PDA

View Full Version : A Good Story about Vick's Pitts....must read!

mustang04
07-07-2008, 07:30 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25564825/

this is really good to hear that several dogs are recovering....and the story has a good point on the second page!!

big daddy russ
07-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Great read. And that second page has one of the best quotes about pits I've ever read in a newspaper article.

Indeed, long before a glowering pit bull came to symbolize tough guy vogue, pit bulls, or American Staffordshire terriers, were the all-American dog. In the Civil War era, they were known as nurse dogs because they were so good with children. Pit bulls sold war bonds, earned medals in World War I and starred in such TV shows as "The Little Rascals."

mustang04
07-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Great read. And that second page has one of the best quotes about pits I've ever read in a newspaper article.

thats a good one...i also like where it says this:

Just as the urge to fight is in their blood, so, too, is the need to get along. "You have 150 years of man trying to produce an aggressive dog. But you have tens of thousands of years of Mother Nature preceding that," he said. "Dogs are pack animals. They survived because of their pack. . . . It's hard-wired into their genes that they do no harm to each other."

pirate4state
07-07-2008, 11:08 AM
but, but.... ;)

Macarthur
07-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
but, but.... ;)

:rolleyes:

Look, I am glad that they seem to have made good pets out of some of these dogs. I have no ill will to the dogs; it's not their fault. But as the guy with the Human Society said, I don't think we need to turn a blind eye and assume everything will be okay going forward with all these dogs.

As the guy said, the fighting is in their blood. If something can be done to "reverse" these irresponsible breeding issues, great.

mustang04
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
:rolleyes:

I don't think we need to turn a blind eye and assume everything will be okay going forward with all these dogs.

As the guy said, the fighting is in their blood. If something can be done to "reverse" these irresponsible breeding issues, great.

i really dont think anyone at any point said we should turn a blind eye.......