PDA

View Full Version : It ain't recruiting but.....

VWG
07-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Ever notice how some AD's hire coaches that have sons who are very athletic? :thinking:

I was thinking about some staffs that have added coaches over the years. Is it just coincidence that the coach that was hired had a kid that could flat out play??
:D

Phil C
07-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Poth is a power in 2A Volleyball and a friend of mine from Floresville was laughing because a good volleyball player from Floresville transferred there and Poth hired a new superintendent whose daughter was a talented volleyball player.

lepfan
07-09-2008, 10:15 AM
So the coaches being hired because of son's and daughter's athletic ability....would that be called pimping out their kids???? :)

District303aPastPlayer
07-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
So the coaches being hired because of son's and daughter's athletic ability....would that be called pimping out their kids???? :)

no, that would be called Calallen High School

(all in fun.. all in fun)

Phil C
07-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by lepfan

I am sure it is always just coincidence. :)

popcorn screen
07-09-2008, 11:26 AM
It never hurts to have kids that can add or even help your program. I am sure that the people being hired can coach a little. Most everyone will have children that attend school.

RedWhiteBlue
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I am sure it is always just coincidence. :)
That goes back to those interview questions (that of course you have researched beforehand or he wouldn't even be there)-
1.) How old is your child?
2.) How tall is he and what does he weigh?
3.) What is his time in the 40?
4.) What does he bench?
etc., etc., etc., etc.,.......:thinking: :thinking:

garciap77
07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

:eek: :eek: :eek:

BwdLions
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Ever notice how some AD's hire coaches that have sons who are very athletic? :thinking:

I was thinking about some staffs that have added coaches over the years. Is it just coincidence that the coach that was hired had a kid that could flat out play??
:D

To me that's the best coach you can hire. Most coaches kids turn out to be very good athletes. Why not make your hiring decision based on getting more bang for the buck? I've never heard of a coach being hired because his son played a mean trumpet. ;)

RedWhiteBlue
07-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
To me that's the best coach you can hire. Most coaches kids turn out to be very good athletes. Why not make your hiring decision based on getting more bang for the buck? I've never heard of a coach being hired because his son played a mean trumpet. ;)
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Maroon87
07-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Man...you've been working in Gregory-Portland far too long.