PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Bulldog Stadium Construction

blowfish
07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Click here to see the progress on the new field.

http://www.abilenewyliebulldogs.com/stadium_construction.htm

ronwx5x
07-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Click here to see the progress on the new field.

It's surprising to see a track around the field. I thought most schools were getting away from that lately. Shows how much I know!

Looks like it will be a place to be proud of when finished.

Emerson1
07-07-2008, 12:19 PM
How big is the home side?

blowfish
07-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Guess I should have explained more.
RIght now they are working on the new turf for the field. They are also paving the parking lots north of the field and east of the visitor side.

My understanding is that at some point there will be additions to the seating on the visitor side and the home side.

If you have ever been to a game it is always crowded.

blowfish
07-07-2008, 12:23 PM
The track isnt new. We have had it for several years now.

ronwx5x
07-07-2008, 03:44 PM
The track isnt new. We have had it for several years now.

Is this a brand new stadium/field or a remodel of the existing?

blowfish
07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
This is remodeling of our existing stadium. New artificial turf. We used to have grass. The north and east parking lots were cliche and they have been sealed to keep the dust off the new turf. Not sure when but additions to the vistor seating and home seating will also be done. I believe they are also going to do some renovation to the press box as well.

injuredinmelee
07-07-2008, 05:48 PM
the bleacher additions will begin after football season concludes. I think the parking lots are being chip sealed but not paved. The chip sealing was a must to keep the dirt off the new carpet. I was also told that the grassy area in front of the school will also be turned into a parking lot in the next 2 years.

Texasfootball2
07-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Actually the visitor bleachers will be added onto between the last non-district home game and the first home district game. There is a road game against Canyon and an open date inbetween. The company assured them they could complete the additions in 8-10 days.

lostaussie
07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
looks to be something to be really proud of. send us a shot when it is finished. nothing like a stadium that you can't wait to walk into:thumbsup:

wyliegrad04
07-07-2008, 08:46 PM
injured - drove by the HS on the way out to the parents house july 4th and they have already torn up the grass in front of the school ... so they are doing that parking lot now. will be good for basketball, can park a lot closer now.

injuredinmelee
07-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Went and watched the Bulldogs play in the ACU 7on7 league tonight. Looked good against Bwood and Cooper. Bwood's Vacarro(sp) is a beast.

scrub c
07-07-2008, 10:31 PM
wow that is going to look GREAT

injuredinmelee
07-08-2008, 01:28 PM
how often do they update the pic? I guess I could always drive by.

nobogey72
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I talked to the engineer that was hired by the school district to oversee the project, and he said that the next step is to paint the lines over the gravel ( I know that sounds stupid) to make sure all the measurements are exact. Then, will come the actual surface. He said that by Friday, the surface should be on the site and ready to put down next week. So------ there you have it.:D

blowfish
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
They are out there today doing the lines. I have been looking at the webcam off and on and they are scurring around like busy bees. Bogey do you know what the stuff rolled up on the south end is? I not sure if there is a mat that goes between the gravel and the turf or what.

As they start the actually laying of the turf I will try to update the website with as many pictures as I can.

RedWhiteBlue
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
They are out there today doing the lines. I have been looking at the webcam off and on and they are scurring around like busy bees. Bogey do you know what the stuff rolled up on the south end is? I not sure if there is a mat that goes between the gravel and the turf or what.

As they start the actually laying of the turf I will try to update the website with as many pictures as I can.
They put down rubber matting between the gravel and our turf. That may be their next step with yours. Just a guess. But of course, you need the expert opinion from your man Bogey.:thinking:

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I talked to the engineer that was hired by the school district to oversee the project, and he said that the next step is to paint the lines over the gravel ( I know that sounds stupid) to make sure all the measurements are exact. Then, will come the actual surface. He said that by Friday, the surface should be on the site and ready to put down next week. So------ there you have it.:D
Dude. You know we think everything you say sounds stupid. ;)

Somehow I knew, nobogey would be telling those engineers how to do their job! :D

injuredinmelee
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM

i was told by someone on the school board that the engineer that is doing the installation just did Lambeau Field.

VWG
07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
2-3A should have some of the best sports facilities around.
Brownwood's football stadium is top notch, Wylie is upgrading, Graham got turf last year and I heard they were adding a new scoreboard, Buckaroos getting turf.......

blowfish
07-09-2008, 10:31 AM
And dont forget the Mustang bowl has pink end zones....

BreckTxLonghorn
07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by VWG
2-3A should have some of the best sports facilities around.
Brownwood's football stadium is top notch, Wylie is upgrading, Graham got turf last year and I heard they were adding a new scoreboard, Buckaroos getting turf.......

Brownwood and Snyder are the only two without turf, right? Never been to Snyder's, but B-wood doesn't really need turf to be considered a good stadium/field. Totally agree on how the 2-3A tour will be some of the nicest.

How long has Sweetwater had turf?

Looking4number8
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Brownwood has played with turf on its home field for the past 5 years ( I think that number is correct)

BreckTxLonghorn
07-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Brownwood has played with turf on its home field for the past 5 years ( I think that number is correct)

Wow, can you tell its been awhile since I've played haha.

So does that makes Snyder the only team still playing on real grass?

DaHop72
07-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Wow, can you tell its been awhile since I've played haha.

So does that makes Snyder the only team still playing on real grass? :thinking: :thinking: Snyder is installing turf this summer, will be ready by the first game.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: Snyder is installing turf this summer, will be ready by the first game.

Nice.

DaHop72
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Nice. Also thanks to the toronado we will be replacing the scoreboard (again) and the lights.

garciap77
07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: Snyder is installing turf this summer, will be ready by the first game.

What color will your endzones be? I hope not pink!:D ;)

nobogey72
07-10-2008, 10:34 AM
I went by there this morning and they were laying out the actual surface. They had started on the north endzone and were laying out that beautiful purple stuff. It will say WYLIE in white on one endzone and BULLDOGS on the other enzone in white. It will look a lot like Graham's but just a lot better:taunt: :taunt:

RedWhiteBlue
07-10-2008, 10:47 AM
I went by there this morning and they were laying out the actual surface. They had started on the north endzone and were laying out that beautiful purple stuff. It will say WYLIE in white on one endzone and BULLDOGS on the other enzone in white. It will look a lot like Graham's but just a lot better:taunt: :taunt:
Until the purple fades and it turns.....VIOLET!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

garciap77
07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Until the purple fades and it turns.....VIOLET!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

You must be thinking Sweetwater our colors don't fade!:D :p ;)

RedWhiteBlue
07-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You must be thinking Sweetwater our colors don't fade!:D :p ;)
Good one!!!:clap: :clap: They are supposed to be putting in our new scoreboards this week. I have to admit that I am not like Bogey and drive by twice a day and check progress.......

garciap77
07-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Good one!!!:clap: :clap: They are supposed to be putting in our new scoreboards this week. I have to admit that I am not like Bogey and drive by twice a day and check progress.......

What else is there to do, when you are rich and famous like Bogey!:D ;)

If you are nice when you come play us, he may let you come up to the press box and sit with him!;)

Rocket
07-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Went and watched the Bulldogs play in the ACU 7on7 league tonight. Looked good against Bwood and Cooper. Bwood's Vacarro(sp) is a beast.

WOOOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... ;)

BwdLions
07-10-2008, 03:10 PM

All I can say is it's about time Graham put in a new scoreboard. The old one's been malfunctioning for at least three years.

RedWhiteBlue
07-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
What else is there to do, when you are rich and famous like Bogey!:D ;)

If you are nice when you come play us, he may let you come up to the press box and sit with him!;)
I went up last year and met he and his buddy here at Graham. I decided if you guys schedule us for homecoming this year that he has to buy me a mum.:inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
07-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
All I can say is it's about time Graham put in a new scoreboard. The old one's been malfunctioning for at least three years.
I know, I know. No more of "The Night the Lights and Scoreboard Went Out in Graham"! We are pretty pumped. Of course, it is no Zigatron, but it will be pretty sweet. I will go by when I get off today and check it out.

injuredinmelee
07-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I know, I know. No more of "The Night the Lights and Scoreboard Went Out in Graham"! We are pretty pumped. Of course, it is no Zigatron, but it will be pretty sweet. I will go by when I get off today and check it out.

see you really are like bogey. Its okay we all want to be like him.

Stownhorse
07-10-2008, 03:52 PM

If you have ever been to a game it is always crowded.

Because Wylie should be 4A...

nobogey72
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
I went up last year and met he and his buddy here at Graham. I decided if you guys schedule us for homecoming this year that he has to buy me a mum.:inlove:

Hey, watch your grammar. It should be "and met HIM and his buddy" not "HE and his buddy".:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :kiss:

RedWhiteBlue
07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey, watch your grammar. It should be "and met HIM and his buddy" not "HE and his buddy".:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :kiss:
Sorry, being from the sticks- I didn't get all that fancy grammar you got!!!:doh: :kiss:

K-MAC Chuck
07-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I believe they are also going to do some renovation to the press box as well.

I hope so - the K-MAC Sports/Liberty Hill broadcast crew will be stormin' into Wylie for THAT game! :D :clap:

STANG RED
07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
When those guys get finished with the Wylie stadium, send them to Sweetwater please. I drive by the bowl every weekend to see what is happening with the upgrades, but havent seen a lick of work thats been done yet. I know the bond passed, so I know they have the money, so now I'm getting a little pisst that no work is going on. :mad: :mad: :mad:

injuredinmelee
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
I hope so - the K-MAC Sports/Liberty Hill broadcast crew will be stormin' into Wylie for THAT game! :D :clap:

we will be deeply honored. Will save you a seat at Joe Allens before the game.

michaelp23
07-10-2008, 10:15 PM

Don't send them to Joe Allen's. That place has lost its luster since they moved. Joe's ex-wife, Sharon, has a place (Sharon's BBQ) that is much better. It's more on par with what Joe's used to be.

By the way, I drove by the stadium tonight. Sure enough, the first of the actual playing surface is going down. They had the turf behind the North Endzone and about 3 yards of the endzone down. The purple in the endzones will look sharp when its all done!:clap:

injuredinmelee
07-11-2008, 12:57 AM

I still prefer Joe's. At least you didnt send them to Lytle. Def hate that place.

trojan37
07-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I have to check out the upgraded Wylie stadium. I might show when La Vega goes to Abilene.

slingshot
07-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Perini's... but you might want to make your reservations now!:D

injuredinmelee
07-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by slingshot

good luck with that... lol

blowfish
07-13-2008, 06:57 PM

Looks like they are to the twenty five yard line now.

blowfish
07-13-2008, 06:59 PM
I was told they broke their sewing machine during the week and had to wait for a replacement. Looks like they are moving along well now.

Daddy D 11
07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by slingshot

Perinis is amazing :D :D

K-MAC Chuck
07-13-2008, 09:26 PM

We appreciate it..
I'll be sure the crew hooks up with you - soon..
Feel free to PM me your contact info, if you'd be so kind..

I myself hope to make it up there for this game...