: :D

LOL...it's you and I. Feel free to bash Ingleside at will, P4S never lets me down. Yet, she can come in here and tell me to quit "belittling" the RGV teams when I simply expressed my opinion but "Ingleside sucks" is acceptable behavior?

Gotcha Rita! LOL.

Of course. I don't really think yall (looks like I can't use yall when speaking of Ingleside) suck. How could I when Ingleside has taken over the district in football? Whether or not they can consistently stay at the top like big boys is yet to be determined. Looks like it might be 2 years and pop goes the weasel! :cool:

Ingleside Fan
07-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state Looks like it might be 2 years and pop goes the weasel! :cool: [/B]

Always Hate'n and stirring the pot. :devil:

nfcfan
07-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I'd say other than Cuero, there is no team that comes out of Region IV that has a good chance at being a state contender year after year after year after year.

I just think you guys have a lot softer road through the playoffs than alot of other districts.
...yet....no state titles down that way in quite some time.

First off this thread was just a 'are you ready for some football!' thread, then wos87 puts up some historical stats and you just hijacked the thread lol!

How did Cuero get involved? lmao

Seriously though, in regards to the "softer road" i tend to agree with u to some extent, considering Ingleside's new district is PI's first playoff district on the 'road to state'. The same district PI has a 7yr consecutive bi-district win streak!

footballgal
07-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Everytime I think of Port Isbel I think of the PTI guys because of the helmet logo.
Oh yeah! "Parton the Interruption"!

popcorn screen
07-20-2008, 04:25 PM

Now that right there is funny I dont care who you are.....:D

Ingleside Fan
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM

Newbies! :taunt:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah! "Pardon the Interruption"!

Fixed for correction.

Old Tiger
07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
It would be nice to see PI get over the hump

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Man, if Port Isabel ever makes it to the title game......you may see a full stadium....even Alamodome....and it'll be freakin' awesome to see.

(Cue Ingleside Fan hatred in 3.....2.....1.....)

Johnny 5
07-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Hell, if any RGV team made it it would be packed. The whole RGV would be there.

Ingleside Fan
07-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Man, if Port Isabel ever makes it to the title game......you may see a full stadium....even Alamodome....and it'll be freakin' awesome to see.

(Cue Ingleside Fan hatred in 3.....2.....1.....)

No Hate'n here! Maybe sarcasm. :D :rolleyes: Life is to short to hate. Maybe you just want to :stirpot: ? I would be proud of any Region IV team that made it to the big game!;)