PDA

View Full Version : Our District Rule says 'NO AIR-HORNS...

Gobbla2001
10-20-2003, 09:18 PM
But what about......... diesel-horns off of an 18 wheeler???

After we score, one of our fans will start yanking on his diesel-horn (okay, I have pulled on it a couple of times myself :D )...

After doin' it a couple of times at the Cuero/Yoakum game in Yoakum, the game-caller got on the 'com and said 'District Rule states there will be no use of Air-Horns during football games' or however you wanna put it...

Because we didn't want to cause any trouble, we layed off of the diesel horn... But would you consider a diesel horn an air-horn (of course they're both two different things, I mean do you think if one is banned the other should be...)???

I dunno, the deisel horn is just as loud as a trumpet (This one is atleast), which the band has at the game blowing it at random times (duh-duh-duh-DUH-DUH-DUHHHHHHHHH)....

Just wanna know what you guys think...

Not trying to say that the Yoakum folks were out to treat us like crap or anything, it actually could have been directed towords a Yoakum fan doing it (I did hear an air-horn over there earlier in the game)...

Just makin' convo I guess...

TXMike
10-20-2003, 09:20 PM
How did you get it in the stadium?

sinton66
10-20-2003, 09:25 PM
I think anybody that wants to use a diesel horn or air horn should be able to as long as it is mounted directly under where they are sitting. :D
By the way Gobbla, they are the same thing. They both operate on air.

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Well the trailer that diesel hauls folds into some bleachers, so we just left the truck inside of the stadium with the trailer-bleachers and got in and started pullin' away...

Nah, it's a single horn, not a whole set, bout the size of a trumpet (tad bigger)... Stuck it in his grandson's stroller-thingy under a coat (no, his grandson wasn't in it)...

BTW, s66, I know they're the same thing, but they're not... get what I'm saying? ha...

That's what I've been told, atleast... Air-horns are louder and higher pitched than disel-horns... to me anyway ha...

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

lobo12
10-20-2003, 09:53 PM
i disagree about not allowing air horns. when i am playing i like it to be packed full of people and all kind of noise and noise makers. i think that is half of the fun of playing the game. just my input

exbccards76'smom
10-20-2003, 10:29 PM
The year we played at Woodville, a train pulled up behind their stadium. Apparently, they were watching the game, because when Woodville scored, the train's whistle would blow. That's was pretty cool.

BigW
10-21-2003, 12:25 PM
In a lot of district rules the statement is "no noise makers". This includes horns, shakers, and sticks. I am not sure why, maybe they just want you to save it for the playoffs.

booger1
10-21-2003, 01:25 PM
We use to use a train horn back in ohhh... 1998 and in '99, until the first game of '99, we played Liberty and won like 55-7, man that horn made some noise that night, but then the fans from Liberty complained about it to the UIL and we couldn't use it any more. Said that some old man or woman in the stands got scared every time it blew. If ya get to that point, you don't need to travel for an hour and a half to watch a football game! Oh well, we won!

BulldogGrl64
10-21-2003, 04:52 PM
I think that the rule of no air horns/noise makers is a really dumb rule. I think it's an awesome way to celebrate a touchdown other than playing the fight song obviously, but what a way to show your excitement than to blast an air horn? When you think about it, the band could be considered a noise maker. They play their instruments throughout the course of the game, which makes noise....the trumpets and tubas sound like air horns! And what about the cheerleaders and the fans? They make noise when they are yelling and screaming. But yet they don't tell them not to yell and make "noise" during the games because they are cheering on their team. So what difference does it make to ban air horns/ noise makers when all you are doing is supporting your team? But then again this is just my opinion on the whole matter.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2003, 05:00 PM
I went to Crane vs Midland Christian game a few weeks ago and they had some kind of "train horn" rig up on the MC side. There is NO WAY this monster could have been snuck into the stadium. It was about 8 feet tall and stood on the track!!

That sucker was SO LOUD, I had a headache when I left there. In the 4th quarter the refs finally made an announcement over the loud speaker that the horn better not be blown again or there would be a penalty. I was glad!!

It wouldn't have been so bad if they just blew it when they had a touchdown, because they didn't have many. But they would blow it when they made 5 yards!!!