PDA

View Full Version : Lynyrd Skynyrd concert

lepfan
07-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I will be there Saturday night...Randy Rogers Band and I think they said Kevin Fowler were gonna be there too! Best part is we will be in VIP section and are getting in for FREE!!!! I am excited!!!

Trashman
07-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I will be there Saturday night...Randy Rogers Band and I think they said Kevin Fowler were gonna be there too! Best part is we will be in VIP section and are getting in for FREE!!!! I am excited!!!

I'm a big fan of Skynard and I am envious to say the least!. Have a great time!

Emerson1
07-05-2008, 11:53 PM
KF will put on the best show out of all 3, RR has the best music, Skynyrd will just be a time filler :D

carter08
07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Is Skynyrd still any good?

Emerson1
07-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Is Skynyrd still any good?
I watched one of their concerts on TV and it sounded pretty bad

TexanAlum_06
07-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I have seen skynyrd 3 times in the past 2 years and to be honest i wasnt to impressed by them. they didnt sound very good. prolly wasnt them. it might have been just a bad sound guy. during freebird i couldnt even hear the solo. all i heard was the drums and that was it. it was dissapointing. plus they play the songs with more of a country sound now. which is also dissapointing... i have heard numerous other bands from that era such as boston, pink floyd and styx to name a few and they all sounded way better live.....

lepfan
07-06-2008, 01:14 AM
We just got in....Skynyrd was GREAT!!!! They put on an awesome show. No problems understanding them-- Kevin Fowler was pretty good too...he worked the crowd and everyone got into his show...I have to say Randy Rogers Band was my least fav of the 3...they were the ones you couldn't hardly understand...and all their songs seemed to have the same beat to them.

footballgal
07-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Man I missed that on HDTV- TWC and I forgot to set the dvr. I am sure they will replay it.

Gobbla2001
07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
RRB's lyrics are hard to understand because it's not about stereotypical redneck stuff... 'sayin...

jason
07-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I'm a big fan of Skynard and I am envious to say the least!. Have a great time! must not be that big of a fan if you can't even spell the band name right...

Gobbla2001
07-06-2008, 10:34 PM
they seriously need to change the name... it's not skynyrd...

not gunna hate on 'em, but had the plane accident never happened, and they had all continued the band from there, It would have never been like this... there's just no way... it would have petered out in the early 80's, one good attempt at an album in the '00's and that'd be that, the way it was supposed to be...

Emerson1
07-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
they seriously need to change the name... it's not skynyrd...

not gunna hate on 'em, but had the plane accident never happened, and they had all continued the band from there, It would have never been like this... there's just no way... it would have petered out in the early 80's, one good attempt at an album in the '00's and that'd be that, the way it was supposed to be...
That is why Nirvana is considered so great, no suicide/murder no huge fame like they still have

Gobbla2001
07-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That is why Nirvana is considered so great, no suicide/murder no huge fame like they still have

I still think Nirvana would be at least 'almost' as big and still considered great... kinda like Pearl Jam... just depends on how stable the band would have been on the personal level...

I also think Lynyrd Skynyrd would be ALMOST as popular... they still would have had a few more albums with GREAT tunes on them, but the music of the 80s would have changed and they wouldn't have changed with it so they'd just throw in the towel...

there would be no way for them to throw something out in the 90's IMO, the huge growth of alternative wouldn't have allowed it... In the '00s it's cool to go throw-back with a little bit of an updated sound, I think they would have had a market and could have done something great for the hell of it...

the band today is just feeding off of freebird, sweet home alabama and a rebel flag-lovin' folks... nothing wrong with that, it's just not what it should have been...

just my opinions here