PDA

View Full Version : Members of 3ADL...Exercise your right to vote!!!

crzyjournalist03
02-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Attention members of 3A Down Low. We have encountered a serious issue over the past few days. It appears that one or two people on this board have decided to ruin the star-rating system. Many five-star members have lost their status, including our beloved PPHSFan. There is only one way for us to right these terrible injustices: Exercise your right to vote. We should easily be able to fix this problem with everyone's cooperation.

The star-system may be destroyed easily with a one-star vote. This is apparently what has happened because my rating dropped from a 4.6 to a 4.36 with one vote. Although a 4-star rating does not bother me, I do not think that it is right for some of our traditional 5-star members to lose their status. The only way we can stop the impact of these people voting one-star is to give people high star ratings. Remember, your vote is only a portion of the total voting system. Even if you only consider a member 3-star, if he has 1 with one vote, you must give him 5 for him to become a 3-star member. Please keep this in mind in your voting. No one person's vote should be able to detract from the voting of others. Please help out your fellow members like Sinton66, PPHSFan, and Jacket2000, all of whom have lost stars due to a couple of idiots. Let's all do our part to fix this problem and show these idiots that we don't appreciate their actions!!!

Phil C
02-07-2003, 12:21 PM
It finally happened to me too. I noticed I lost my five star rating too. I guess I inadvertently offended someone on the forum. I don't know who did it but I guess it was bound to happen to me to lose my five star rating. That is sure a fine way to treat someone who has just started to recover from cancer surgery. Oh well.

Administrator
02-07-2003, 12:40 PM
If you see your name on this list, you've been rating abused by two different users. There is nothing I can do, but the culprits have been sent to J2k. Some names may be duplicated because of double 1 star votes by the two users.

aamove, QBKilla, 3ABirdMan, slpybear the bullfan, Bulldog92, j_dog, Chris Hart, wildstangs, Pudlugger, mwynn05, whtfbplaya, PPHSfan, District303aPastPlayer, Old Dog, southern_thunder, Phil C, BIG19, Jimbotex40, fwisd, spiveyrat, Bellville22, MARLINFAN, mustang04, Fahq07, pinecone, pakrat, Billy Boy, Bandera YaYa, 3afan08, Administrator, bearcat1, Jacket2000, sinton66, TarponFanInNorthTexas, Big Tarp 74, Rabbit'93, whtfbplaya, PPHSfan, CHS_Grad '85, bulldog65, Jimbotex40, turbostud, pakrat, Bandera YaYa, Matthew328, RBARKER, Wildcat2004

<small>[ February 07, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Administrator ]</small>

Rabbit'93
02-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Man that list reads like a who's who of 3ADL.

whtfbplaya
02-07-2003, 01:55 PM
I dont remember who it was(maybe 66, pphsfan, big daddy, phil, bear, dog, or an administrator) who suggested that you have to reach a certain level to be able to rate people. I think it is a great idea. Alot of us got knocked by new people who dont know when we are joking or just because they started out low.

Old Dog
02-07-2003, 02:14 PM
When we put ourselves out there as targets, someone in going to shoot at us, it's just nature of the beast. Most all of the ones who were knocked down are persons that are very involved on the board. I assume someone just went thru voting most all of us down a star or two. Personally, it matters not. Sitting on the fence rail trying not to offend somebody wouldn't be cool to me. To require a certain number of posts in order to rate others might just be a good idea.

CHS_Grad '85
02-07-2003, 03:42 PM
As you can see, I don't post very often. I like to sit back and just see what's going on as I find this site to be very informative and entertaining. I assume because I asked how this star system worked, I was targeted. But after reviewing "the list", I'm not in such bad company... tickles me more than anything else. :D

crzyjournalist03
02-07-2003, 06:13 PM
I think I may have gotten the double treatment from those two guys now. My star rating dropped from a 4.60 yesterday, now it's at 4.12.

mwynn05
02-07-2003, 10:19 PM
i got it 4.6 to 4.13 in one day

sinton66
02-07-2003, 11:43 PM
It would take both of them teaming up on you. Each person can vote on another person only once, and you can never change how you voted for that person. I suggested we restrict voting to varsity members only, but Matt (Administrator) told me there is no way to do it under the current software. He said we may be able to do something like that later after we get the new server. He was going to inquire with the software folks to see, but couldn't promise anything. For those of you that are bugged by it, just turn it off for a while. It's apparent they were targeting fives just for grins. What a couple of nimrods!

fwisd
02-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Administrators list is definitely a five-star list - what can I say? Looks like good company to me!

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2003, 07:29 PM
sinton66:
It would take both of them teaming up on you. Each person can vote on another person only once, and you can never change how you voted for that person. I suggested we restrict voting to varsity members only, but Matt (Administrator) told me there is no way to do it under the current software. He said we may be able to do something like that later after we get the new server. He was going to inquire with the software folks to see, but couldn't promise anything. For those of you that are bugged by it, just turn it off for a while. It's apparent they were targeting fives just for grins. What a couple of nimrods!Well, maybe it's not the two guys that got me...my rating is continuing to drop. At the rate I'm going, I could lose my four-stars within a couple of days. I just wonder what made so many people upset with me all of the sudden.

aamove
02-08-2003, 10:18 PM
I didn't know that my rating went down until I read the list. I guess it's better to be knocked down by a serial star killer, than somebody that was really ticked at me. LOL

mwynn05
02-09-2003, 12:06 AM
it happened to me again too

sinfan75
02-09-2003, 10:01 AM
I just got whacked again.Went from 4.9 to 4.2.They'll have me down to 3 stars before long.Bring it on,I ain't skeered.