PDA

View Full Version : State 7 on 7 pools Div II

Dogman_1969
07-07-2008, 12:50 PM
2008 State 7 on 7 Pools
Division II (1A, 2A, 3A)
Click here for a printable version of the Division II Pools
Pools A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H – Follow schedule on left at bottom of page & start at 1pm on Thursday.

Pool A Pool B Pool C Pool D
1 Giddings 1 Gatesville 1 Diboll 1 Glen Rose
2 Paradise 2 Crockett 2 Iraan 2 Wellington
3 Longview Spring Hill 3 Houston 2nd Baptist 3 Prosper 3 Waco Reicher
4 Hitchcock 4 Lovejoy 4 Hardin 4 Navasota

Pool E Pool F Pool G Pool H
1 Melissa 1 Santa Rosa 1 Brownwood 1 Rockdale
2 Carthage 2 Marion 2 Kirbyville 2 Celina
3 Normangee 3 West 3 Jasper 3 La Villa
4 Rice Consolidated 4 Childress 4 Bandera 4 Crane

Pools A-H
1:00 p.m.
Field A: Team 1 vs Team 2
Field B: Team 3 vs Team 4

Pools A-H
2:00 p.m.
Field A: Team 1 vs Team 3
Field B: Team 2 vs Team 4

Pools A-H
3:00 p.m.
Field A: Team 1 vs Team 4
Field B: Team 2 vs Team 3

5:00pm
Teams will play their 1st round of tournament games at Penberthy.

** All teams will play in the bracket tournament!
** The 1st round of single elimination will be Thursday at 5 pm.
** There is no Consolation Bracket

BEAST
07-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I have attended the 7 on 7 state tourney for several years now but this will be my first time at the Div. 2 level as this is the first time Brownwood has played at that level. So, I am asking how does this work. I know how the Div. 1 level plays, but I saw where all teams play in the bracket tourney.

My question is this, does the pool play count for anything. Seeding or anything. If not, how does it work.

BEAST

Dogman_1969
07-07-2008, 01:12 PM
seeding only. But sometimes that doesn't matter much. Last year there was a team that won their pool and a lower seeded team from their pool received a bi in the 1 st round of eliminations due to 2 other teams being disqualified for fighting...

Go figure that. I just as soon have the top "Rated" teams in my pool since ratings mean absolutely nothing...................

BEAST
07-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks.

BEAST

BEAST
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Dogman you said teams will play the first round of tournament at Penberthy starting at 5:00Pm. Where are the pool games played?

BEAST

Dogman_1969
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I think at the same place. Last year it was at the soccer fields.

Matthew328
07-07-2008, 06:49 PM
All pool play and the first two rounds of single elimination are at Penberthy

bandera7
07-07-2008, 08:50 PM
hmm. We have a rough little bracket. Should be fun.

Dogman_1969
07-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Rockdale has Celina, Crane & La Villa. Should be fun.

JasperDog94
07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Rockdale has Celina, Crane & La Villa. Should be fun. Pools G & H are both loaded.

Brownwood, Jasper, Kirbyville, and Bandera.:eek: :) :)

BEAST
07-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Anybody bold enough to pick a final 4. I know it will be hard because pool play determining the bracket, nobody knows what path their team will have to take.

That being said, I will take The Wood. I know shocker ha:p .

Anyway, and other predictions. I think Celina, Glen Rose & Rockdale will be tough outs. I am sure I am missing some others. Not trying to start a smack talkin session. Just curious what everyone thinks.

BEAST

dog1515
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
im picking marion, celina, brownwood, and gatesville. should be a good one

Matthew328
07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Hmm based on my picks and the fact that I know the bracket format LOL here is what I think

Navasota
Diboll
Celina
Brownwood

LH Panther Mom
07-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Hmm based on my picks and the fact that I know the bracket format LOL here is what I think

Navasota
Diboll
Celina
Brownwood
How much or often do teams practice for this? Oh yeah, and would a loss to a team earlier in the pretend season mean much now?

Matthew328
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
it all depends most teams practice maybe once week max.....if they qualify for state they might ramp practice up and practice 2 or 3 times the week leading up to state

celinaorange
07-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Celina plays every Monday and Tuesday (Plus 2 SQT on 2 week-ends). Mondays are in Celina and teams from Frisco , Anna, Prosper, Farmersville, and Celina participate. A total of 16 games are played (8 jv games and 8 varsity games are played on 4 fields). Celina has 4 jv and 2 varsity teams that play on Monday. Tuesday's games are played at Frisco Liberty on four fields with generally 4 jv games being played and 8 varsity games. Teams that participate at Frisco are Celina, Frisco Wakeland, Frisco Liberty, Lovejoy, Lewisville The Colony, and Prestonwood. Celina has 2 jv teams and 1 varsity that play at Frisco on Tuesday. Celina's main varsity lost to Brownwood in the SQT at Arlington. That is the only game that the main varsity has lost this summer.

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by celinaorange
Celina plays every Monday and Tuesday (Plus 2 SQT on 2 week-ends). Mondays are in Celina and teams from Frisco , Anna, Prosper, Farmersville, and Celina participate. A total of 16 games are played (8 jv games and 8 varsity games are played on 4 fields). Celina has 4 jv and 2 varsity teams that play on Monday. Tuesday's games are played at Frisco Liberty on four fields with generally 4 jv games being played and 8 varsity games. Teams that participate at Frisco are Celina, Frisco Wakeland, Frisco Liberty, Lovejoy, Lewisville The Colony, and Prestonwood. Celina has 2 jv teams and 1 varsity that play at Frisco on Tuesday.
Thanks for the info!

Celina's main varsity lost to Brownwood in the SQT at Arlington. That is the only game that the main varsity has lost this summer.
Brownwood lost to Rockdale at Gatesville. Maybe the Rock isn't as bad as some of the folks on here think! :eek: :eek: :)

Dogman_1969
07-08-2008, 08:47 AM

Navasota
Diboll
Celina
Brownwood

After the pool play are they going to seed teams in the playoff bracket or has this already been determined? I personally think that they should seed you based on how you do in pool play.

Is there a place to see where folks are ranked going in the tourney?

Matthew328
07-08-2008, 10:07 AM
This is classified information

Here are the bracket play seedings

A-1 vs. E-4

B-2 vs. F-3

C-2 vs. G-3

D-1 vs. H-4

C-1 vs. G-4

D-3 vs. H-2

E-2 vs. A-3

B-1 vs. F-4

F-1 vs. B-4

E-3 vs. A-2

H-3 vs. D-2

G-1 vs. C-4

H-1 vs. D-4

C-3 vs. G-2

F-2 vs. B-3

E-1 vs. A-4

pirate4state
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
This is classified information

Not anymore! :p

Buffgal
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
I may be overlooking information on the rivals 7x7 website but

it shows the schedule as
Pool A-H
1pm Field A-Team 1 vs Team 2
Field B Team 3 vs Team 4
Then 2pm, 3 pm same thing

I understand this part BUT when you look at the map of Penberthy Field there are 10 fields marked "A" and 10 fields marked "B"......

How do you know what field you play on? Is this something you find out when you check in?

With relatives coming to watch, I'm trying to get them where they need to be and Penberthy fields are alot of area to cover.

If anyone has any insight, please fill me in. Thanks

Matthew328
07-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Giddings is in Pool A so they'll be on field 1A and 1B....fields 9 and 10 are only for the Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals

Matthew328
07-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Also be prepared to walk a long way!

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
... Oh yeah, and would a loss to a team earlier in the pretend season mean much now?
It would be demoralizing if a team that relies on passing for their offense lost to Liberty Hill in 7 on 7. :eek:

Now, I would think for many teams, it is the defensive practice they pick-up that is of the greatest benefit.

Celina relies strongly, during actual football season, on the players being able to pass defend 1 on 1. Honestly ... I think the summer 7 on 7 work paid off at the end of the State Championship game this year. CS was tough. :nerd:

And ... I am sticking with my Rockdale prediction. They may surprise some folks!

gatordaze
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Celina plays every Monday and Tuesday (Plus 2 SQT on 2 week-ends). Mondays are in Celina and teams from Frisco , Anna, Prosper, Farmersville, and Celina participate. A total of 16 games are played (8 jv games and 8 varsity games are played on 4 fields). Celina has 4 jv and 2 varsity teams that play on Monday. Tuesday's games are played at Frisco Liberty on four fields with generally 4 jv games being played and 8 varsity games. Teams that participate at Frisco are Celina, Frisco Wakeland, Frisco Liberty, Lovejoy, Lewisville The Colony, and Prestonwood. Celina has 2 jv teams and 1 varsity that play at Frisco on Tuesday. Celina's main varsity lost to Brownwood in the SQT at Arlington. That is the only game that the main varsity has lost this summer.

I am pretty sure that loss was in the absence of Charley and Troy! We have not yet fielded one varsity team as we evenly split them to make two teams. Any idea how they are going to combine the two teams for state?

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I am pretty sure that loss was in the absence of Charley and Troy! We have not yet fielded one varsity team as we evenly split them to make two teams. Any idea how they are going to combine the two teams for state?

I am assuming that they will put their best team on the field at some point in the state run. At least that is what I assume.

Old Tiger
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Thanks for the info!

Brownwood lost to Rockdale at Gatesville. Maybe the Rock isn't as bad as some of the folks on here think! :eek: :eek: :) Rockdale has been good in 7on7 since I've played....so about 2002 summer of....

Qualified for the big school state tournament in the summer of 05.
Qualified last year and this year in the small school state tournament

bandera7
07-09-2008, 12:57 AM
This may be a shocker, but I am picking Bandera for the final four. We have only lost once, to Waco Reicher, which we should have won...we were up 21-6 at half I believe. Our offense just fell apart, and theirs started running on all cylinders. Our bracket play will be a lot of fun, four good teams in it.

trojan37
07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I never have really tuned in to the 7 on 7 stuff, but I know China Spring qualified for the tournament. What bracket are they in?

Old Tiger
07-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I never have really tuned in to the 7 on 7 stuff, but I know China Spring qualified for the tournament. What bracket are they in? they're not attending because coach bell wants his players to rest up for 2 a days which is about 3 weeks away and to prevent injuries...

Injury excuse I can see but the resting up for 2 a days is horse crap. I don't see why you wouldn't want your young QB to get some more reps in the passing game before 2 a days

Dogman_1969
07-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I never have really tuned in to the 7 on 7 stuff, but I know China Spring qualified for the tournament. What bracket are they in?

The are not in the bracket. Coach pulled them out to rest..............

LH Panther Mom
07-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Injury excuse I can see but the resting up for 2 a days is horse crap. I don't see why you wouldn't want your young QB to get some more reps in the passing game before 2 a days
That's why he gets paid to coach, and you...well, we just let you hang around to gripe about it. :p

cshscougar08
07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Thank you. Thank you. My thoughts exactly. Although I also find it weird, but he's the coach and I'm not for a reason. And Go Blue, B will get plenty of reps in district play if you get my drift. :D ;)

Old Tiger
07-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Thank you. Thank you. My thoughts exactly. Although I also find it weird, but he's the coach and I'm not for a reason. And Go Blue, B will get plenty of reps in district play if you get my drift. :D ;) will he? I think his backup may be getting more :p