PDA

View Full Version : My dad

coach
07-11-2008, 01:12 PM
bought me my first beer last night..i was shocked bc he is very stricit about drinking..does anybody recall when their dad's did this..any good stories?

kaorder1999
07-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by coach
bought me my first beer last night..i was shocked bc he is very stricit about drinking..does anybody recall when their dad's did this..any good stories?

what? He bought alcohol for a minor? haha...jk

coach
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
lol thats what i said..we were at the ranger game and was like wanna beer?

kaorder1999
07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by coach
lol thats what i said..we were at the ranger game and was like wanna beer?

lol...thats awesome

blowfish
07-11-2008, 01:17 PM
I think I bought my dad his first beer...:devil:

Old Dog
07-11-2008, 01:50 PM
When I was teenager, my dad kept beer in the frig at home. He said if you want a beer, this is where it best comes from and drank, otherwise there will be hell to pay!!!! He trusted me and I never did otherwise..........

Bull's-eye
07-11-2008, 04:26 PM
My grandmother would put a little beer in our baby bottles. She said it was good for us and made us sleep better. :sleeping:

pirate4state
07-11-2008, 05:30 PM
:eek: :eek:

My dad is the reason I don't drink beer. I'd steal a swig whenever I was sent to get a beer. LOL. He'd never really get mad.

:thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
i can remember being at Mother Neff State Park and my oldman giving me a swig of beer. I couldnt have been more than 6 or 7. I drank the entire beer and was sick as a dog.

txkmom
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
This makes me sound really redneck, but I don't care. My father was a landscape crew foreman in Louisiana when I was a little girl. He looked forward to coming home and cooling off on the front porch each evening with a beer (we didn't have AC, just an attic fan). I looked forward to getting to sit with him and sprinkle salt on top of the beer can for him, and once in a blue moon, he'd let me have a tiny sip. Didn't make me a beer drinker, though. Haven't thought about that in absolute years ... thanks for making me think of it, he's been gone since I was 15.

zebrablue2
07-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
This makes me sound really redneck, but I don't care. My father was a landscape crew foreman in Louisiana when I was a little girl. He looked forward to coming home and cooling off on the front porch each evening with a beer (we didn't have AC, just an attic fan). I looked forward to getting to sit with him and sprinkle salt on top of the beer can for him, and once in a blue moon, he'd let me have a tiny sip. Didn't make me a beer drinker, though. Haven't thought about that in absolute years ... thanks for making me think of it, he's been gone since I was 15.

Thanks for sharing a special moment. Not RN at all. Good thought and story..