PDA

View Full Version : For Phil C

DaHop72
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
http://texastechchess.blogspot.com/2008/07/historic-event-coming-to-ttu.html

Hey Phil C, one of our common friends wanted you to see this.:thumbsup:

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
That is greatness! Right up Phil C's alley!

You are now my hero DA!

Phil C
07-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Great news indeed! Those that can attend that in person will be in for a treat. I look forward to hearing about the results.

Phil C
07-08-2008, 02:21 PM
This is going to be the best chess tournament in Texas since the great Church's Fried Chicken Tournament held in 1972 in San Antonio. This great tournament featured some of the best chess players of that time which included Anatoli Karpov who was later to be the world chess champion, Tigran Petrosian who was the former world champion, Lajos Portisch who was be be a strong world champion contender and other greats which include Bent Lawson, Paul Kerres and Henrique Mecking to name a few. Even Bobby Fischer showed up as an observer but didn't participate because he felt that the prize money wasn't enough but he did say he would have been satisfied with the conditions.

I always regreted not going for at least one day to have seen these great players and I could have because my father asked me if I wanted to go. Oh well.

injuredinmelee
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This is going to be the best chess tournament in Texas since the great Church's Fried Chicken Tournament held in 1972 in San Antonio. This great tournament featured some of the best chess players of that time which included Anatoli Karpov who was later to be the world chess champion, Tigran Petrosian who was the former world champion, Lajos Portisch who was be be a strong world champion contender and other greats which include Bent Lawson, Paul Kerres and Henrique Mecking to name a few. Even Bobby Fischer showed up as an observer but didn't participate because he felt that the prize money wasn't enough but he did say he would have been satisfied with the conditions.

I always regreted not going for at least one day to have seen these great players and I could have because my father asked me if I wanted to go. Oh well.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/hsguru73/906950847_l.gif