PDA

View Full Version : I have said it since day one

coach
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Brett Farve will not be coming back..on espn a source said he probably wont come out of retirement..

but if he wwould have then wehy do ppl get upset..nobody did it when jordan came back...twice...and what if troy aikman decided to make a comeback...i dont think many fans would be upset..or if barry sanders would have tried and come back..or even craig biggio..i dont think anybody would be bashing them...and since when has arron rogers been better off than favre..he was one pass away from the super bowl..so stop bashing and respect his decison..which looks like its going to be watching on sundays instead of playing

trojan37
07-09-2008, 05:44 PM
I could give a rat's @#$ about what Brett Favre does. He doesn't play on Friday nights.:D You just have those people out there who have to complain. I figured he would want to come back just because of his love for the game. When you have played as long as he has, it's hard to walk away. If he comes back and takes Green Bay (or whoever) to the Super Bowl, will people still be wishing that he had stayed retired? I think not.

Emerson1
07-09-2008, 05:51 PM
The importance of a QB is 100 times greater than any of the position those other people played. If Craig Biggio or MJ sucked, you just put them on the bench and they play when needed.

If Favre comes back then it puts a cloud over the packers even if he wants to play backup. as soon as Rodgers screwed up once the fans would be calling for Favre to start instead of letting him play it out.

Txbroadcaster
07-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by coach
nobody did it when jordan came back...

uhh yes they did..the internet was not around enough for the tons of message boards, but when Jordan came back the second time it caused a HUGE uproar

coach
07-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The importance of a QB is 100 times greater than any of the position those other people played. If Craig Biggio or MJ sucked, you just put them on the bench and they play when needed.

If Favre comes back then it puts a cloud over the packers even if he wants to play backup. as soon as Rodgers screwed up once the fans would be calling for Favre to start instead of letting him play it out.

i will give u craig but mj..not as important to a team...besides i would still have favre in the top 10 qbs if he comes back...rogers doesnt have to play this year

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

If Favre comes back then it puts a cloud over the packers even if he wants to play backup. as soon as Rodgers screwed up once the fans would be calling for Favre to start instead of letting him play it out. Favre more important than MJ?

Favre won't be coming back to play mentor to rodgers. IF he comes back, he will be the QB.

Emerson1
07-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Favre more important than MJ?

Favre won't be coming back to play mentor to rodgers. IF he comes back, he will be the QB.
Yes, Favre is way more important to his team than Jordan was to the Wizards.

eagles_victory
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Brett Farve will not be coming back..on espn a source said he probably wont come out of retirement..

but if he wwould have then wehy do ppl get upset..nobody did it when jordan came back...twice...and what if troy aikman decided to make a comeback...i dont think many fans would be upset..or if barry sanders would have tried and come back..or even craig biggio..i dont think anybody would be bashing them...and since when has arron rogers been better off than favre..he was one pass away from the super bowl..so stop bashing and respect his decison..which looks like its going to be watching on sundays instead of playing The reason people are mad is because he made a big deal at his press conference and cried and did all that crap and not even a month later he is already talking about coming back. Just another sports figure who has to have his name in the news all the time. He was one pass away from the Super Bowl? I guess we werent watching the same NFC championship game.

eagles_victory
07-11-2008, 10:08 PM
You're looking like a horses behind right about now lol

coach
07-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You're looking like a horses behind right about now lol

espn just reported that favre will tak the deal where he will stay retired...

like i said from day one...brett has seen his last snap

eagles_victory
07-31-2008, 09:24 PM

like i said from day one...brett has seen his last snap lol you were still wrong you made it sound like Favre wasnt even considering coming back. This is even worse talking a come back just to try to get more money. Horses arse anyone?

coach
07-31-2008, 09:36 PM
i dont think he was trying to get more money

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM

like i said from day one...brett has seen his last snap

not seen anything about it..everything I see says he is getting ready to come back

eagles_victory
08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I cant wait until Coach gets back from vacation and sees this thread lol.