PDA

View Full Version : I never seem to be in the right place at the right time.

Ranger Mom
07-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Yesterday a Town & Country in Midland raised their gas price to $4.00.....someone screwed up big time, and there were several lucky recipients of $0.40 a gallon gas!!!!

Of course, I wasn't one of those!!:mad: :mad:

pirate4state
07-04-2008, 10:56 AM
holy crap lol i wonder if they fired that person :thinking:

sorry you didn't get free gas :(

Ranger Mom
07-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
holy crap lol i wonder if they fired that person :thinking:

sorry you didn't get free gas :(

No joke!!

Although, my bank DID inform me that I had over 16,000 "thank you" points that I wasn't aware of.

I just went to their website and was able to cash in 15,500 of those points for $125 in gas cards.

That should help a little bit on vacation anyway!!!

lepfan
07-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
...someone screwed up big time, and there were several lucky recipients of $0.40 a gallon gas!! So basically they stole the gas... an honest person would have not taken the gas at .40 a gallon... so at least you did not have to have this on you conscience...now doesn't that make you feel better... :) ;)

Txbroadcaster
07-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
So basically they stole the gas... an honest person would have not taken the gas at .40 a gallon... so at least you did not have to have this on you conscience...now doesn't that make you feel better... :) ;)

ur kidding right?

lepfan
07-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ur kidding right? Nope...would you have driven off with .40 gas KNOWING that was the wrong price???? I wouldn't have...honesty goes a long way! (I am a firm believer of what goes around comes around)

Integrity!

What would you have done???

pirate4state
07-05-2008, 02:12 AM
I would have laughed & drove off with .40 cent gas! :devil:

How do we know that isn't good karma coming back for me? It's all a vicious cycle. :nerd: :thinking: :D

Old Tiger
07-05-2008, 03:53 AM
So basically they stole the gas... an honest person would have not taken the gas at .40 a gallon... so at least you did not have to have this on you conscience...now doesn't that make you feel better... :) ;) no....we are being robbed at the pump....an honest person wouldn't charge $4 for gasoline ;)

SintonFan
07-05-2008, 04:06 AM
You good folks wouldn't rip off those decent folks making a living, I'm sure...:(

JasperDog94
07-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Nope...would you have driven off with .40 gas KNOWING that was the wrong price???? I wouldn't have...honesty goes a long way! (I am a firm believer of what goes around comes around)

Integrity!

What would you have done??? Exactly. Have any of us ever received too much change from a cashier? I know I have. If it's a dime instead of a nickle I'm not too worried about it, but if it's dollars I try to correct the mistake. I don't want to be the cause of somebody losing their job.

I have been on the other end of the equation. I worked at a bank and gave somebody 100 dollars too much one time. They came back and told me about the mistake. You have no idea how good that made me feel...plus the fact that losing 100 bucks didn't go on my record.

"Your character is who you are when nobody is looking."

Necks_Fan
07-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Nope...would you have driven off with .40 gas KNOWING that was the wrong price???? I wouldn't have...honesty goes a long way! (I am a firm believer of what goes around comes around)

Integrity!

What would you have done??? I honestly don't kow what I would have done.

My guess is, the line at that store was a mile long, so if that's the case, I would have just drove to the next one. If I pull up to the pump and then I realize it's .40/ gallon. Then I probably fill up.

I don't think I would have went out of my way to rip them off though. Only if it was directly in front of my face, and even then, i don't know if I would have done it.

eppy 12
07-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
no....we are being robbed at the pump....an honest person wouldn't charge $4 for gasoline ;) :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
07-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I honestly don't know what I would have done.....In a situation like that, I always wonder if I am on "Candid Camera!"

But...I was in Wal-Mart last week and bought 2 steaks that were appx. $12.00 each. I was at the self check out and when I scanned one I got a message, "please place item aside and an associate will help you," I put it in a bag, since it was "bleeding" and proceeded to ring up the next steak....same message.

I went ahead and rang up the rest of my groceries and my husband was loading them in the basket. When I got done, I paid and we left.

It wasn't until I got back to Greenwood and was unloading the stuff that I remembered that message, so I looked at my receipt....sure enough, I didn't get charged for the steaks!!

I darn sure didn't drive back into town to rectify it either. The girl that was overseeing all those transactions had to override it for me to have been able to continue checking out....IMO, she should have come over right then and did what she needed to do. As it was, I guess both of us forgot about it.