PDA

View Full Version : Astros

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
are going nowhere really fast.

Dead last in the central and 8 games below .500 and 13 1/2 games out of first place with that only increasing now with CC Sabathia and Rich Harden and Chad Gaudin joining the Brew Crew and the Cubbies.

Scratch this season fellas.

:(

piratebg
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I actually stayed up last night and finished watching the game only to be disappointed again. :weeping:

Bull Butter
07-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I stayed up and watched too. Self-abuse at it's finest:(

Buccaneer
07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
The Astros need to fire Cecil Cooper immediately!

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Not I, I had to work today and get some sleep.

I knew they would lose though. Just like what they said on 610 this morning.

- Remember how for every day for like 2 weeks would score alot of runs in the 8th and find ways to win? Well, now we are discovering new ways to lose. It's incredible.

I have no idea what our actual record is the last 30 days or so, but I guarantee you we have not won more than 10 games. :(

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
The Astros need to fire Cecil Cooper immediately! If Doug Brocail makes one more pitch last night then that is a whole different ball game. Coop doesn't swing the bat and pitch. He can only do so much and he is doing everything he can to get a lineup out there to win a game and the players are screwing him now.

If anybody needs to be fired, it's the hitting/batting coach. Changes definitley need to be made though, whether it's coaches or players.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Not I, I had to work today and get some sleep.

I knew they would lose though. Just like what they said on 610 this morning.

- Remember how for every day for like 2 weeks would score alot of runs in the 8th and find ways to win? Well, now we are discovering new ways to lose. It's incredible.

I have no idea what are actual record is the last 30 days or so, but I guarantee you we have not won more than 10 games. :(

Didn't think it could possibly be that bad, but...
11 wins since June 1.

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Didn't think it could possibly be that bad, but...
11 wins since June 1. 11 wins in 39 days. :mad:

Bull Butter
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
If Doug Brocail makes one more pitch last night then that is a whole different ball game. Coop doesn't swing the bat and pitch. He can only do so much and he is doing everything he can to get a lineup out there to win a game and the players are screwing him now.

If anybody needs to be fired, it's the hitting/batting coach. Changes definitley need to be made though, whether it's coaches or players.

I don't know if he did or not last night(pretty sure he did), but I'm getting tired of seeing Doug Brocail throw a tantrum every time he can't get someone out.

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I don't know if he did or not last night(pretty sure he did), but I'm getting tired of seeing Doug Brocail throw a tantrum every time he can't get someone out. Brocail lost it for them last night. He was pissed off the other night becuz Coop took him out and then he got his chance and lost it.

Him getting all mad is pretty old. You are right on that one. I wouldn't mind seeing Geary as the set up guy.

Bull Butter
07-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Brocail lost it for them last night. He was pissed off the other night becuz Coop took him out and then he got his chance and lost it.

Him getting all mad is pretty old. You are right on that one. I wouldn't mind seeing Geary as the set up guy.

I agree, Geary has done a lot better job lately than Brocail

Buccaneer
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
If Doug Brocail makes one more pitch last night then that is a whole different ball game. Coop doesn't swing the bat and pitch. He can only do so much and he is doing everything he can to get a lineup out there to win a game and the players are screwing him now.

One More Pitch! Brocail made way too many pitches as it was!

Cooper can not manage a pitching staff!

Maroon87
07-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I say they should let Brad Ausmus manage.

Buccaneer
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

I wonder if he will give Wigginton the greenlight to steal bases.

sahen
07-09-2008, 03:11 PM

coop does decide things like hit and runs and when to send runners (assuming they dont always go on their own)...he has a horrible 3rd basecoach as well...they send the runners too many times, i understand they want to keep things moving on the base paths but there was a couple weeks there where we lost games cause we were giving teams outs and he is still doing it, just not as much...he needs to put someone else at 3rd base and stop sending people all the time....

sahen
07-09-2008, 03:12 PM

Ausmus may manage one day for real...I think he'd make a great manager, or atleast pitching coach...he basically already is one...

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by sahen
coop does decide things like hit and runs and when to send runners (assuming they dont always go on their own)...he has a horrible 3rd basecoach as well...they send the runners too many times, i understand they want to keep things moving on the base paths but there was a couple weeks there where we lost games cause we were giving teams outs and he is still doing it, just not as much...he needs to put someone else at 3rd base and stop sending people all the time.... This is very true, I was referencing his pre-game managing and his preparation are good. He and the third base coach are WAY too aggressive with sub-par speed guys.

Wigginton should not be stealing ANY bases especially late in the games.

I see what you guys are saying now. I think the Astros should have went after Joe Girardi last season.

And as far as Ausmus goes, I do think he would make a great manager during the game. Who know's as far as preparation goes though.

Buccaneer
07-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Wigginton just got thrown out again! The announcers said it was a busted hit and run with the batter swinging and missing. The batter was Bourn. Bourn already has a hit tonight. He won't make contact for a week. He struck out swinging. Fire Cooper now!

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Wigginton just got thrown out again! The announcers said it was a busted hit and run with the batter swinging and missing. The batter was Bourn. Bourn already has a hit tonight. He won't make contact for a week. He struck out swinging. Fire Cooper now! The last time Wigginton got thrown out was a busted hit and run too, not a straight steal. But regardless, how stupid do you have to be?

sahen
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
counting on a guy who just got his first hit in weeks in a hit and run situation is kinda dumb....somehow the big puma manages to swipe 2 bags sucessfully though...who'd ever have thought berkman could possibly join the 20/20 club by the end of the year...

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 08:48 PM
counting on a guy who just got his first hit in weeks in a hit and run situation is kinda dumb....somehow the big puma manages to swipe 2 bags sucessfully though...who'd ever have thought berkman could possibly join the 20/20 club by the end of the year... Wigginton is by FAR our worst base runner and yet Coop and Co. continue to send him......

Ah.....

On a side note,we are winning 6-4.

sahen
07-09-2008, 08:53 PM
its only the 8th inning neck...we gotta get 6 more outs...

im not sure that Wiggington is the worst baserunner, just the slowest so he gets thrown out a lot when he is sent...he might have a good baserunning head on his shoulders but he is gonna do what the coaches tell him and apparantly they think he can hang w/ Pence in a footrace or something....

Necks_Fan
07-09-2008, 09:11 PM
its only the 8th inning neck...we gotta get 6 more outs...

im not sure that Wiggington is the worst baserunner, just the slowest so he gets thrown out a lot when he is sent...he might have a good baserunning head on his shoulders but he is gonna do what the coaches tell him and apparantly they think he can hang w/ Pence in a footrace or something.... Well, like I said, it wasn't supposed to be a straight steal but why pick Bourn for a hit and run? C'mon pull your head out of your butt.

Nice catch Pence!:clap:

sahen
07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
hey, we finally beat the pirates...maybe we r getting better....ha

zebrablue2
07-09-2008, 10:20 PM

:eek::stirpot:-- dude-- you just don't get it..

SintonFan_inAustin
07-09-2008, 10:25 PM
hey, we finally beat the pirates...maybe we r getting better....ha Astros have made some remarkable comebacks in second half, its looks impossible but they have done it before.

Bull Butter
07-09-2008, 10:54 PM
counting on a guy who just got his first hit in weeks in a hit and run situation is kinda dumb....somehow the big puma manages to swipe 2 bags sucessfully though...who'd ever have thought berkman could possibly join the 20/20 club by the end of the year...

Bourn may end up being a 20/20 guy when it's all said & done.

20 steals/20 hits

Bearkat
07-10-2008, 08:51 AM

Why blame the coach? The astros are a bad team with a terrible pitching staff.

SWMustang
07-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Bourn may end up being a 20/20 guy when it's all said & done.

20 steals/20 hits

that's a good one. :D Fire Sale!!!!:eek:

sahen
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Astros have made some remarkable comebacks in second half, its looks impossible but they have done it before.

this is true, but most of those second half comebacks were after a terrible april/may and then a good june going into the all star break...i cant remember them being this bad a couple months in, its not like they are getting better either....

Maroon87
07-10-2008, 11:18 AM
this is true, but most of those second half comebacks were after a terrible april/may and then a good june going into the all star break...i cant remember them being this bad a couple months in, its not like they are getting better either....

Plus, it was easier to recover when you had Oswalt, Petitte, and Clemens in your starting rotation.

Necks_Fan
07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Plus, it was easier to recover when you had Oswalt, Petitte, and Clemens in your starting rotation. True that.

We don't even have 5 starters now.

Oswalt- Just off the DL
Wandy- Shoot and miss
Moehler- Same
Backe- Not good
5. ? Sampson again?

Josh Anderson for Villareal was a terrible trade and the Miguel Tejada 5-1 trade never has looked all that hot.

:hand:

JasperDog94
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
True that.

We don't even have 5 starters now.

Oswalt- Just off the DL
Wandy- Shoot and miss
Moehler- Same
Backe- Not good
5. ? Sampson again?

Josh Anderson for Villareal was a terrible trade and the Miguel Tejada 5-1 trade never has looked all that hot.

:hand: Oswalt left the game after the 1st inning today. It just goes from bad to worse this year.

It it football season yet?;)