PDA

View Full Version : Warning

Jacket2000
10-28-2002, 12:07 AM
As Im sure you all have noticed,the site has grown considerably this season. But, along with the new, respectable posters come the immature, HS kids; which we seem to have had an influx of as of late. And, unfortunately, Matt and myself have done a rather poor job of cleaning up the trash that these posters bring. But, this will come to an end as of now. We have been very lax this season, but I promise, we will do a much better job of cleaning up the trash around here from now on. So, if you are one of those of which I speak, this is your first and final warning.
Have a nice day.
J2K

buffalo booster
10-28-2002, 10:56 AM
J2K -- appreciate the efforts that you guys make to keep the board clean. Don't know how you can keep up with all of the postings. Would it/does it help if we report "trash" when we see it directly to a moderator?

hotstuff
10-28-2002, 11:04 AM
Yes, J2K, and please browse through many of the remarks made by Giddings people. One would think they were 8-0.

Jacket2000
10-28-2002, 11:15 AM
Yes, Buffalo Booster, it would help to report these posts to an administrator. But, please try to keep the whinning to a minimum. We get several reports a day from poster complaining about classless posts, etc.. While we don't like those type of posts, we will only ban someone for posting something that we have deemed "inappropriate"(ie: cursing, racial slurs, referrences to sexuality, threats, insulting or disrespectful posts calling out a HS player(or coach in extreme cases) by name, etc...) A good rule of thumb is, if you're not sure, dont post it. If you have trouble distinguishing what is appropriate or not, Matt or myself will be more than happy define it for you(which will probably include alot more reading that posting).
Hotstuff, see the above paragraph. True, we dont like classless posts anymore than anyone else, but we do have the first amendment.
J2K

bigbullbacker
10-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Thanks for running a class act here. I know that during the battle of big sandy both sides were sometimes little much,but it was like u said somewhat amusing