PDA

View Full Version : Running Game

orange machine
07-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I have heard alot about Brady Attaway the Whitehouse QB and Casey Pachall the Brownwood QB, but what about there running games do these two teams have much of a running game?

orange machine
07-08-2008, 10:58 PM
can anybody answer this?

WTF-82
07-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I have heard alot about Brady Attaway the Whitehouse QB and Casey Pachall the Brownwood QB, but what about there running games do these two teams have much of a running game?

BROWNWOOD, ran the spread last year did have some zone reads little option out of spread. This kid can run and pass, well
coached. The Brownwood staff is very familiar with the triple option or the bone. Coach Freeman has used this lots over his years in Brownwood. Over the years always have had a big team oline very physicall some years top 11 on field u would think
they were a 5-A school very good looking athletes in Brownwood.
Imagine Stephenville in 3-A well this is how competitive Brownwood is they could be a very scary team next couple of years. It will be fun to watch cant wait till the LH game.

BEAST
07-09-2008, 08:16 AM
When Coach Freeman first came to Brownwood, we ran a pro style offense and he scrapped that and went to the hard core bone. The bone is the first offense our players learn starting in the 7th grade. The spread came about because we have had a string of really good Qbs that are made for the spread.

That being said, I cant remember a year that Brownwood tailback didnt have atleast 1000 yards. Most of the time the Tb has about 1500 yards, and the Qb will have over a 1000. There will normally be another back or 2 with 300 -500 each. Then the Qb normally puts up about 2000 - 2500 yards in the air.

These numbers are kind of an average some years better, some years worse. Last year we had a very big but very slow Oline which had trouble protecting the corners. Hard to run of throw much out of that. This years Oline will be so much better. The numbers should go up a lot.

BEAST

easttexas3a
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
If I am not mistake Whitehouse reason for not being ranked was the fact that they lost Luke Shivers and Jeremy Canady the past 2 years, both were stud Running Backs. Have no clue who they have coming in, Whitehouse runs the typical spread running plays, with the read option, counters, and the occasion WR end around, I think called a jet sweep in football terms. Their running game will be good, but not the best.