PDA

View Full Version : Best 3A QB

Who-dun-it!!?
07-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Who will be the best all around QB this year in 3A, and why?

bwdlionfan
07-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Casey Pachall hands down, cuz all the posters outside of Brownwood are claiming us to win a state title.

trojan37
07-11-2008, 12:25 AM
I would have to go with Casey Paschall as well, just because he seems to be getting a lot of recruiting attention from some major D-1 schools.

trojan37
07-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I'll go ahead and add that the best DB will be out of Brownwood as well in Kenny Vacarro. Heck, Brownwood has the best at every position, go ahead and give em the title.:p

Old Tiger
07-11-2008, 12:31 AM
cuero's QB?

injuredinmelee
07-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I would have to go with Casey Paschall as well, just because he seems to be getting a lot of recruiting attention from some major D-1 schools.

i heard he was related to Jesus.

injuredinmelee
07-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i heard he was related to Jesus.

I shouldnt be such a smart aleck. He is def a really good QB. Is just as dangerous with his feet i thought in the times I have seen him. I dont think he will ever lose a game for you, and will def win a few.

catdaddy
07-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I saw the QB for Needville (Caleb Berry?) at the OD Select camp in Houston and he was impressive. If they have any kind of O-line to buy him some time he's going to dangerous...

LH Panther Mom
07-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
cuero's QB?
Tyler Arndt......if he has another season like last year, he'll be in the top, for sure.

Gsquared
07-11-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Tyler Arndt......if he has another season like last year, he'll be in the top, for sure.
Ardnt throws the prettiest deep ball I saw last year. That kid is going to be something!

Lion_Addict
07-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Of course I'm gonna say Casey but I do have a question. What about this kid from Glen Rose (Derek Thompson)? All I know about him is what I've read in Dave Campbell's mag. Is he really that good? And, is there any Glen Rose posters on here? Haven't noticed any :thinking: .

Gsquared
07-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Of course I'm gonna say Casey but I do have a question. What about this kid from Glen Rose (Derek Thompson)? All I know about him is what I've read in Dave Campbell's mag. Is he really that good? And, is there any Glen Rose posters on here? Haven't noticed any :thinking: .
I thought the Glen Rose kid was ok but saw better in a lot of different games I went to.

waterboy
07-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Y'all might want to keep an eye out for Gilmer's QB, Darian "Stump" Godfrey. All he did last year was lead the Buckeyes to the state finals in his sophomore year. I look for him to be even better this year.;)

BILLYFRED0000
07-11-2008, 07:38 AM

I thought the kid was good. He did not have enough help at any position. Big strong kid good arm a little slow.

pirate4state
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Y'all might want to keep an eye out for Gilmer's QB, Darian "Stump" Godfrey. All he did last year was lead the Buckeyes to the state finals in his sophomore year. I look for him to be even better this year.;) It might be a little slow going for him w/o his line, but I agree he is a special kid! :thumbsup:

waterboy
07-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It might be a little slow going for him w/o his line, but I agree he is a special kid! :thumbsup:
True, but with the offense the Buckeyes run, he will still get 3,000 yards passing, 40 TDs, and 1,000+ yards rushing. I think this offensive line will be very good. They will be smaller but much quicker. This is the first year in recent memory where there is not a definite D-I player being mentioned before the season, yet I still expect a deep playoff run.

pirate4state
07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
True, but with the offense the Buckeyes run, he will still get 3,000 yards passing, 40 TDs, and 1,000+ yards rushing. I think this offensive line will be very good. They will be smaller but much quicker. This is the first year in recent memory where there is not a definite D-I player being mentioned before the season, yet I still expect a deep playoff run. Do you have any starting WRs returning? I still can't get over the catches Tuminello (sp?) made last year in the Wylie game! :eek: :1omg!:

Daddy D 11
07-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ardnt throws the prettiest deep ball I saw last year. That kid is going to be something!

i completly agree with everything in that statement, he throws a beautiful ball.

and Paschall gotta be the favorite, plus LH's QB of course:p

cshscougar08
07-11-2008, 09:54 AM

I've never seen him have a good game. We beat them by 30 every time we played them while I was in school. And they are our top competition for district!!!! Hahaha.

BwdLions
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm not gonna speculate who's the best, but Glen Rose's Derek Thompson, Brownwood's Casey Paschall, Lubbock Estacado's Kyle Jackson and Bridgeport's Cameron Green are pretty good QBs.

Old Tiger
07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I'm not gonna speculate who's the best, but Glen Rose's Derek Thompson, Brownwood's Casey Paschall, Lubbock Estacado's Kyle Jackson and Bridgeport's Cameron Green are pretty good QBs. homer :p

TRENCHES06
07-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Hell I'll throw in LaGrange's QB and Rockdales QB for top 10.

Paschall and Ardnt will prolly be 1-2 in 3A

BwdLions
07-11-2008, 11:06 AM
homer :p

Yeah, I live in all four of these towns. :smoker:

waterboy
07-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Do you have any starting WRs returning? I still can't get over the catches Tuminello (sp?) made last year in the Wylie game! :eek: :1omg!:
No, we don't have any starters back from last year, although there will be a couple of WRs that saw lots of playing time last year. Tuminello was REAL special. I've never seen a WR that could catch like he could. He was a real treat to watch. He made bunches of highlight reel catches throughout the season. He will be missed for sure.

pirate4state
07-11-2008, 11:10 AM
No, we don't have any starters back from last year, although there will be a couple of WRs that saw lots of playing time last year. Tuminello was REAL special. I've never seen a WR that could catch like he could. He was a real treat to watch. He made bunches of highlight reel catches throughout the season. He will be missed for sure. Well, that kinda of sucks. I forgot the other guys name. The one that scored the winning TD. He was pretty good too! I'd love a copy of that game. It was fun to watch!!

wimbo_pro
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
cuero's QB?

Go Blue, he is very good, but young. If he develops like I think he will...watch out.

lion75
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Colt McCoy's little brother is not being talked about by recruiters because he will only be a junior, but he has two full years of starting experience and some playoff experience. Many high school athletes mature between their soph. and junior years, so I would expect an outstanding year from him. If they make the playoffs in the next two years, he could finish high school with 50 starts. That would be crazy.

BwdLions
07-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Case McCoy's biggest problems are he tries to force passes into tight coverage and makes bad throws while scrambling. He had at least 20 INTs last season. However, when you look at his stats in most publications, it only lists anywhere from 8-11 INTs. I don't know how that total got changed, but it did.

lion75
07-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Case McCoy's biggest problems are he tries to force passes into tight coverage and makes bad throws while scrambling. He had at least 20 INTs last season. However, when you look at his stats in most publications, it only lists anywhere from 8-11 INTs. I don't know how that total got changed, but it did. You are right about all of that and I have not been a fan of his. I'm just saying that ,to come into your junior year with the number of games under your belt that he has, is quite an advantage. I would have to believe that any player would improve between their soph. and junior year.

BwdLions
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by lion75
You are right about all of that and I have not been a fan of his. I'm just saying that ,to come into your junior year with the number of games under your belt that he has, is quite an advantage. I would have to believe that any player would improve between their soph. and junior year.

Agreed. ;)

Old Tiger
07-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Case McCoy's biggest problems are he tries to force passes into tight coverage and makes bad throws while scrambling. He had at least 20 INTs last season. However, when you look at his stats in most publications, it only lists anywhere from 8-11 INTs. I don't know how that total got changed, but it did. sounds like his older brother last season!:mad: :mad:

Old Tiger
07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by lion75
You are right about all of that and I have not been a fan of his. I'm just saying that ,to come into your junior year with the number of games under your belt that he has, is quite an advantage. I would have to believe that any player would improve between their soph. and junior year. ya but with all those games under his belt he should know better ;)

lion75
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
double poster!

DaHop72
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
It's going to be interesting to how the Tigers do with a new quarterback under center this year.:thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
07-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Case McCoy's biggest problems are he tries to force passes into tight coverage and makes bad throws while scrambling. He had at least 20 INTs last season. However, when you look at his stats in most publications, it only lists anywhere from 8-11 INTs. I don't know how that total got changed, but it did. I went to the Vernon-Graham game and that is what happened. Case tried to squeeze in two ill advised passes to receivers in the end zone and both were intercepted.

JR2004
07-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Case McCoy's biggest problems are he tries to force passes into tight coverage and makes bad throws while scrambling. He had at least 20 INTs last season. However, when you look at his stats in most publications, it only lists anywhere from 8-11 INTs. I don't know how that total got changed, but it did.

This poster reminds me of a poster that used to be here. Anyone know who I'm thinking of?

lion75
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
This poster reminds me of a poster that used to be here. Anyone know who I'm thinking of? I do.

jimmyceatworld
07-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i completly agree with everything in that statement, he throws a beautiful ball.

and Paschall gotta be the favorite, plus LH's QB of course:p

LH's quarterback is the best player to never show up in a stat book. He can go an entire game without an attempted pass or rush, but still be very valuable. I only saw LH play twice last year. but each game their QB faked me out on every play. I knew what he was going to do and I still got psyched out. Poor guys on defense ...

DDBooger
07-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
LH's quarterback is the best player to never show up in a stat book. He can go an entire game without an attempted pass or rush, but still be very valuable. I only saw LH play twice last year. but each game their QB faked me out on every play. I knew what he was going to do and I still got psyched out. Poor guys on defense ... that offense is crazy, can't be looking for the ball, only follow the blockers to it. we mastered that playing gp every year. an undisciplined defense stands no chance against that offense. hell a disciplined defense has problems.

Stownhorse
07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Y'all might want to keep an eye out for Gilmer's QB, Darian "Stump" Godfrey. All he did last year was lead the Buckeyes to the state finals in his sophomore year. I look for him to be even better this year.;)

I will second that. Thats kid is a prime example of a dopuble threat.

Boomer
07-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Go Blue, he is very good, but young. If he develops like I think he will...watch out.

I think you are going to hear Tyler Arndt's name a lot the next two years. He's going to have a solid line and all the receiver's back from last year. We have good QB coaches to help Tyler.

Bearkat
07-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Keep your eyes on Jeremy Johnson, the junior from Silsbee. Very talented young man. Has a great arm and runs in the 4.5 range.

ssgmp5150
07-12-2008, 10:22 AM
I know we are brand new in 3A and we will have all the cards stacked against us, but we have a quarterback in Austin Brooks that will be a junior this year and is a two year returning starter. He was 1st team all region quarterback in 2007 from the 2A DI state championship team. We are mostly a running team, but when it counted he made some remarkable completions during crucial times in important games. The kid is a phenomenal athlete who can beat you with his legs and his arm if needed! If our lineman can protect him, I anticipate his junior year to be successful and his senior year will be phenomenal for him as long as he stays grounded.

BwdLions
07-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I know we are brand new in 3A and we will have all the cards stacked against us, but we have a quarterback in Austin Brooks that will be a junior this year and is a two year returning starter. He was 1st team all region quarterback in 2007 from the 2A DI state championship team. We are mostly a running team, but when it counted he made some remarkable completions during crucial times in important games. The kid is a phenomenal athlete who can beat you with his legs and his arm if needed! If our lineman can protect him, I anticipate his junior year to be successful and his senior year will be phenomenal for him as long as he stays grounded.

Sounds like you have a good player in Austin Brooks. Good luck this year in 3-A ball. ;)

ssgmp5150
07-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks! He is definately a good athlete and should accumulate all kinds of accolades over the next two seasons just as long as he doesn't let his head soar with the eagles he will be just fine. We are looking to impress a few doubters about the Farmers moving up to 3A ball this year or at least we hope!

Sounds like you have a good player in Austin Brooks. Good luck this year in 3-A ball. ;)

ShortDog68
07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Braden Fickle

He went to a QB Camp in FL. You wouldn't believe what he can now do with the ball in the air. He might throw a pass to his lil bro. LOL

Go CATS!

BEAST
07-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I have been hearing this rumor that A Wylie has this stud QB moving in that they have been recruiting since January. I have an inside guy at Wylie and he told me that infact was true. The booster club emptied their pocket change and have lured Brett Favre out of retirement. Therefore they will have the best QB money can buy in 3A. That being said we will still kick their arse.

BEAST

garciap77
07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Casey Pachall hands down, cuz all the posters outside of Brownwood are claiming us to win a state title.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;)

Maroon87
07-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
This poster reminds me of a poster that used to be here. Anyone know who I'm thinking of?

Ummm...yeah vaguely. The name is on the tip of my tongue. It was STP or DUI or something like that.:p

garciap77
07-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I have been hearing this rumor that A Wylie has this stud QB moving in that they have been recruiting since January. I have an inside guy at Wylie and he told me that infact was true. The booster club emptied their pocket change and have lured Brett Favre out of retirement. Therefore they will have the best QB money can buy in 3A. That being said we will still kick their arse.

BEAST

:lies: :lies: :lies: