PDA

View Full Version : Vacations

coach
07-04-2008, 03:55 PM
who is all going on vacations and where or where have yall gone

Antec
07-04-2008, 04:06 PM
We're heading to Eastern Carribean cruising on Freedom Of The Season on July 27.

Well go to St Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and St Marten

coach
07-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Antec
We're heading to Eastern Carribean cruising on Freedom Of The Season on July 27.

Well go to St Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and St Marten

thats neat i will be heading to Turks and Caicos Bahama islands on Aug 3-9

sinton66
07-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I just got back from mine. Went to San Antonio to help my daughter and son-in-law move into their new house.

hawkfan
07-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I just got back. Left June 12th for London for 3 days, then on to Paris for 3 days. Then flew back on the 19th, spent the night at home, then drove from Athens to Colorado Springs and spent a week with the in-laws. Then left Monday the 30th and came to Iowa Park and spent 5 days bass fishing with my parents. Got back about 2:15 today. Anybody top that one?:p

Looking4number8
07-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I actually took two vacations in June. The first one, I took my senior to be daughter to the Womens College World Series... that was awesome. Probally wont be the last time I go there.

After that I worked one week, then went to Vegas for 4 days. Vegas was neat, but being old, I prefered the softball!

Got 2 weeks left, think I will spend those of the present trend of "stay-cation" and spend them at home later in the year.

SWMustang
07-05-2008, 01:56 AM
going to south padre Aug. 8th for a week. Really want to go to Europe for a week some day - France and Germany

pirate4state
07-05-2008, 02:09 AM
no vacations for me :weeping:

i'd love to go visit some friends in Olympia, WA :(

eppy 12
07-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
I just got back. Left June 12th for London for 3 days, then on to Paris for 3 days. Then flew back on the 19th, spent the night at home, then drove from Athens to Colorado Springs and spent a week with the in-laws. Then left Monday the 30th and came to Iowa Park and spent 5 days bass fishing with my parents. Got back about 2:15 today. Anybody top that one?:p obviously that cheerleader can;)

Ranger Mom
07-05-2008, 10:39 AM
It's so funny to read about some of the more exotic vacations above...Bahamas, London, Paris.....for some reason, none of that has ever appealed to me.

I am going camping..IN A TENT...about 4 hours from here and am excited about that!!

:D

Gobbla2001
07-05-2008, 11:07 AM
I just got back. Left June 12th for London for 3 days, then on to Paris for 3 days. Then flew back on the 19th, spent the night at home, then drove from Athens to Colorado Springs and spent a week with the in-laws. Then left Monday the 30th and came to Iowa Park and spent 5 days bass fishing with my parents. Got back about 2:15 today. Anybody top that one?:p

quick question:

DO YOU WORK?????

because I cannot top that...

I'm usually not a vacationing type of person... I use my vacation at work in days, not weeks... take a day here, take a day there, three day weekend here, day off in the middle of the week there...

bwdlionfan
07-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Roomate and I are throwing around the idea of a week long trip to Yellowstone and go camping. Anyone ever been? It says campsites are first come first serve basis... I'm wondering how hard it is to get in this time of year.

Necks_Fan
07-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Goin on a mini vacation to SPI on Monday andf then i'm going to KC, MO on the 18th.

hawkfan
07-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
quick question:

DO YOU WORK?????

because I cannot top that...

I'm usually not a vacationing type of person... I use my vacation at work in days, not weeks... take a day here, take a day there, three day weekend here, day off in the middle of the week there...

Teacher=Summers off. By the way, if there are any teachers planning on taking kids on a trip, I highly recomend Explorica. Plus for every 6 kids, an adult travels free. This trip to Europe cost me $330.00 plus spending money.

87 TIGER
07-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Cozemel next sat. July 12th for 5 days

GreenMonster
07-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Leaving for San Antonio Monday morning at 4. We'll be there 5 days. Home for a couple weeks then off to Ruidosa for 4 days.

WOS87
07-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Paris for Halloween
Dublin for my birthday the following week

I'm volunteering to work all summer to let all my colleagues with family and kids out of school have time off.

...and no, not Paris, Texas or Dublin, Texas before any wiseguys try to chime in :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
07-05-2008, 07:51 PM
We're headed to Tombstone, AZ in about two weeks. Not exactly a vaccation, but more of a "lets go get our horses" kinda trip.

OldNavy
07-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Paris for Halloween
Dublin for my birthday the following week

I'm volunteering to work all summer to let all my colleagues with family and kids out of school have time off.

...and no, not Paris, Texas or Dublin, Texas before any wiseguys try to chime in :rolleyes:

We went to Queenstown, New Zealand in February and will be in Dublin, Ireland in August. Queenstown was outstanding! We will be exploring the old Irish Pubs in Dublin and taking a gander at the Book of Kells and be back in time for the first scrimages.

loboes86
07-06-2008, 09:32 PM
We're headed for Hawaii July 26th.

Gobbla2001
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Teacher=Summers off. .

ohhhh... that's why I always wanted to be a teacher or just stay in school...

lion75
07-08-2008, 11:23 PM
I just got back. Left June 12th for London for 3 days, then on to Paris for 3 days. Then flew back on the 19th, spent the night at home, then drove from Athens to Colorado Springs and spent a week with the in-laws. Then left Monday the 30th and came to Iowa Park and spent 5 days bass fishing with my parents. Got back about 2:15 today. Anybody top that one?:p Maybe. Depends on where you stayed in London and Paris. I've been to both and I just got back from the Montage at Laguna Beach, California.I freaked out. Bill Gates owns a private residence there. Micheal Jordon and some of his business associates had just finished meetings there when we arrived. The best rooms are over $900.00 per night. One of the restaurants has a steak that is $50.00 per ounce.I passed. My private balcony looked straight out over the Pacific directly at Catalina Island. Google it.

ProudHornetMom
07-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Just spent a week camping in Louisiana and will be camping on the coast later this month.

garciap77
07-09-2008, 12:19 PM
SPI in Aug for our yearly visit!

Bull Butter
07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
SPI in Aug for our yearly visit!

There's a good band there that owns a club. I can't remember their name....................:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

nobogey72
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
My perfect vacation would be for my 'ol lady to get the hell outta here for a couple of weeks and I'd play golf everyday (guilt free) and play like I was a retired bachelor for a couple of weeks. But, that ain't gonna happen. We are going to Carmel Ca. for a few days, and YES I am going to play Pebble Beach & Cypress Point before we leave. :D

garciap77
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
There's a good band there that owns a club. I can't remember their name....................:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

We spent most of the time on the beach, mybe Louie's, but that is about it! Some fishing and Bar-B-Qing.

tigerpride_08
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
i guess my family vacation starts tomorrow...my family are taking me to visit Sul Ross University...takes about 9 hours to get there:(

Bull Butter
07-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i guess my family vacation starts tomorrow...my family are taking me to visit Sul Ross University...takes about 9 hours to get there:(

You'll love Alpine! It's just like Wharton!;)

garciap77
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
My perfect vacation would be for my 'ol lady to get the hell outta here for a couple of weeks and I'd play golf everyday (guilt free) and play like I was a retired bachelor for a couple of weeks. But, that ain't gonna happen. We are going to Carmel Ca. for a few days, and YES I am going to play Pebble Beach & Cypress Point before we leave. :D

Take a jacket it gets cold down there! Use to go there once a month or so when we lived in Mt. View, CA! Have a nice trip and don't drive 17 mile drive if you are drinking!:)

P.S. Who's going to watch over the turf install while you are gone!;)

3afan
07-09-2008, 03:31 PM
goin' to Vegas in October

tigerpride_08
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
You'll love Alpine! It's just like Wharton!;)

haha well i guess i'll find out :)

Chief Woodman
07-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Well lets se this year.....

NYC for 4 days including Phantom....

Grand Cayman for 6 day, 10 dives and lots of beach time with Tortuga rum....

Cruise in Feb went Rotan, Guatamala, Belize and Cozumel...6
dives lots of fun on ship....

Seattle this AUG and will vist Whistler, Vancoover and Victoria. Seaplane , ferry and train trip included

New Orleans in feb.......

Headed to ABQ for balloon fest this OCT (will fly my own plane there)

Oshkosh fly in late July in wisconson...will fly my own plane there and camp out. Will stop in CHI for a cubbie game...

Duck and goose hunting over thanksgiving on a 6000 acre rice farm (bet I limit out again)

Thats about all I could fit in except.....

two more Cruises over Christmas and next Feb!!