PDA

View Full Version : Hey my people in the south

CHS_CG
07-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Does anybody know where a place called the Cotton Patch in Yorktown is?

STANG RED
07-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I know where the one is in Abilene. But that may be bit further than you want to drive.:D
Just as well. It's not all that great anyway. Not bad, just nothing to brag about.

CHS_CG
07-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I know where the one is in Abilene. But that may be bit further than you want to drive.:D
Just as well. It's not all that great anyway. Not bad, just nothing to brag about.

This isnt the restaurant I am talking about one of my friends is playing a gig down there tomorrow. I am not even sure how to get to Yorktown from Caldwell.. It looks like its about a thumbnail or so away from Cuero on the map :nerd:

CHSfan
07-03-2008, 11:43 PM
well if you know how to get to cuero its only 15 mins from here...like what direction would you be coming from?

Old Green
07-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Does anybody know where a place called the Cotton Patch in Yorktown is? It's outside Yorktown.
Come to Cuero then Get on Hwy 72 to Yorktown. A few miles west of Yorktown is Fm 952. Take 952 to Cotton Patch. You can't miss it at the first major crossroad on the left. I had heard someone was thinking about opening the old bar and store again. It has an outdoor concrete pad for a dance floor.;)

Phil C
07-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Too bad you aren't going about 250 miles more south to South Padre Island, Texas where you could enjoy the great Pelican West Band whose place is located just south of the Raddison Hotel.

greenpride
07-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Too bad you aren't going about 250 miles more south to South Padre Island, Texas where you could enjoy the great Pelican West Band whose place is located just south of the Raddison Hotel.

I am on my way to SPI next Saturday for 9 days. This the destination of choice for my family for years. Can't wait to get on the beach and absorb the scenery!

CHS_CG
07-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
It's outside Yorktown.
Come to Cuero then Get on Hwy 72 to Yorktown. A few miles west of Yorktown is Fm 952. Take 952 to Cotton Patch. You can't miss it at the first major crossroad on the left. I had heard someone was thinking about opening the old bar and store again. It has an outdoor concrete pad for a dance floor.;)

My friend played there a few months ago but I didnt get to make it. I hear the motels there are not worth laying your head down on the pillows... how many hotels does Cuero have?

CHS_CG
07-04-2008, 02:37 PM
ttt

Old Green
07-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
My friend played there a few months ago but I didnt get to make it. I hear the motels there are not worth laying your head down on the pillows... how many hotels does Cuero have? Stay at the Executive Inn in Cuero if you can. Very nice motel.

CHS_CG
07-05-2008, 01:47 PM
We ended up driving back. Didnt want to spend that much on a hotel we were going to be at for no more than like 6 hours, and the ones in Yorktown....well they leave something to be desired!

We ended up getting home about 4:30 this morning... 12 hrs after we left!

Ranger Mom
07-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Stay at the Executive Inn in Cuero if you can. Very nice motel.

Except for the crooks who run it!!:mad: :mad: