PDA

View Full Version : What 2 teams do you predict.....

Ranger Mom
07-08-2008, 10:40 AM
will GO AT IT the most on the board this season??

Sweetwater/Snyder?? (Blast from the past)

Brownwood/any team that thinks they might have a chance against them.

Celina/any team that thinks they might have a chance against them.

Brownwood/Celina?

I know there are a slew of others I could name....I just can't think of who they are at the moment.

Add your own!!

DISCLAIMER: This thread is not intended to offend or bash a certain team, it is all in fun since I am bored!!:D :D

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Well BW seems to be thick right now. I am defending all of 3a against BW at this point. If Celina would get a shot at them it would be the state semis and I am not about to suggest this early in the game that it will happen. No one mocks the football Gods often and wins.

Ranger Mom
07-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well BW seems to be thick right now. I am defending all of 3a against BW at this point. If Celina would get a shot at them it would be the state semis and I am not about to suggest this early in the game that it will happen. No one mocks the football Gods often and wins.

I'm not talking about playing the game, I am talking about "talking noise" to each other on HERE!!!!

CenTexSports
07-08-2008, 10:45 AM
It is usually the team with the most obnoxious fans. Unless Brownwood brings more to the table than the ones from last year, I do not think it will change.

The second choice goes to teams that are usually doormats and might have a good crop of athletes. They have to make noise while they can.

cshscougar08
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm saying Brownwood against the entire 3A world. They feel like they have something to prove, and we're all just calling them overrated until they prove something. It's been fun so far. :D

ronwx5x
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM

Is there any chance of Celina and Brownwood meeting in the playoffs? How could B'wood ever go DII? How could Celina go DI?

The "go at it teams" will have to be Brownwood and someone.

Celina folks get riled if you say something negative about their Bobcats, but I haven't seen them predicting victories over other folks. They have not historically made predictions, but they will defend their team if slammed. Brownwood folks on the other hand have already made predictions and given warnings.

I'm not affiliated with either team, just an admirer of good programs.

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Well, I'm certainly offended, RM. I can't believe you forgot about some of LH's more "vocal" posters. :eek:

***Note to self: Take DL vacation week 0, 1, & 3. :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I'm saying Brownwood against the entire 3A world. They feel like they have something to prove, and we're all just calling them overrated until they prove something. It's been fun so far. :D
I'm more of the impression that they think they have already proved it, and are just waiting on the rest of 3A to realize it. :p ;)

cshscougar08
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm more of the impression that they think they have already proved it, and are just waiting on the rest of 3A to realize it. :p ;)

This is true. But we're all waiting for it to be proven here instead of in 4A.

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Is there any chance of Celina and Brownwood meeting in the playoffs? How could B'wood ever go DII? How could Celina go DI?

I believe Abilene Wylie would have to miss the playoffs for Brownwood to be DI.

Celina folks get riled if you say something negative about their Bobcats, but I haven't seen them predicting victories over other folks. They have not historically made predictions, but they will defend their team if slammed. Brownwood folks on the other hand have already made predictions and given warnings.
Have you been in hibernation the last two seasons???? :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

ronwx5x
07-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Have you been in hibernation the last two seasons???? :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Been here all the way and I still believe what I said is accurate. LH folks are not predicters either, by the way. But then thay haven't had to be, they just showed up and whipped people! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BreckTxLonghorn
07-08-2008, 11:05 AM
The strong Breckenridge contingent on this board will take on all comers!

pirate4state
07-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Ummmmmm, okay. You obviously haven't read ALL the Celina posts made on here! They DO make predictions. No one can beat them and let's face it only a few have, but we don't need to read about it at every turn. Or at least, I don't care to read that kind of stuff!

I dare say that some of these "doubtful" postings from some of them are interesting. Do they really believe they may lose a regular season game? :thinking:

We all have a tendency to boast about our programs and why not, but when it borders on arrogrance it seizes to be amusing, IMO.

I enjoy reading trash talk. I don't enjoy reading the "talking down" that some do around here (as it pertains to football :D ).

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with LHPM on this one. We will stick our necks out and make a prediction.

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Ummmmmm, okay. You obviously haven't read ALL the Celina posts made on here! They DO make predictions. No one can beat them and let's face it only a few have, but we don't need to read about it at every turn. Or at least, I don't care to read that kind of stuff! ...
Ron, if you haven't figured out who is a bit hyper sensitive, here is your clue! :rolleyes:

pirate4state
07-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Ron, if you haven't figured out who is a bit hyper sensitive, here is your clue! :rolleyes: Yes, I've heard that quite a bit. Maybe it's due to all the pain I'm in or maybe I'm just sick of all your mumbo jumbo! :tongue:

Stay on topic & if you have a problem with me take it up in a PM!

ronwx5x
07-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with LHPM on this one. We will stick our necks out and make a prediction.

I seem to remember more generalized predictions (we can go deep, we can win it all, we have eight, count 'em,etc) than in individual games. Maybe my memory is selective. From my perspective, LH, Gilmer, Wimberley, China Spring, Giddings, and Celina posters have all been fairly restrained in predicting individual games. Of course they can get beligerant at times, can't we all? However, we all know who the ones "on the other hand" are!:D

ronwx5x
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Yes, I've heard that quite a bit. Maybe it's due to all the pain I'm in or maybe I'm just sick of all your mumbo jumbo! :tongue:

:doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Well, I'm certainly offended, RM. I can't believe you forgot about some of LH's more "vocal" posters. :eek:

***Note to self: Take DL vacation week 0, 1, & 3. :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Actually.....LH did come to mind. I just couldn't pair them with a "certain"team and the "LH/team that actually thinks they have a chance against them"....didn't ring true either. Most of you aren't THAT condescending!!!

Ranger Mom
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Ron, if you haven't figured out who is a bit hyper sensitive, here is your clue! :rolleyes:

If the truth be told, I feel YOU are hyper sensitive anytime any of us don't bow down and kiss Celina's feet!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

:redX: :stirpot: :stirpot: :taunt: :taunt:

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes, I've heard that quite a bit. Maybe it's due to all the pain I'm in or maybe I'm just sick of all your mumbo jumbo! :tongue:

I am starting to feel like maybe thou hast got a little love-hate thing happening with me.

Which would mean, Sinton and Celina might GO AT IT a little bit this season. :inlove:

Is that enough on topic? :D

pirate4state
07-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I am starting to feel like maybe thou hast got a little love-hate thing happening with me.

Which would mean, Sinton and Celina might GO AT IT a little bit this season. :inlove:

Is that enough on topic? :D

LOL you are impossible! :D

If Celina & Sinton ever "GO AT IT" it will be on the diamond. I don't think we'll have a caliber team like our early 90s & 00s teams again for another few years. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

and yes to the other ;)

oh and I think we've been AT IT for awhile you are just hard headed! :p

BwdLions
07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I think Brownwood and Celina would be the two I'd pick. Even though they may not play one another. Ever since the news that Brownwood was dropping down to 3-A, several posters on this site (not just Celina posters) have trash-talked about how Brownwood expected to have a cake walk all the way to the state title. It has to be Brownwood and some other team, so I say Celina.

Ranger Mom
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I find myself feeling kinda sorry for the Sweetwater/Snyder posters.....they will be lost in the shuffle!!:p

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I find myself feeling kinda sorry for the Sweetwater/Snyder posters.....they will be lost in the shuffle!!:p
:doh: :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
07-08-2008, 11:55 AM
I find myself feeling kinda sorry for the Sweetwater/Snyder posters.....they will be lost in the shuffle!!:p Nah, I think once Sweetwater Red returns they'll be back in the mix. ;)

Ranger Mom
07-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Nah, I think once Sweetwater Red returns they'll be back in the mix. ;)

I thought about him the other day....where in the heck has he been??

pirate4state
07-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I thought about him the other day....where in the heck has he been?? He is taking a break from us.

garciap77
07-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Wylie vs Brownwood! This one will be for real! So, the noise will start here! IMO Wylie by 14!:p

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 12:13 PM
I think China Spring will have a little more vocal representation this season.

ronwx5x
07-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Nah, I think once Sweetwater Red returns they'll be back in the mix. ;)

I'm thinking maybe there have been more Snyder posters ejected than almost any other town including Sweetwater. Am I wrong here?

Old Green
07-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm thinking maybe there have been more Snyder posters ejected than almost any other town including Sweetwater. Am I wrong here? I believe Cuero takes that honor. Cuero has about 20 ejections:)

injuredinmelee
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I am going to miss the Clyde kids getting on here predicting big things.

STANG RED
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM

Oh dont you worry about us. We are all just kicking back storeing our energy up for the season.
Just wait till the week of THE big game, and it'll be like old times around here again. :devil:
And even though I havent posted it in a while, its still true. SNYDER SUCKS!!!:devil:

DaHop72
07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm thinking maybe there have been more Snyder posters ejected than almost any other town including Sweetwater. Am I wrong here? :thinking: :thinking: I really can't think of but a couple. Maybe you can refresh my memory.:confused:

Old Tiger
07-08-2008, 02:05 PM
go blue vs obnoxious overzealous fans?

DaHop72
07-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Oh dont you worry about us. We are all just kicking back storeing our energy up for the season.
Just wait till the week of THE big game, and it'll be like old times around here again. :devil:
And even though I havent posted it in a while, its still true. SNYDER SUCKS!!!:devil: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:devil: :devil:

When I see you next remind me to tell you about my new "friend" from Sweetwater.:eek: :eek:

navscanmaster
07-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Jeez, and I thought us Rattler folk were annoying last year....

Maybe it wasn't all of us though, thinking back. I think it was really just HEMOTOXIC/RattlerDude vs. Go Blue.:stirpot:

Who do we have coming back to the downlow this year? Myself, HEMO, Rattlerdude, State_in_08, and OldBison75 are the only ones I can think of. NHSRattler60 has been on a long hiatus....

Overall, not much representation for a team expected to do a lot of good things this year, tsk...tsk...tsk...

garciap77
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
go blue vs obnoxious overzealous fans? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Jeez, and I thought us Rattler folk were annoying last year....

Only for the week leading up to LH when I told yall that LH dominates and yall thought otherwise but I ended up being right and let yall know it at the M&G

navscanmaster
07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
go blue vs obnoxious overzealous fans?

Good golly, man! I was typing my post while you were typing yours! Wierd, we thought of the same thing at the same time. :eek: :eek:

waterboy
07-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Judging from what I've seen lately on this here forum, my guess is that Brownwood vs. any 3A team that thinks they have a chance against them. How dare any team think they can beat them??:rolleyes: :stirpot:

garciap77
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Judging from what I've seen lately on this here forum, my guess is that Brownwood vs. any 3A team that thinks they have a chance against them. How dare any team think they can beat them??:rolleyes: :stirpot:

Brownwood was a no-so-good 4A team last year (see rocket post) and will be a not-so-good 3A team this year!IMO :D :p;)

STANG RED
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
When I see you next remind me to tell you about my new "friend" from Sweetwater.:eek: :eek: [/B]

You have a new Sweetwater friend??? Well first of all, I feel like I'm being two timed a little :mad:

But now I'm a little concerned for your health. Are you sure your safe in Snyder, admitting you have Sweetwater friends?:D

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Brownwood was a no-so-good 4A team last year (see rocket post) and will be a not-so-good 3A team this year!IMO :D :p;)

I think they will be good. They have a good qb and ought to do well. That being said there should be several 3a teams better if those teams perform like they have the last 3 years. Gilmer, LH, La Vega, Celina to name a few.

DaHop72
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
You have a new Sweetwater friend??? Well first of all, I feel like I'm being two timed a little :mad:

But now I'm a little concerned for your health. Are you sure your safe in Snyder, admitting you have Sweetwater friends?:D Something tells me if you talked to him, he probably doesn't have me on his Christmas list.:devil: :devil:

STANG RED
07-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Something tells me if you talked to him, he probably doesn't have me on his Christmas list.:devil: :devil:

OK, now you have to send me a PM and clue me in. Heck I might not even know him. All I do is sleep here and mow the grass on the weekends anyway. I'm real out of touch with the daily happenings in Sweetwater these days.

BwdLions
07-08-2008, 03:32 PM

:vrycnfsd: Man these guys are making my head spin.

Lion_Addict
07-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Wylie vs Brownwood! This one will be for real! So, the noise will start here! IMO Wylie by 14!:p

For real? Guess every other time we've beaten the mighty Wylie Bullfrogs wasn't for real? Hmmmm....it was all make believe? Did yawl win any of those games that weren't for real? :thinking: . Wylie continues to remain WINLESS against Brownwood....."REAL"ITY :D :stirpot:

cshscougar08
07-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I think China Spring will have a little more vocal representation this season.

Absolutely!!!!! I've gone back and read posts from this past season and kept thinking, "If only I had found this site earlier!!!"

STANG RED
07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
For real? Guess every other time we've beaten the mighty Wylie Bullfrogs wasn't for real? Hmmmm....it was all make believe? Did yawl win any of those games that weren't for real? :thinking: . Wylie continues to remain WINLESS against Brownwood....."REAL"ITY :D :stirpot:

I dont know that Wylie can beat Bwood this season, but I can tell you this. Sandifer uses predistrict better than most coaches I have seen. He is much more interested in evaluating his players than he is in winning a meaningless game. But when district and playoffs come around, they and he are set and ready to go and will have a very good team on the feild, that is capable of beating anybody. So dont think for minute that those preseason games yall have played them in the past, will be anything like what you'll see the next couple of years. I've seen Wylie play too many games to ever bet against them. And they especially get up for teams that are supposed to beat them, but they seldom come out on the short end of that stick, especially when the game means something. The only times I have seen them play badley, is when they are over confident. And even then, they will usually pull it out in the end. But I dont think that will be an issue in this match up.

orange machine
07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Wylie by a touchdown over Bwood

orange machine
07-08-2008, 05:48 PM
This might sound crazy, but there is a decent chance Bwood doesnt make the playoffs in that district wouldnt that be something. I fully believe they will, but there is a good chance they might not. :eek:

grahampaw
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
:inlove: Nobody needs to worry about Graham we will be everyones punching bag.:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Snydertigersrul
07-08-2008, 09:52 PM

I'm counting the days to Oct. 24 at Tiger Stadium.

Brownwood/Celina?

I know there are a slew of others I could name....I just can't think of who they are at the moment.

Add your own!!

DISCLAIMER: This thread is not intended to offend or bash a certain team, it is all in fun since I am bored!!:D :D

Snydertigersrul
07-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

I'm counting the days until Oct. 24

orange machine
07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey dont worry about anything else, but beating Brownwood, i dont car if thats the only game yall win nin Snyder just figure away out to beat them.

Snydertigersrul
07-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Hey dont worry about anything else, but beating Brownwood, i dont car if thats the only game yall win nin Snyder just figure away out to beat them.

we don't play them until Nov. 7 but we will win that game too.

orange machine
07-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Well i dont care who yall beat except us because thats going to happen yall just beat the Wood so i can talk smake on there site and this one.:)

BwdLions
07-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Well i dont care who yall beat except us because thats going to happen yall just beat the Wood so i can talk smake on there site and this one.:)

:blahblah:

mustang04
07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
im a huge fan of teams with good tradition i.e. Brownwood, A. Wylie, Sweetwater, Cuero, etc....

and to all you Brownwoody posters....in the 3A classifications defense....you'll be surprised, sweetwater has GREAT tradition and we were 4A during almost all of it...when we dropped to 3A, we soon realized that there isnt a whole lot of difference of talent between 3A and 4A....3A i think is the best classification whenever you think of how good the teams are with how many ppl they have to work with.....3A is no cakewalk Brownwooders, just lettin ya know

navscanmaster
07-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
im a huge fan of teams with good tradition i.e. Brownwood, A. Wylie, Sweetwater, Cuero, etc....

and to all you Brownwoody posters....in the 3A classifications defense....you'll be surprised, sweetwater has GREAT tradition and we were 4A during almost all of it...when we dropped to 3A, we soon realized that there isnt a whole lot of difference of talent between 3A and 4A....3A i think is the best classification whenever you think of how good the teams are with how many ppl they have to work with.....3A is no cakewalk Brownwooders, just lettin ya know

I always think back to 1996 when Navasota, in district 18-4A, was one of the smallest 4As in the state. The Rattlers put the whoopin to schools with 1800+ enrollment a few times that year, going 12-0 before falling to eventual state champ LaMarque 36-19 in the regionals. By the way, LaMarque is one of the smaller schools in 4A, and you know their history in that position. When the Rattlers came down to 3A in 2002, they instantly went from 0-10 to 5-6 making the playoffs after casting off a blockhead of a coach that should have never risen above jersey washing duty. Sounds like it should have been a cakewalk, right? :thinking: The record and program continued to improve, but until last year, the Rattlers never made it out of the first round of the playoffs in 3A. Lesson learned.

Now on topic, Celina and Brownwood seem to be a pretty good matchup right now. But Snyder and Sweetwater might be playing for a playoff spot this year, so who knows?:devil:

ProudHornetMom
07-09-2008, 12:03 PM
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

garciap77
07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
we don't play them until Nov. 7 but we will win that game too.

:2thumbsup

lion75
07-09-2008, 12:20 PM
go blue vs obnoxious overzealous fans? Or GoBlue vs. Region 1 (as it was last year)

mustang04
07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Or GoBlue vs. Region 1 (as it was last year)

you're just too cute;)

Old Tiger
07-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Or GoBlue vs. Region 1 (as it was last year) can't do it this year cause some really good region III teams went over there :D

BILLYFRED0000
07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
can't do it this year cause some really good region III teams went over there :D

Yeah I gotta go with you there. Maybe we could pick on region 4. I think they are the weak sister this year.:D

Old Tiger
07-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah I gotta go with you there. Maybe we could pick on region 4. I think they are the weak sister this year.:D ya all they have is cuero and sealy :rolleyes:

pirate4state
07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah I gotta go with you there. Maybe we could pick on region 4. I think they are the weak sister this year.:D We are the weak sister EVERY year...:blahblah: :blahblah:

Snydertigersrul
07-09-2008, 08:30 PM

Brownwood/Celina?

Add your own!!

Everyone needs to pull together and gang up on Brownwood, the new kid on the block.

Emerson1
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Brownwood vs anyone because it will be relevent.

Sweetwater vs Snyder is like Forney vs Terrell, in the bigger picture it just doesn't matter.

BILLYFRED0000
07-09-2008, 08:50 PM
We are the weak sister EVERY year...:blahblah: :blahblah:

Well Rita if it makes you feel any better, I think region 2 is week this year. Gilmer is not with us and I dont' think there are hardly any other teams. We will be good I think and so will Argyle from our district.
We do have Paris and Paris Lamar dropped down from 4a but they were not that good in 4a. But that pretty much is still tougher than region 4.

BwdLion73
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks Emerson1, It is so nice to back in our old home of 3A where people care about their teams.

BILLYFRED0000
07-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Everyone needs to pull together and gang up on Brownwood, the new kid on the block.

naw there is still plenty of snyder to go around.

BwdLion_80
07-10-2008, 08:47 AM

This is nothing new to us! We kind of expect it every year.

BILLYFRED0000
07-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
This is nothing new to us! We kind of expect it every year.

Tell me. Nothing breeds contempt like success. The last year of our streak was our first time in 3a. 346 students. Everbody said we would not win a game in district. There were tv stations and a guy making a documentary about us and everybody came to see us get beat. The Gainesville Leopards came to our house and it was standing 3 deep around the field. After the game the Leopards left the field with their first district loss in years and still could not beleive it but boy did they root against us like crazy.

pirate4state
07-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Well Rita if it makes you feel any better, I think region 2 is week this year. Gilmer is not with us and I dont' think there are hardly any other teams. We will be good I think and so will Argyle from our district.
We do have Paris and Paris Lamar dropped down from 4a but they were not that good in 4a. But that pretty much is still tougher than region 4. :cheerl: LOL Time will tell. ;)

BwdLions
07-10-2008, 10:06 AM

:iagree: Bring it on tiger.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
The strong Breckenridge contingent on this board will take on all comers!

Oh Breckenridge... I weep for you at night. Hurricane Brownwood is headed straight for you.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 03:12 PM
If Celina would schedule a team they may not beat, they may get beat, instead of all these pansies in North Texas.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that Brownwood is heads and shoulders above all when it comes to tough schedules year in and year out. Just part of how we do things. It is rare that Brownwood goes undefeated in pre-district because of the tough opponents, but it really helps keep things in perspective as the season develops.

orange machine
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
What are you talkin about we have two tough teams this year. 4A Whitehouse who is DC dark horse with 1 of the top 3 qb in the state. Then Dangerfield who is in the same boat as Celina and Brownwood when it come to tradition. They are in the top 20 in 2A and most years can play with the best 3A programs in the state and yes i even mean Celina. Besides we kust be doing something right remember who has the most titles in the state of texas and by the way you play the best of the best in the state championship something Brownwood hasnt seen in a long time.:thumbsup: :wave:

Stownhorse
07-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Im going to say B'wood/ME. I still think they are going to have to prove themselves in 3A. You cant just walk in the door and recieve recognition for 0 wins while at the 3A level.

besides that, Sweetwater/Snyder... c'mon, thats a no-brainer.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
What are you talkin about we have two tough teams this year. 4A Whitehouse who is DC dark horse with 1 of the top 3 qb in the state. Then Dangerfield who is in the same boat as Celina and Brownwood when it come to tradition. They are in the top 20 in 2A and most years can play with the best 3A programs in the state and yes i even mean Celina. Besides we kust be doing something right remember who has the most titles in the state of texas and by the way you play the best of the best in the state championship something Brownwood hasnt seen in a long time.:thumbsup: :wave:

Put Celina in 3A for the last 25 years and you might have 3 State Championships. So you are saying Darkhorse teams and tradition-rich teams like Dangerfield are the same as LH, Stephenville, and La Vega? LOL Wow...

And no sir, you don't play the best of the best in the state championship. In theory, you should, but usually by the time we meet a team from the south and throw in the Divison I and II principle, that is simply not always the case. Nice try though...

BwdLions
07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Im going to say B'wood/ME. I still think they are going to have to prove themselves in 3A. You cant just walk in the door and recieve recognition for 0 wins while at the 3A level.

Gee, do ya think? What a profound statement. :crazy:

Rocket
07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

besides that, Sweetwater/Snyder... c'mon, thats a no-brainer.

Too late. We have already received recognition at the 3A level.
Sorry. :doh:

Stownhorse
07-10-2008, 04:09 PM
By who? a reatarded pre-season poll that doesnt mean jack at the end of the season? Yall havent even played a game yet so come flap your gums when district is over.

BILLYFRED0000
07-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Put Celina in 3A for the last 25 years and you might have 3 State Championships. So you are saying Darkhorse teams and tradition-rich teams like Dangerfield are the same as LH, Stephenville, and La Vega? LOL Wow...

And no sir, you don't play the best of the best in the state championship. In theory, you should, but usually by the time we meet a team from the south and throw in the Divison I and II prinicple, that is simply not the case. Nice try though...

I hate to say this but that is not supported by the facts. In modern 3a sans 1972 Celina is the only 3a or under school with more than 5 titles. All the other schools with more than 5 are or were till this year 4a or larger. In small school the talent levels are less because of the smaller sample of kids. In our case we have the coaching and philosophy to over come that but we are the only small school that goes back 50 years and remains in the top 5 or better in wins and or winning percentage in all classifications.

orange machine
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
billy i sure am glad your a Celina boy because you make perfect sense.

BwdLion73
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Stownhorse, I don't know about a retarded preseason poll but we started and are back home in 3A.

We loved it here and went to state .....let's see Oh yeah 7 times and won 6 in 3A!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
07-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I hate to say this but that is not supported by the facts. In modern 3a sans 1972 Celina is the only 3a or under school with more than 5 titles. All the other schools with more than 5 are or were till this year 4a or larger. In small school the talent levels are less because of the smaller sample of kids. In our case we have the coaching and philosophy to over come that but we are the only small school that goes back 50 years and remains in the top 5 or better in wins and or winning percentage in all classifications.

Fact and truth are 2 different things. Those are interesting facts and although Celina may be the only 3A with more than 5 Titles, it seems to me that if a program is developed and maintained (powerhouse status) and coaching philosophy also maintained, that this will produce a winning environment and attitude no matter what the level of play. And if you can find that in a smaller division, (Sealy), then it is easy to pick up 3-4 State Championships, boom boom boom. Now when the coach leaves, because he has been in that smaller division and wants to cash in on the success, he leaves the program and attitude in the hands of the not so good coach. We have seen this at Stephenville, Sealy, and so on. Now Celina has done well, but to compare a state championship in 2A to one in 3A-4A-5A is pointless. It is a state championship and a great honor. I have said over and over that to win a state championship you have to be both good and lucky. They are tough to win. Especially 4A and up.

So my argument is this. GA Moore built tradition and a program in 2A (formula for success at that level) combined it with the hard nosed talented kids in Celina and won championships. The other fact that you are leaving out is the fact that most good coaches move up asap to make the real money. They don't hang out in 2A-3A and stockpile championships. Just not smart money-wise.

Coaches' retirement depends on their Top 3 Year Average. Would it make alot of sense to make 55k in Celina when they could make up to 90k somewhere else? Um no. Not in modern day Texas High School Athletics.

RedWhiteBlue
07-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Fact and truth are 2 different things. Those are interesting facts and although Celina may be the only 3A with more than 5 Titles, it seems to me that if a program is developed and maintained (powerhouse status) and coaching philosophy also maintained, that this will produce a winning environment and attitude no matter what the level of play. And if you can find that in a smaller division, (Sealy), then it is easy to pick up 3-4 State Championships, boom boom boom. Now when the coach leaves, because he has been in that smaller division and wants to cash in on the success, he leaves the program and attitude in the hands of the not so good coach. We have seen this at Stephenville, Sealy, and so on. Now Celina has done well, but to compare a state championship in 2A to one in 3A-4A-5A is pointless. It is a state championship and a great honor. I have said over and over that to win a state championship you have to be both good and lucky. They are tough to win. Especially 4A and up.

So my argument is this. GA Moore built tradition and a program in 2A (formula for success at that level) combined it with the hard nosed talented kids in Celina and won championships. The other fact that you are leaving out is the fact that most good coaches move up asap to make the real money. They don't hang out in 2A-3A and stockpile championships. Just not smart money-wise.

Coaches' retirement depends on their Top 3 Year Average. Would it make alot of sense to make 55k in Celina when they could make up to 90k somewhere else? Um no. Not in modern day Texas High School Athletics.
Okay, I really tried to read that and make it make sense, but it just didn't. What are you really trying to say? That it is easier to win a state championship in 2A than it is in 3A, 4A & 5A? If a Coach wins a state championship in a sport in 2A it doesn't mean as much as a Coach who wins one in 3A or 4A?:thinking:

orange machine
07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Coach Ford has been in Celina for 20 plus years and learned under G.A and has been the AD since 2001 . The next coach in line to be the head man is coach Elliot and he has been here for 10 years i believe. When coaches come to Celina most stay a very long time. To me that shows that the coaches care about these kids and the program and are not in it for the money. In my opinion we have the best coaches in Texas because of what they have built here starting with G.A. Finally after coach Ford retires and lets hope its many years from now coach Elliot will have the same goals and style of play so we will be in good hands for the next 20+ years.

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Good lord these :crazy: posters from Brownwood are in for an eye opening time. Now don't get me wrong, I have seen some of these posts and they come from classy folks, but that one Rotney Davis is just an assy poster. Good grief, when did coaching kids become about the almighty dollar? You never been around coaching much I guess or let me put it this way, Good Coaching.

Brownwood vs. all to get back on subject. I can't wait until Liberty Hill stomps a mudhole in that arse and walks it dry. LHPM I hope you let the "Beast" read this carp Rotney :rolleyes: :rolleyes: slings.

cshscougar08
07-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm feeling ya bobcat1. I'm ready for La Vega to do the same to them too. I'll never have rooted so hard for La Vega in my life. And I don't even like La Vega!

Stownhorse
07-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Stownhorse, I don't know about a retarded preseason poll but we started and are back home in 3A.

We loved it here and went to state .....let's see Oh yeah 7 times and won 6 in 3A!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And what does that mean to me? In the present, not the past?

It doesnt mean jack.

STANG RED
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73

You do realize that 3A was the 2nd largest classification back then dont you? Which is what 4A is now. Not a big deal, just wanted to get the facts streight.

Stownhorse
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
You got my back stangred

Rocket
07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Coach Ford has been in Celina for 20 plus years and learned under G.A and has been the AD since 2001 . The next coach in line to be the head man is coach Elliot and he has been here for 10 years i believe. When coaches come to Celina most stay a very long time. To me that shows that the coaches care about these kids and the program and are not in it for the money. In my opinion we have the best coaches in Texas because of what they have built here starting with G.A. Finally after coach Ford retires and lets hope its many years from now coach Elliot will have the same goals and style of play so we will be in good hands for the next 20+ years.

This is why you have the most state championships. This is what I am trying to say. The REASON why 2A-3A schools do not have more championships is because they lose their coaches sooner.

Brownwood won all of their state championships under 1 coach and it sounds like the same thing is going on at Celina or the influence and program of 1 coach, Coach Moore.

Originally posted by bobcat1
Good lord these :crazy: posters from Brownwood are in for an eye opening time. Now don't get me wrong, I have seen some of these posts and they come from classy folks, but that one Rotney Davis is just an assy poster. Good grief, when did coaching kids become about the almighty dollar? You never been around coaching much I guess or let me put it this way, Good Coaching.

Brownwood vs. all to get back on subject. I can't wait until Liberty Hill stomps a mudhole in that arse and walks it dry. LHPM I hope you let the "Beast" read this carp Rotney :rolleyes: :rolleyes: slings.

Wow... I ticked somebody off...

Bobcat1 -
You aren't reading my post. What did I say that offended you? I have been around good coaching ALL MY LIFE. Good coaching at that. My dad is one of the best and I guess Gordon Wood, Randy Allen, Sam Harrell, and Steve Freeman are bad coaches? LOL

Randy Allen and Sam Harrell both make 100+ thousand a year and I am on a first name basis with both of them. Fine men and coaches that both have their share of state championships.

Sorry if I offended you, but I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was doing it at work, so I had to hurry!LOL

You need to take a drive out of Celina one afternoon and realize that there is a BIG world out there. And yes, money, makes it go round and round. I am not saying it is the key motivation of coaches, I am saying that if a coach has success in 2A-3A, 9 times out of 10, he will cash in on that and move up. You got the 1 that invested alot in Celina and it won you alot of games and championships and we had the same good fortune with Coach Wood.

I meant no ill will in my post toward Celina. I was saying that Celina had coaches that stuck with the town and that is why they have so many championships. The coach and his program puts the kids in position to win. PERIOD. Not the other way around. It might be my opinion that a 4A state championship may be harder to win, or 5A at that. But that is an argument for another day. Being the BIG dog in 2A didn't hurt your chances. My statement was that if you were the small dog in 3A all these years you may not have as many titles. The same goes for us, we won the majority of ours in 3A. We have 1 4A title. Smiliar to Celina's situation. We were a big school in 3A all th ose years we were winning state championships.

Posters from the Downlow, please read my posts with a smile. I am not trying to disrespect anybody's achievements.

Please read my post above slowly and try to understand it.

At least I put my name on all my posts and don't hide behind a username. Chicken. I am really a good guy. You just want to hate me. ;)

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I got some Chicken for ya Crawfish. I read it again and you back peddle pretty fast. http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9757/bser3.gif

Bobby Barnett for them that don't know.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Glad to meet ya, Bobby. Can we be friends?

FYI:
We whipped the fire out of Prosper today in 7 on 7. Pulled most of our starters at half. 47-18.
:D

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 06:41 PM
We can afterwards.

orange machine
07-10-2008, 06:41 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well congrats on beating Prosper big accoplishment!!

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I liked their senior night and the big eagle squating this year. I LMAO at their blow up doll and that God awful arse whopping they got. Sad for their seniors but they had to talk that smack just like Wakeland. I am sure glad we have a head coach that hates that kinda carp.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Somebody on here said Prosper would have given us trouble last season. I guess that is the "talent" you guys claim you beat last season. LOL

Trust me, Prosper was just another W.

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Somebody on here said Prosper would have given us trouble last season. I guess that is the "talent" you guys claim you beat last season. LOL

Yes we aren't good. Just lucky I guess.

Dear Lord *Bobcat1 Prays* If you would just grant me one wish...........

orange machine
07-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Crap we pounded Prosper last year in real football 62 to 13. Besides 7 on 7 is fun, but doesnt prove much really. We beat Crance last year for the 7 on 7 championship by a touchdown and then during the real season they were not so great so 7 on 7 is fun and keeps the kids in good shape, but thats about it.

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Crap we pounded Prosper last year in real football 62 to 13. Besides 7 on 7 is fun, but doesnt prove much really. We beat Crance last year for the 7 on 7 championship by a touchdown and then during the real season they were not so great so 7 on 7 is fun and keeps the kids in good shape, but thats about it.

That is all it is is conditioning and timing.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I got some Chicken for ya Crawfish. I read it again and you back peddle pretty fast. http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9757/bser3.gif

Bobby Barnett for them that don't know.

Which part did I backpeddle on? I really don't think my first post was that bad. You read everything I post in a defensive way. Just becaues I don't kiss your butt cuz you are from Celina. I could careless who you are Bobby Bobcat. Read what I have to say and call me assy or read it and call me classy, I will sleep just fine tonight. People that know me know who I am and what I am about. People on here just want to pat each other's butts all day. Too boring for me.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 07:03 PM

I agree. Trust me. Like I said, somebody told me on here that Prosper was one of the good teams ya'll beat last season and that they would have given us trouble. So maybe one of your guys needs a wake up call.

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Which part did I backpeddle on? I really don't think my first post was that bad. You read everything I post in a defensive way. Just becaues I don't kiss your butt cuz you are from Celina. I could careless who you are Bobby Bobcat. Read what I have to say and call me assy or read it and call me classy, I will sleep just fine tonight. People that know me know who I am and what I am about. People on here just want to pat each other's butts all day. Too boring for me.

Are you really that ignorant or were you dropped on your head. What part of "Would it make alot of sense to make 55k in Celina when they could make up to 90k somewhere else? Um no. Not in modern day Texas High School Athletics." was not what you said?

Our coaches love our kids and coach here because of the relationships they have here in the community not the money. Have you ever figured how many hours go into a 16 game season 2 years in a row for coaches only to start up off season 3 weeks later? Get a grip on reality.

Please Lord?????????

Anyway I want to change my answer to Celina - Brownwood

bwdlionfan
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
So I guess Art Briles going from winning 4 state titles at Stephenville, to assistant coach at Tech, to head coach at UH, to head coach of Baylor wasn't about the money.

pirate4state
07-10-2008, 07:14 PM
:vrycnfsd: :ack!: :crazy1:

I hate all of you! :kiss: :D

I await the day when people hate Sinton again. :devil: Well aside from the few crazies on this board that hate us for totally stupid reasons! :rolleyes: :inlove:

I ain't got nothing but love for ya! :wave:

orange machine
07-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Im sure it was some it, but the other is that he wanted to coach College Ball. Since Briles departure and many of the coaches they are not the same anymore. Bobcat is saying i think that our coaches stay because they love there job and the kids they workd with in Celina. Programs are built when coaches believe in what they are doing and stick around for the long haul.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Are you really that ignorant or were you dropped on your head. What part of "Would it make alot of sense to make 55k in Celina when they could make up to 90k somewhere else? Um no. Not in modern day Texas High School Athletics." was not what you said?

Our coaches love our kids and coach here because of the relationships they have here in the community not the money. Have you ever figured how many hours go into a 16 game season 2 years in a row for coaches only to start up off season 3 weeks later? Get a grip on reality.

Please Lord?????????

Anyway I want to change my answer to Celina - Brownwood

I know exactly how many hours go into a season. Lived it and done it myself as a coach. I SAID YOU HAVE A SPECIAL SITUATION IN CELINA. THAT IS WHY CELINA HAS SO MANY STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. My statement about money is that MOST coaches move up to bigger schools and more money. I gave your coaches nothing but compliments and you still won't back down.

You are to the point of not being smart enough to read what somebody is saying and comprehending. Wow...

Art Briles got 80k in 1988 because he promised to beat Brownwood.

He started out high at Stephenville and they were willing to pay him whatever to beat Brownwood. He was making a bunch of money back in the day. He paved the way for alot of coaches to make alot of money.

As far as my quote from earlier, take Celina out and put in another 2A-3A that will help you get through this. LOL

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I know exactly how many hours go into a season. Lived it and done it myself as a coach. I SAID YOU HAVE A SPECIAL SITUATION IN CELINA. THAT IS WHY CELINA HAS SO MANY STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. My statement about money is that MOST coaches move up to bigger schools and more money. I gave your coaches nothing but compliments and you still won't back down.

You are to the point of not being smart enough to read what somebody is saying and comprehending. Wow...

Learn to construct your thoughts intelligently and then put them on paper. Once you say something, stick to it like a man. You didn't say Most coaches, you singled out Celina in your statement. Go back and read it NN's.

Here ya go word for word.

"Would it make alot of sense to make 55k in Celina when they could make up to 90k somewhere else? Um no. Not in modern day Texas High School Athletics." by Rotney I didn't say that Davis

pirate4state
07-10-2008, 07:28 PM
pissing matches in july :2thumbsup :rolleyes:

Rocket
07-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Learn to construct your thoughts intelligently and then put them on paper. Once you say something, stick to it like a man. You didn't say Most coaches, you singled out Celina in your statement. Go back and read it NN's.

Here ya go word for word.

"Would it make alot of sense to make 55k in Celina when they could make up to 90k somewhere else? Um no. Not in modern day Texas High School Athletics." by Rotney I didn't say that Davis

I was making a point. Not against your staff or your town. I was saying that most coaches would not stick around Celina and make $55k after winning that many championships, they would move up and make more money. That is the way it works. Nothing against Coach Ford. I have all the respect for your coaches. They prove themselves time after time. I was simply making a point. YOU HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL AND BECUASE OF THAT YOU WIN.

;)

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry. Can someone take the Morooon back where he needs to be please.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I think my points went way over your head. That is sad. I bet most people on this board understand what I am trying to say. You just can't wrap your big swollen head around it.

Answer me this..after winning a state chmpionship, how many coaches go from a 3A to another 3A? I rest my case. And how many make the same or less than they made at the school they are moving from? Case closed.

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I think my points went way over your head. That is sad. I bet most people on this board understand what I am trying to say. You just can't wrap your big swollen head around it.

Right........... I got .......... No that would be too easy and I would be in timeout.

You really are full of yourself, aren't you? Everyone on here knows exactly what you meant.

Lord in Heaven grant me my one request for this year. Make that 2. Let Liberty Hill beat the pee waddlin poop out of Brownwood during the season and let Celina get lucky enough to see them in the semis.

Is there anyway that can happen bracket meisters?

ProudHornetMom
07-10-2008, 07:41 PM
pissing matches in july :2thumbsup :rolleyes:

:iagree: Gonna need an umbrella for the cast off spray.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Right........... I got .......... No that would be too easy and I would be in timeout.

You really are full of yourself, aren't you? Everyone on here knows exactly what you meant.

Lord in Heaven grant me my one request for this year. Make that 2. Let Liberty Hill beat the pee waddlin poop out of Brownwood during the season and let Celina get lucky enough to see them in the semis.

Is there anyway that can happen bracket meisters?

I would wish the same for you, but you aren't playing anybody this season that can beat you, as usual.

Do they know what I meant? What did I mean? What did I say that is so bad and not true?

I am sure God really cares about who beats who on Friday nights. But get yourself prayed up, you will need it in the Semi's.

Emerson1
07-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I would wish the same for you, but you aren't playing anybody this season that can beat you, as usual.

Do they know what I meant? What did I mean? What did I say that is so bad and not true?

Whitehouse went further then Brownwood did

Teams don't want to play celina, 3A teams they know they will lose, 4A teams don't want to risk losing to a little 3A school. If a crappy school is going to get beat down they might as well play a 4A team

BobcatBenny
07-10-2008, 07:47 PM

I believe you would have needed to comprehend that when a Celina person (any Celina person) says, "Prosper is a perenial 3A powerhouse", that is sarcasm.

Prosper always overrates themselves.

But, it wasn't sarcasm when I said, "they would have embarassed Brownwood last season!" :eek:

Rocket
07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
LOL...um ok, I get it.... you made a joke. ha ha

Rocket
07-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Whitehouse went further then Brownwood did

Teams don't want to play celina, 3A teams they know they will lose, 4A teams don't want to risk losing to a little 3A school. If a crappy school is going to get beat down they might as well play a 4A team

You must be talking about North Texas teams that they are willing to drive to. I am sure Brownwood wanted some of them, just wasn't in the cards. We always play the best if we can.

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 07:57 PM
You must be talking about North Texas teams that they are willing to drive to. I am sure Brownwood wanted some of them, just wasn't in the cards. We always play the best if we can.

Just get there. You will.

BobcatBenny
07-10-2008, 08:17 PM
... We always play the best if we can.
If Brownwood can? LOL

The best is Liberty Hill and Brownwood can't. :eek:

There will be no playing by Brownwood when the Lions meet the Panthers. It will be a drilling by Liberty Hill and the Lions will simply be taking a beating. :doh:

When coach Vance and Liberty Hill give Brownwood that schooling, please take notes, so that you can refer back to them when every poster on this board asks you over and over again, "What happened?" :nerd:

Rocket
07-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I noticed Celina isn't playing them. Figures. Who is on your schedule again? Shady Acres Retirement Center and Frisco Junior High? LOL... get a real schedule and then come talk some trash. Celina may win but who are they playing? Hmm, something to ponder.

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 08:44 PM
We never play anyone. Of course we wouldn't trade what we got last year for what Brownwood got either.

orange machine
07-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I hope we get to play Brownwood, not really because of all the trash talk, but because it would be fun. Celina who is king of the state with all the titles and Brownwood who wants to be like Celina and have there 8th title. May the best team win. One thing i have heard from many many people is never bet against the Bobcats.

Remember Celina doesnt rebuild we reload.

pirate4state
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I hope we get to play Brownwood, not really because of all the trash talk, but because it would be fun. Celina who is king of the state with all the titles and Brownwood who wants to be like Celina and have there 8th title. May the best team win. One thing i have heard from many many people is never bet against the Bobcats.

Remember Celina doesnt rebuild we reload. :ack!: :spitlol: :taunt: :helpme:

It's a miracle the board hasn't exploded under all these egos!

bobcat1
07-10-2008, 09:12 PM
:ack!: :spitlol: :taunt: :helpme:

It's a miracle the board hasn't exploded under all these egos!
You know right..........:ditto: :iagree: :2thumbsup :wave: :tongue:

BobcatBenny
07-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I noticed Celina isn't playing them. Figures. Who is on your schedule again? Shady Acres Retirement Center and Frisco Junior High? LOL... get a real schedule and then come talk some trash. Celina may win but who are they playing? Hmm, something to ponder.
Hello ... McFly ... knock ... knock! :D

Liberty Hill isn't playing Celina because they needed a patsy for their homecoming game.

Guess who they scheduled? ... Brownwood! :doh:

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

DaHop72
07-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Dang RM, this is as good or better than Sweetwater/Snyder and they haven't even played each other.:) :)

Ranger Mom
07-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Dang RM, this is as good or better than Sweetwater/Snyder and they haven't even played each other.:) :)

LOL!! I just spent the last 20 minutes catching up!!

Based on this thread only, my vote has to go to Celina/Brownwood....or maybe Bobcat1/OrangeMachine vs. Rocket!!:D

Oh...and Rocket...I don't consider the majority here "hiding behind a username."....I have seen you post that more than once. Just because my name isn't on my signature doesn't mean I am hiding. I have met well over 100 people on this board in person, the majority go by our given names in the chat....stick around a little longer before you make such a broad assessment of us.

I think Dahop72 said it best with his 5000th post:

For my 5000th post, I will give my take on the downlow. I consider the downlow to be a good place to keep up with football during the season, but more than that I consider the downlow to be my extended family. Many of you come on here to do nothing more than gripe and belly ache about every little thing that comes up. If it’s during football season you get all booty hurt if someone disagrees with you about your team or who’s the best QB. During the off season you gripe and belly ache about non football thread. Why not try to be a part and get to know the people that comprise the body of this board. If you should choose to do so you would know people by dual names, real and screen name. This is a simple thing for most of you but for some it would be hard.

Here are a list of some of my friends: Kellye, Rita, Debbie, Tony, Matt, Talena, Lori, Lorey, Jill, Grant, Cary, Forrest, Rick, Ross, Jeremy, Tim, Matt, Donnie, Ray, Effie, Michael, Mike, Marlin, Gary, Jesse, Casey, Scott, Rueben, Reggie, Byron, Larry, Madison, Tomas, Josh, Colton, Tim, Ryan, Mark, Jared, Cody, Ted, Meg, Amy, Daniel, Walter, Derrick, Mike, Nate, Andres, Bryson, Chris, Ty, and of course Ashton. These are people that without the downlow I would have never known and what a loss it would have been for me. These are people who have prayed for each other, laughed with and at each other and cried with each other as well. If you read this list and don’t know these people by their given names then you are missing out on a great blessing in your life. I look forward to adding names to this list as time goes by.

For those of you who only come on the board to gripe about how things are run, about favorites or to show disrespect for your town or other towns you are missing the boat.

There is nothing wrong with trash talking about rivalry games with people from those towns if it is civil. Some of the best threads that you can read are when people throw rocks at each other in good fun and don’t get all booty hurt.

For the small clique that is on here and your only goal is to piss and moan about things on this board, you should probably join in the camaraderie of this board or stay on the other board with your “friends” where you can say and do what you want and not worry that some “mod” is going to clip your wings.

For the younger ones, trust me you will learn that there is a broad base of wisdom on this board some young some older who you can learn from. Some learn the easy way and some learn the hard way.

BwdLions
07-11-2008, 10:13 AM

Is there really a town called "Crance?"